Happy Cliché Day

It was Valentines Day. The day of clichés. Even though I wasn't single, I still hated it. I woke up in the morning, in the soft, comfortable, hotel bed. Immediatly I sighed. I rolled myself out of bed and got dressed. I was finishing up getting ready when all of sudden I felt a huge pain in my stomach. My cancer was acting up again, yay! I bent over my sink and held my stomach, just wanting it to go away when I heard a knock on the threshold of my bathroom door. I looked over and I saw Nash standing there with a vase in his hand, a smile from ear to ear.

I gave him and odd look. "Happy Non-Cliché Valentines Day," he said coming over and hugging me wih his free arm. He handed me the vase. "I know you hate Valentine's Day becacause of the clichés, so I didn't get you flowers." He handed me the empty vase as I burst out laughing.

"Why thank you," I said holding it close to my heart. I gave him a peck on the lips as I went to my suitcase to get the gift I bought him. We said no real expensive gifts because I hate valentines day, so I pulled out 5 boxes of Starbursts and gloves that you could use your phone with, wrapped in a little box that he tore open in 2 seconds. I watched him open it and laughed at his two year old reaction when he saw the Starbursts. His eyes widened and he ripped into a box and shoved them into his mouth. He looked up at me with his mouth full and tried to give me a kiss. I backed away as he puckered his lips with a mouth still full of Starbursts, and started coming towards me. He dropped the box and gift on the table as he got closer and closer to me.

I started laughing. "Stop it, you're gross!" He started running at me, making weird noises as he chewed his favorite candy. He tackled me on the bed and he finished swallowing, pinned my arms down, and kissed me. I forced him off and burst out laughing. Then he tackled me again and started kissing me all over until I pushed him off me again. "Stop!" I said as I couldn't stop laughing.

He walked over to the gift resting on the table and threw a few more Starbursts in his mouth as he opened the rest of the gift and saw the gloves. "MMHMHHMHUUUMM" he mummbled loudly pulling on the gloves.

"What?" I said getting off the bed and walking over to him. I popped a Starburst in my mouth, and his eyes got huge. He shook his head vigorously snatching the box out of my hand. I giggled at his imaturaty.

"I said, I've been wanting and needing these gloves. THANK YOU," he bent down a bit and kissed me on the lips. "The only thing is, is that I didn't just get you that vase. I like to called this day the '5 non-clichés of Valentines Day for Liv,'" Nash announced motioning his hands like an imaginary banner hanging infront of our faces.

I put my face in my hands, a little scared,not knowing what he had planned. "Let's go get some breakfast!" He yelled grabbing my hands and pulling me out of the room. My stomach pain was still there, but I tried not to show it and enjoy his great mood.

*****

When we got into the room that held our breakfast for all the hotel residents, a plate had been set out for me, filled with everything I would normally eat. He pulled out the chair to help me sit down. I tried to hide my whince as much as possible as I got into the chair. Jack G. came out holding a stuffed dog. Nash grabbed it from him and placed it in my hands.

"I didn't get you a teddy bear," Nash said trying not to smile. He kissed the top of my head as I held the stuffed dog in my lap. I laughed to myself and put my face in my hands again. Then, Cameron came out holding a heart shaped box. Nash took it from Cam and handed it too me. I opened it scared of what I might find. It was a box of caramel candies.

"I didn't get you chocolate." He obviously was very proud of himself for thinking of these things.

"So that's three," I said smiling at him. I ate one of the caramels. And before I knew it, Matt walked out with one of his weird smiles on his face. He handed me paper in the shape of a liver.

I looked at Nash oddly. "I didn't make you a heart-shaped valentine," he replied to my look. I opened up the card and on the inside it said "I'm so glad you were deLIVERed into my life." I laughed so hard. He was so sweet. He went through all of this too make me happy. This was creative I have to say. Incredibly cheesy, but creative.

"So one more thing?" I asked looking around too see who Nash chose next to hand me the "non-cliché gift." But no one was there. Nash moved his chair closer to me.

"I know you hate necklaces as gifts, so I didn't get you a necklace." He pulled out a ring box. Immediatly my heart jumped, but not the way I wanted it too. I wasn't ready to get married or anything. "And before you flip out, which I can see you already have... this isn't an engagement ring, it's a promise ring."

I was so relieved.

"Olivia, I love everything about you. From you're determind and couragous personality, to how beautiful you are. You are the strongest person I've ever met. I've never even heard you once complain about your condition. I love all the little things about you, from the way you make your coffee, to the way your feet look when you dance. I love your hands, I love your soft hair, and I love how caring and compassionate you are. I want to give this promise ring to you, only if you except it, as a promise to me and to us, that no matter what, we will be faithful and pure. This is a reminder of how much I love you. Do you except this ring?"

I could tell all the boys were eavesdropping. Tears brimmed my ears and I nodded my head and chocked out a "y-yes."

He slid it on my ring finger and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me out of my chair. Immediatly our song began to play. "Can I have this dance?" Nash asked in his fake british accent, bowing while extending his hand.

"Yes," I said taking his hand. It was in that moment that I knew I would love this kid forever. Happy Cliché Day.