Ch.10

Thanksgiving came by and I was staying with the Vantas family. And it was interesting considering I got to know more about Kankri and Mr. Vantas. Karkat still hid things about himself, things he probably wasn't ready to tell me yet. Thanksgiving night rolled in and my brothers and Jake decided to join us for dinner. I was glad to have both families with me tonight. Mr. Vantas did the cooking along with Kankri who I came to find out was a vegan. In the meantime, Karkat had our time occupied with romcons. They were really corny. I sighed as we finished another one.

"Karkles these are really really really boring," I whined. He hits my leg. "Ow..."

"They are not boring Strider!"

"Karks they are very boring, very very boring,"

"Shut up Dave," he growled. I laughed a bit.

"David you brothers are here!" I hear his dad shout. I got up and ran out the room. As soon as I get to the entrance, I am greeted with a major tackle from both of my brothers.

"Good to see ya, bro" Dirk says as he ruffles up my hair and smiles. Bro chuckles and pulls us both up.

"Hope you're doing okay bro," Bro says. I nodded lying once again.

"Hey Striders," Karkat says as he walks up to us. I looked at him and he knew what I was trying to say. I don't want him to tell my brothers anything. I would have to tell them myself, but not now. While the turkey was in the oven we all sat down and decided to just have some small talk.

"Oh father I have to ask Cronus will be coming over as well, I hope that's not a problem or triggering toward anyone here. I just want to make sure that youre okay with it," Kankri says out of the blue.

"Oh you mean that fucking douche's older brother?" I asked?

"#language David. And yes Eridan's older brother. He had asked me if he could come over due to all the drama that seems to cloud around his father and younger brother and it doesn't seem like he wants to go with them on their Thanksgiving vacation into the sea, and I felt if I were to say no it would have triggered him yet at the same him not being with his family could trigger them and it may lead to other complications-"

"Kanrki calm down my child, it will be fine. If there is an issue I will speak with his father myself,"

"Oh but father I wouldn't cause any trouble or burdens to you seeing as how you have too many to worry about,"

"It is fine," Mr. Vantas says with a smile. The door bell rings and Kanrki goes to answer it.

"Hey there Kanrki," it was Cronus. And i swear the look on Kanrki's face lightened up a bit.

"Ah Cronus you made it and on time as well. Please come in. And as few precautions please do not use any foul terms so that you don't trigger anyone. And if at any moment you feel triggered by anyone in this household including myself do not feel induced not to say anything, please let me know. I do not wish to have you leaving this house rather upset or triggered at any moment-" we all just groaned as he kept going on and on. Cronus stood there taking it all in at the beginning but then he cuts him off by kissing him.

"When did this happen?!" Karkat shouted.

"Whaooo," Dirk and Bro exclaim while fist bumping like children. I shook my head and laughed.

Kankri pulls away first blushing like mad,"C..Cronus! #triggered! I am very triggered at the moment that you would pull off such a move before my friends and family! Please behave yourself! And that could have triggered someone!"

"Kankri it's okay," he chuckles and walks in. As we sat at the table and got ready to eat the phone rings. Mr. Vantas gets up to answer it and then looks toward me. I look at him.

"Dave it's Mr. Ronald's he would like to speak to you,"

I slowly stood up and walked over taking the phone.

"Hello?"

"Listen up David. We are coming back early due to rescheduling of my meetings and vacation time which has been wasted. We will be coming back within the next hour. When we get back I expect the house to be clean from top to bottom,"

"But I'm having Thanksgiving dinner right now with the Vantas family," I protested.

"I don't care. Do it or else...we will have issues. Im sure you wouldn't want a repeat of what happened,"

"How...do you remember that? You were drunk.....!" I gasped. He laughed a bit.

"You poor demon child....haha just get the house cleaned!" And with that he hung up. I stood there and held the phone tightly in my hand. I couldn't move. But i had to. If I didn't everyone would notice. I felt my body shaking and my breathing was speeding up.

"Dave...what is it?" Dirk asks. I turn to him with wide eyes that are hidden by my shades.

"Dave..." I glance at Karkat who was just as terrified as I am.

"I...I...have to go...."

"What? Why?" Bro asks.

"D..dont ask...I just..." I felt like passing out.

"Dave dont!" Karkat grabs onto my arm and I cringe. "Dave...tell them! Just do it!" His eyes were filled with great fear. And I was guessing that fear was for me. He was so afraid for me.

"What is he talking about Dave?" Dirk stands as does Bro. Cronus and Kankri are looking at me with confusion. And Mr. Vantas sat there in silence. I gulped and turned to face them.

"Mr. Vantas.......Bro.....you both asked....me......if I was okay....with where I was staying................the truth is.....I've.....been through...a lot of....pain....sorrow...fear....and anger....and in the process...I started to lose my mind...." I slowly made my way to the living room and sat down. This was the time. Time to let it all out.