Chapter 9 - Journey To Heaven

Hello, everyone! I decided to write a chapter of Esther's POV as she died so yeah. Here you go!

Word Count: 1017

_ _ _

Esther's POV

_ _ _

I laid in the bed beside Faith. I downed two more pills while I talked with everyone as we joked around. I was happy I was going to die this way- surrounded by the people that love me. I yawned, getting sleepy.

Faith was right, going this way was painless. I get to spend my last moments with all of my friends. I was too nervous to have a bullet in my head. Even though I know I would die right away, I don't want to have anything else to do with guns. I don't even think anyone here would have the heart to pull the trigger on me, either.

I know everyone will miss me, but I hope they don't mourn over me too much. Especially Faith. Without me, she would probably still be back in Elsburg. She might not even be alive at the moment. I was the one who helped her when her leg acted up. Heck- I was the one who convinced her that Major Gray was alive somewhere.

Now that I think about it, even if she did leave to find Major Gray, without me, she wouldn't have escaped. She couldn't escape herself because she was shackled up and couldn't fit through the bars. I was the one who slipped through the bars and got the keys. Without me, honestly, I have no clue where she would be right now.

I rested my head against Faith's shoulder, yawning once again. "So is this it...?" I quietly asked.

"I'm afraid so." Faith smiled sadly at me.

"We'll all miss you." Nick added. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back, despite the tears that still dripped down his face making his eyes red as he wiped them away.

"Alright... I'll miss you too... Bye everyone." I yawned.

I heard everyone saying goodbye to me. I even heard some start to cry. I saw a light in front of me that no one else saw. Suddenly, I saw Sky's ghostly figure standing in front of me, smiling warmly.

He looked just like Nick described. He had wavy brown hair, and wore black sunglasses that were sitting on top of his head, revealing piercing yellow eyes.

"Sky? What are you doing here?" I asked. Around me, everyone's faces turned shocked that Sky had come to guide me to the afterlife.

"I'm here to guide you to heaven." Sky smiled warmly, hovering above the bed I was laying in.

"Do I really have to go?" I asked sadly.

"Yes. But don't worry, your family and friends are waiting for you." Sky replied calmly.

"Alright... I'm coming, Sky." I replied. Sky drifted closer to me, and grabbed my hand. I felt all tingly and warm inside.

"Bye, everyone... I'll miss you..." I mumbled. I faintly heard everyone saying a chorus of goodbyes. Sky grasped my hand firmly, and I felt my spirit lift out of my body and I found myself floating beside Sky, with everyone below me surrounding my body that was lying motionless on the bed.

Sky never once let go of my hand as we drifted upwards and through the roof. After a moment, we were drifting up slowly through the air. I looked around me, and saw everything. I could see everything for miles upon miles while I was this high up. I giggled as we burst through the clouds, and I was amazed at what I saw.

It was just like I thought heaven would be. There were clouds everywhere. In front of me, I saw a big building. In front of it, I saw my mother and father standing with a small little boy beside them who was my brother. Sky let go of my hand, and I landed on the soft clouds. I raced towards them, and jumped towards them happily.

My father laughed and caught me in his arms. He swung me around in the air, before placing me back on the ground and we all group hugged. I glanced back at Sky, and now saw other people standing beside him.

On one side of Sky, I saw a man with short, buzzed brown hair. He gazed at me with warm eyes, just like Sky did. On the other side of Sky was a little boy my age wearing a tiger onzie. I left my family and walked back over to them.

"Esther, this is Barney and Jordan. You might have heard of them in Nick's or anyone else's stories." Sky introduced.

"Yeah! I have heard about you two." I said, looking at the two. "But wait, Nick said they have the zombie Barney in the lab. I've seen him, too. Why is Barney's soul here?"

"Well, you see, half of Barney's soul is in his zombie body, and the othsr half is here. That is why Barney is slightly more faded than we are. You can't touch him either. You just pass right through him because only half his soul is here." Sky explained.

"Oh. That's sad." I frowned.

"It's fines. It can'ts stops me from having funs." Barney laughed with his accent. Hearing it for the first time made me giggle at the silliness of his accent.

"Well, come with me. There is other people that I want you to meet, Esther. They are other people who have died on the journey through the zombie apocalypse that I would like you to meet." Sky laughed, and gently grabbed my hand again.

"Okay. Let's go!" I said, but turned back to my mother, father and little brother and joyfully shouted, "Bye guys! I'll see you later!"

"Okay, Esther! We'll see you later! Have fun!" My mother called. I smiled and waved bye to them.

While Sky held my hand as we walked along, Barney walked off somewhere and Jordan had decided to tag along with us. Boy, was I excited to meet other people Nick has told me about that have passed away.