It's Over

I tried and tried but it was getting too far out of my grasp. I had started to cry in panic. I stretched as far as I could and then-

I grabbed it. I caught hold of a loose strap and with all my strength, and some adreniline, I pulled the backpack clost enough to get a grip. The instructor yelled instructions into my ear as we neared the ground. There was a buckle that I was to strap on the backpack that would secure us. The extra weight brought us down faster than before. I fumbled with the buckle and had a hard time finding the loop on the backpack to hook it too. If I didn't get us secure, we wont land correctly and all of us could get seriously hurt.

When I finally hooked us together the instuctor told us how we would land. It didn't matter how sloppy the landing was, it was that we all were safe and uninjured. Our landing felt like a pilots first time on the runway. We landed with a jolt and a dog pile. As soon as we rolled off of each other I unzipped myself and ran to Nash. He had just gotten himself detached and I jumped into his arms. He lifted me off the ground and I hugged him as tight as I could. My tears had returned, but they were tears of relief.

Nash set me down and kissed me passionatly on the lips. I hugged him again. He wiped away my tears and tried to calm me down by getting me to stop shaking. During the time we were hugging, my instructor had knelt down next to Nash's instructor to see what was wrong. I turned around to see what was wrong and saw that he was unconsious and had been the whole time. The people that had been waiting there for us to land came over to check him out also. On their walkie-talkies they called 911.

I put my hands over my mouth as I watched these people do CPR on this man we had met just an hour before. Nash held me and tried to pry me away from the scene and not let me watch, but I didn't budge. I was frozen.

The sounds of "1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5," was stuck in my head long after they carried the dead man away. On the drive home the car was silent. Neither Nash nor I spoke one word. What was the most amazing experience in my life turned into one of the scariest. I couldn't seem to escape from death. It was just sign that I was stuck.