Best Friend

I was finally leaving Magcon. It was fun in all, but I get tired easily. I was going to try to attend as many Magcon's as my body would allow with Nash to give me something to do, since all I have on my schedule is to literally sit around at home all day doing nothing. I was healthy enough to get away for a few days or a few hours, but not healthy enough to go to school 7 hours away from home. I was just taking the semester off, and so was Nash to do all his social media stuff.

I walked through the door of my house and plopped my bags on the ground. My parents hadn't even known I had gotten in yet. My mother heard the noise and came into the foyer were I was standing staring at a picture frame that contained a picture of our family, and the Grier's family. It had been a risk, me and Nash getting together, and it still technically was. We had been friends since as far back as I could remember. Our family was the new family on the block back when I was 3. The Griers, being as friendly as they were, welcomed us, and introduced me and Nash. It just kinda clicked. Not me and Nash, but our parents. They became best friends, and when adults with young kids become best friends, that usually means the kids have to be together too.

It was a rough start. Since we were young we often fought about who's toys were who's, and what we should do. I liked coloring, he liked trucks. I like dolls, he liked trains. But as we got older and started our first day of school and kindergarten together, we relied on each other for "support" I guess you could say as a five year old. We didn't have any other friends, other than each other since we were pretty much toddlers, so the first day of kindergarten we kinda stuck together like glue.

As years progressed and I got more mature, but Nash didn't, we found each other likable. Our parents would always joke that we would get married because we were inseparable since the age of 6. It was kind of an "us against the world" kind of thing. We found games to play that we both liked, and we learned at an earlier age then most, that the opposite gender does not have cooties.

And from the age of 6, until present day, he's been my best friend. We went to homecoming freshman year together as friends. But sophomore year, when things got crazy with musicals and stuff, we grew apart a bit. But I think it was a good break for us. It brought us closer when I got back, close enough to the point were feelings started to appear. We had started going out about a year before he made a vine account, junior year.

Most of his fans supported us since when he started getting popular I was already there, in the picture. I did get hate from some of them every once in a while, but a lot of them gave me love. They encouraged me with my battle through cancer, and many of them told me they were praying for me.

I hugged my mom, snapping me out of my walk down memory lane trance. She asked me how it was, and those motherly questions. The bad part about returning now, is that I have to go in and do Chemotherapy in a few hours- the worst part of my week. Nash wasn't here to go with me. He stayed down in California doing some work stuff with Cameron. He was going to Chicago next week. I wasn't going to go with him. I couldn't go every week, it'd be too much.

I hugged my brother and my father who came down the stairs when they heard the door open and shut and my bags plop on the floor.

*****

I sat in my room staring at the blank purple wall ahead of me. I missed being young. No one cared about anything other than what they were going to eat for breakfast, and you could play and be crazy. There was no worries, no stress. I missed being able to play in the Grier's pool as a kid with Nash's and my older brothers throwing us around and playing with us. I missed playing a game we liked to call "Wilderness" in the tree house in my back yard. I missed the park we used to go to and the lemonade we used to drink together at lunch in the summer. I missed my light up shoes and my hello kitty back pack. I missed the Disney Channel shows that I thought had such good actors and actresses. I miss having the dream of become a pop star like Hannah Montana. I miss being able to say "Twins!" every time my friend and I would be in sync on the swings. And most of all, I missed being healthy.

Everyone grows up wishing they could be older, and when we grow older, we wish we had never grown up.