Ch.13

My eyes opened up slowly as my vision cleared on its own. I blinked and looked around. I was in my room. But then I realized, my shades were gone and when I tried to move I felt a tug. I looked down at ankles. There was rope tying up my ankles and handcuffs cuffs keeping me to the railing of the bed. I tried to move but couldn't do anything.

"He...this man is a psycho....." I said to myself trying to move. I looked around for my phone and saw it was up on my dresser. I turned to the door that was locked tight and sighed. I couldn't reach my phone or the door. I hanged my head low.

'Wait...what about?!....Bro..! And Dirk!' I panicked and turned to the dresser where my phone was. I had to get it somehow. I kicked my feet forward and swung them to the right allowing my heel to hit its side. It shook and my phone along with it. I heard the door knob turn.

'Shit!' I pulled my legs up to me and sat up. The door opens. And his wife walks in with a tray and a plate with bread, and a glass of water.

"Damn no Doritos or Apple Juice?"

"You don't deserve it. Sweet. Heart." She glared at me with disgust. She was staring at my eyes and I was only gazing into hers.

"Tell me...why did you have to adopt me?" I asked. She only laughed and uncuffed one of my hands so I could est and drink.

"All in due time David. All in due time," she stands and walks out the room locking it. I sighed and pushed the tray away knowing the bread was stale and old. And the water was warm. I turned back to the dresser and tried to kick it again with my feet.

"Come on come on," I tried again and again until I got exhausted. I sighed. My feet burned in pain and were swelling. I tried pulling on the cuffs again but I couldn't get out. I sat against the bed and closed my eyes.

'Dammit....someone......help me...,' I fell asleep soon after.

That night I woke up to an argument downstairs. Here we go again. I closed my eyes again, but then I heard stomping on the stairs. The door bursts open and Mr. Ronald's comes in with a bottle of liquor.

"Oh shit..." I muttered.

"So you are awake huh?" He says and crouches down to me. I glared at him in which he sneered at.

"I guess I am. Mind me asking how long I was asleep?"

"Oh just a couple of days. The blow I played must have been too much for you," he grins.

"What did you do to me...?" I asked.

"Exhaustion is what gets you asleep...that's how you managed to collapse again," he sits down on my bed. I hold in my breath hoping he wouldn't reach my phone, but then I remembered something. I have to use it at some point. And the phone was upgraded by Dirk so it's more enhanced. I know how to use it. I breathed out and laughed a bit.

"What's so funny?"

"Well...you really don't know...what you're dealing with..."I said.

"Oh really?" He grabs my hair and tilts my head back. I look dead at him.

"Remember...I...am a Strider....no adoption form can change that....haha," he sneered and let me go. He sits and drinks out of his bottle.

"Well then Strider....I also know one thing about you...it was pretty obvious. You..are interested in men...well too bad. No man or even a woman would care for you....you're a child with eyes and blood that are abnormal. Striders are all abnormal freaks!" He hisses. I kept watching him. Waiting for a chance to move my arm and knock him over. But he stood up and lifted my head. "Thirsty aren't you? You didn't drink water did you?" He lifts the bottle and tilts the tip to my lips as the liquid is forced down my throat. I coughed and moved my head wanting to puke. He laughed and walked out. I coughed and breathed in. It was fucking disgusting. I looked at my dresser and finally opened my mouth.

"Turn on," the phone turns on.

'Thank you Dirk...' I waited and waited until a certain ding rang.

"Call Dirk and Karkat," the phone dials and makes it a two way call. The phone dials and dials. Then both answer.

"Hello?" They both said.

"Bro...karkat..."

"Dave! Are you okay?" Karkat shouts.

"Yes...but I have some problems...." I said with a small laugh.

"Bro what's going on...?",

"Who are you talking to in there?!" The door knob moves. I took a quick breath in. Mr. Ronald's bursts in and pulls me up by my collar.

"Answer me kid!"

"No one sir..." he throws me down making my wrist get scratched by the handcuffs. He grabs my other arm and handcuffs it again, but with the grip tighter on me. I struggled. He looked at the dresser and noticed the phone. He picked it up and tried to unlock it.

"Sorry dude the phone only works with my voice and fingerprints...you can't get in..."

"Shut up!" He kicks my gut and I cringe with a gasp.

"Dave! Dave!" Karkat kept shouting. Mr. Ronalds sets the phone down and pulls me up and holds a broken piece of glass to my arm.

"Let's let your friends listen to you scream yes?" He lifts my sleeve where my cuts are and cuts my arm with the glass. I cringe and hold back a scream but then he twists it and that forced my voice out.

"Ronalds.........." Dirk says on the phone. "You...never....mess with the Striders...I'm coming....Dave....hold on," he hangs up.

"And you don't mess with a friend of us trolls....we will get you...and I am next door...but now I'm on your porch at you door FUCKASS!"

'Karkat...no....' At that moment I could think to myself.

'Please...don't hurt Karkat.....'