Chapter 17 - I'm Coming Home

Word Count: 587

_ _ _

Faith's POV

_ _ _

The next morning I woke up to being shaken awake. Blinking open my eyes, I saw Uni hovering above me. I was confused. I thought that I was at Red's base? Not the CDC? Was it all just some weird crazy dream that I had?

Uni lifted a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. He then used his hand to point at in the bed beside me, where Red was sleeping. Oh, so I was still at Red's base. Just wonderful. I slowly crawled out of the bed, trying my best not to wake up Red from his sleep.

Once we stood, Uni quietly walked over to the door. So the guard were taking shifts. We exited out, and I quietly closed the door so the guards wouldn't get suspicious that the door was open. We quickly but quietly ran down the hall, and we met up with one of Red's men and Major Gray.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad your okay Faith. Did he do anything with you?" Major Gray asked seriously as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"No, I'm fine. All he did was make me sleep in the same bed with him. And that was bad enough." I said, pulling a disgusted face as I recalled the memory. "Anyway, I think we need to leave now before Red wakes up and notices I'm gone."

"Yeah, anyway, my name is Tommy. We'll do more formal introductions later. We need to leave before the big Red wakes up and realizes your missing. If that happens, this whole place will go on lockdown." One of Red's men said. Oh, so his name was Tommy.

We all ran down the hall, and Tommy showed us this tunnelish thing that was a way to escape.  We ran through, and exited out into the forest.

"Alright, we need to keep moving. They've probably noticed your gone by now." Tommy told me.

We ran through the forest, and after a couple hours, we finally stopped. "Do you think this is far enough?" Major Gray asked, panting and trying to catch his breath.

"For now, it should be. But after we have our break we should keep moving." Tommy replied and told everyone.

* * *

A Couple Days Later

* * *

The four of them walked up to the CDC, cold, hungry and tired. "Open the gates!" Major Gray shouted, and the cadet positioned ontop opened the gates. Once they entered, the gates closed behind them. Walking inside the CDC, they were immediately greeted by Nick and Ghetto.

"You're back!" Nick shouted, running up to us. He had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. Probably from the stress of taking over completely whike Major Gray was gone.

"We're back." I nodded, smiling.

* * *

Over the next few days we were nursed and fed back to good health. Major Gray took back the leader role, and Nick helped him, eventually starting to get more sleep also. Esther was in a better place, and all was well, at least for now. Everything was just perfect.

_______________

Uhh, short notice, but yeah, this was the last chapter. I apologize if this ending/last chapter felt really forced. It was because honestly, I was 1. Slowly starting to loose interest in this book and 2. School was coming up, and I didn't want you guys being left hanging for an extremely long time with no update because I never have the time to write. I apologize once again.