Ch.19

It was such a surprise. John and the others, they weren't afraid. They weren't freaked out. They weren't looking at me with eyes that scream disgust. They were smiling and were genuinely admiring my own eyes. I laughed and felt tears roll down my cheeks. I love these guys. All of them. I took off my shades because they were getting soaked in my tears. I held my arm over my eyes and kept crying.

"We're here for you bro," Dirk says as he takes off his own shades revealing his orange eyes. And Bro takes off his revealing his own pair of the same colored eyes. Everyone looked at them in awe. I opened my eyes at last as the tears started to settle. Everyone was smiling and admiring them. It made me feel more accepted.

By the time visiting hours were over everyone left, and I was released to go home after a quick check up and was given my medication. That night I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for a bit before I heard a small scream.

"Karkat?" I got up and ran to Karkats room and opened the door. He was sitting up in his bed with his hands to his face. His breathing was heavy and his body trembles. "Karkles...?" I slowly walked over and sat on the edge of his bed.

He lifts his head slowly from his hands slowly and turns to me,"D..Dave..? What are you doing in my room..?"

"Isn't it obvious? I heard you scream a bit so I decided to check up on you," I said and placed my hand to the back of his neck.

"I..it's nothing just a nightmare.."

"Want me to stay?" I asked. He shoves my arm away.

"I'm not a wriggler you fucktard!"

"Karkat...I'm serious..." I took his arm and looked into his eyes with my own. He gives up and hangs his head nodding. I placed a hand to the back of his head and pull him forward. I kissed his forehead and crawled into bed beside him. He looks at me with a small blush, and i chuckled.

"What the fuck are you laughing at dumbass?"

"You're too cute Karkles," I say which only makes him blush more.

He turns away from me embarrassed, "Shut the hell up damn you,"

"I love you too Karkat," I reached over and lightly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him close to me.

"Dave..."

"Shhh...just go to sleep okay? Im here..." I said. After a while I can feel his steady breathing by the movement of his chest. I knew he was asleep now. I buried my face into his back and closed my eyes.

When my eyes opened up I was stuck in my old room. But there was nothing in it. No bed. Dresser. Window. Or even a door. I turned around and there stood Mr. Ronalds. I looked up at him as he looked down on me. He was grinning and laughing. I stepped back and realized that my shades were gone. They were in his hands. He raised them up and crushed them. As he grew closer to me he grew taller in size. I felt like I was being cornered to nothing. Just getting smaller and smaller.

"W..what do you want?! You can't touch me!"

He laughs at me,"I'm always with you! In your mind, in your memories, and inside the darkness of which you created! Out of hatred! An aura of red. Fire red like hell's flames. Where you belong demon!"

"Shut up!"

"You will hurt everyone, and wont even realize it, hahahaha especially that little troll Vantas...because of me!"

He reaches to me and puts his hand to my face and presses me to the wall making it hard to breathe.

'No!'

"Dave! Dave! Wake up dammit! Wake the hell up!" I hear a voice shout. A loud voice. One I knew too well. My eyes opened up wide and I sat up gasping for air.

"Dave...." I turned to Karkat who had a look of concern and fear in his face. He stares at me. I looked down and pulled my knees up just to rest my head on them. "Dave......are you okay...? He asked.

"....n..no.....I'm..not....I'm not okay Karkles......I'm fucking not..." my voice cracked a bit as I felt tears fall down my face. Next thing I know I feel a pair of arms wrap around me tightly. I lift my head and look to Karkat.

"I'm here Dave and my ass isn't going anywhere either. You will be okay no matter what I promise...so don't go doing anything rash okay? I'm here and so is everyone else," he says to me. I wrap my arms around him tightly and bury my face in his small chest.

"Thank you Karkat......thank you very much....." I said as he held me. For a moment we stayed that way until I raised my head to him and he looked down to me as he sets himself on my lap and leans his forehead against mine.

"Dave....I love you...alright?" He says. I smiled a bit and closed in on him a bit our noses touching.

"Karkles, I love you too," I move closer as does he and before we know it we are locked at our lips. He keeps his arms around my neck and I hold him by his waist. This kiss turned way more passionate than what I had in mind. But I have no regrets. It was a good make out. I'll admit that. The only thing you could hear in the room was heavy breathing, slight small gasps, and small movements. Our tongues just fighting for control. When I pulled away a string of saliva followed. Karkats face was a deep red and I'm sure my face was just as heated. His hands were tangled in my hair and my hands were moving up his stomach. I leaned to his neck and lightly kissed it, he gave a small whimper.

"D-dave..."

Next thing I know the door opens.

"Excuse me Karkat-" Kankri walks in and stops. He looks at us and blushes hard. He takes his whistle.

"Whao whao no no no Kankri don't!" I shouted.

He blows the whistle and afterward a long lecture followed.

'Way to kill the mood dammit,'