Sleepless Medieval Nights| Yuzuru Ema x Reader

Medieval AU where Yuzuru doesn't seem to have a crush on Chika.

     This was requested by someone a long time ago when I didn't really know Ema's personality. I still don't really know his personality, but I'm willing to try this time.

     Enjoy!
----------------------------------------

     "Yuzuru?"

     You noticed the pile of blankets next to you shuffle. Your boyfriend let out a quiet groan.

     Yuzuru turned to you, turquoise (??) eyes glazed over with drowsiness. "Yes?" He muttered groggily.

     Boy, were you thankful that the archer's barracks were gender-neutral and that the other archers that slept on the top floor were on duty.

     "I can't sleep."

     Yuzuru rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, slowly sitting up. His rumpled beige tunic slipped over his left shoulder, being too big for him.

     He moved his fingers in a 'come here' motion. "Come closer."

     You scooted towards him.

     "Closer."

     You knitted your eyebrows, confused. Why closer?

     "Come on, I won't bite."

     You bit your lip, but moved closer regardless.

     Yuzuru wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you down so you both laid down. He pulled you close to his chest and caressed your hair.

     "Why can't you sleep?" He asked.

     Such a simple question, but you felt so relaxed by his touch, his scent of woodsmoke, his gentle, calming voice, that you almost forgot to respond.

     "U-Uh... I-I don't really know... It's a little cold, and I just keep getting these 'What if?'s in my head..."

     "Hm," his breath tickled your ear. "I see."

     "W-Wait!" You remembered suddenly. You stared into his eyes. "If we get caught like this, we'll be sentenced to a harsh punishment...!"

     Yuzuru stared back into your eyes, stoic as ever. "Trust me, (Y/N), the rest of the archers that sleep on this floor won't say a word." He reassured you. "Especially if Toma says so."

     "W-Well..." you mumbled. "I guess..."

     "Good." he kissed your forehead. "Are you still cold?"

     "No..." you murmured, nuzzling into his chest. "You're really warm."

     You felt a light rumble in his chest, and realized that he chuckled. "Yes, that I am. But what are these 'What if?' questions that plague your mind?"

     "Um," you said. "I-It's not really multiple 'What-if's, but more like I just have one really large 'What if?'... Can I tell you it?"

     "Of course."

     You exhaled. "What if..." your voice faltered. "What if you stop loving me?"

     Yuzuru went completely still and silent, which concerned you.

     Did I say something wrong? You panicked. Oh my god, did I upset him?

     You looked at his face, frantically searching for a reaction.

     His face... held frustration and slight anger.

     "(Y/N), why would you ever think that?"

     You squeezed your eyes shut, the beginnings of tears beginning to form.

     "I-I'm sorry if I said something wrong but that Amatori girl keeps talking to you and complimenting you and she's so much more beautiful and intelligent and talented than me and I'm so sorry you should be with her I shouldn't be burdening y—Mmrph!"

     It took you a moment to realize that Yuzuru was kissing you.

     The Yuzuru Ema was kissing you.

     He broke away from the kiss, holding your face in his hands as he wiped away tears that you didn't know had fallen.

     "(Y/N)," Yuzuru said softly. "I love you, not Amatori, only you. Please understand that."

     "I-I...!" You stammered, more tears escaping. "I love you too, Yuzuru, I-I just... I'm sorry for making you upset."

     "No, (Y/N), I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you feel so... inferior. I love you so much."

     "I love you too." You murmured, giving him a small peck on the lips.

     Yuzuru Ema once again wrapped his arms around you lovingly, and you both fell into the sweet embrace of sleep.