Chapter 16 - Bedtime

Word Count: 624

_ _ _

Faith's POV

_ _ _

I was wiggling around uselessly in my cuffs, trying to break free but to no use. The cuffs cut into my wrist whenever I struggled or pulled, which did in fact hurt like hell. I looked up at the small window in the room, and saw it was night outside. I must have been in here for around 8 hours so far. Red hasn't even showed his face, with only guards opening the door and looking in to make sure I haven't somehow escaped. They must be guarding outside the door.

The door unlocked once again with a click, and the handle began to turn. I stopped struggling and looked up at the door as I saw Red walk in, and he shut and locked the door behind him.

"Hey there beautiful." Red walked over, crouched down in front of me while staring at me. I could smell his breath, it smelled much like he just had human feast.

"Your breath smells bad." I spat at him.

Red just simply chuckled in response. "Why, it's because I just had a wonderful meal," He began as he teased me, "Would you like to guess what it was?"

"Hm, how about veggies. You gotta eat your fruits and veggies, they are important for your health." I suggested, rolling my eyes.

"Haha, very funny." Red stood up, pulling a bunch of keys out of his pocket as he did so. Flipping through the keys, he mumbled quietly to himself as he found and picked out a certain key.

Kneeling down slightly behind me, he used the keys to unlock the handcuffs. "Don't bother running or trying to escape, I'll just lock you up again. My men are positioned everywhere, outside the door, in the halls, outside the window, there's no escape." Red laughed, and as the handcuffs came off, I took his advice and didn't move. But however, that still didn't stop me from rubbing my wrists. Man, they hurt like hell.

Red got up from his crouched position, and walked over to the closet, pulling out a white long sleeve shirt with some gray sweatpants. Coming back over, he handed the clothes to me. "Here, something new to sleep in. I don't want that dirt on your clothes getting onto my bed." He said bluntly. I nodded, grabbing the clothes from him.

Red turned his back to me, and I started to strip off my shirt and pants, dropping them onto the ground. Grabbing the new shirt that Red gave me, I pulled it on over my head. I then grabbed the pants that he also handed to me, pulling them on.

"Alright, I'm done." I said so Red could turn around once again. When he did, he looked me up and down and then nodded. "Alright, bedtime." He chuckled. He pulled off his red dinosaur hoodie, dropping it onto the floor, leaving him in only his pants.

I watched him crawl into one side of the bed, and under the covers while I awkwardly stood there. Looking up at me, he tilted his head slightly as he continued, "What are you waiting for? Come and lay down." He said, patting the empty spot on the bed next to him. He flashed a smile. "I promise, I don't bite. At least, not much." He giggled.

I shook off the slightly fear, and crawled under the covers. I slept with my back facing him, and he slept with his back to me. Just how I wanted it. Closing my eyes, I tried to get to sleep. It took awhile, but eventually I did at some point that night fall asleep, and in the last place I would expect to be sleeping in.