Sunny Days|Inukai x Fem!Reader

Key:
     (Y/N): Your name
     (H/C): Hair color
     (E/C): Eye color
_____________________________
       "It's such a nice and sunny day today, Inu-kun!" You stretched out your arms in the outside air. "Yeah," Inukai says cheerfully. "It's really nice out, (Y/N)-chan!" You both smiled. You always had a thing for Sumiharu. You often yearned for his attention. "Wanna go grab some ice cream?" The Gunner asked. "My treat." You raised an eyebrow. "Don't you have Defense Duty or a Rank War coming up, though?" "Nah," The teen replied. "I have the day off today!" He ruffled your (H/C) hair.
"Besides, I asked for the day off so I could hang out with you a bit more than usual!" You felt a slight blush creep up to your face. For me? You thought, Really? "Anyway," He said. "Ice cream?" You gave him a small smile. "Sure, Sumiharu." (He allows you to call him by his first name).

        •Le time skip•

     "Where are you taking me?" You giggled. After you guys finished your ice cream, Inukai insisted that he would take you someplace special. "Only for the awesomest!" He had said. The B-Ranker blindfolded you and dragged you to somewhere unknown. "Okay," He said, while taking off your blindfold. "Here we are!" You gaped at the scene in front of you. It was a wide, beautiful clearing. A green, grassy landscape covered the dirt. And small pond with rocks, pebbles, lily pads, flowers, and cute little turtles and frogs adorned a sparkling blue circle. Next to it, a picnic blanket was spread. Birds chirped in the sunny blue sky. "So," Inukai said smoothly. "Do you like it?" You grinned widely. "Like it?" You asked. "I love it!" You gave him a big hug, squeezing him tightly. "Thank you, so, so much!" He chuckled and hugged back. "I'm glad." His face suddenly became serious. "(Y/N)?" He asked. "Yes?" You replied. Sumiharu never said your name without -chan after it. It made you uneasy. "I-I have something to tell you..." He trailed off. "What is it?" You asked worriedly. "I-I really, really, really, really like you... Do you like me back...?" Inukai's eyes darted away. You were speechless for a moment. He likes me? You thought. Sumiharu releases you from your hug. He squeezed his eyes shut. "I-I'm sorry. I understand if you don't feel the same wa--" You cut him off by tackling him with a hug. "Geez, Sumiharu-kun!" You laughed while wrapping your arms around his neck. "I do feel the same way! I've been waiting for you to say that for such a long time!" Inukai's face broke into a smile. He laughed, staring into your (E/C) eyes. Then suddenly, he pressed his lips against yours. You were surprised for a moment, but you kissed back.