Chapter 13 - Abandoned Church

Word Count: 1082

_ _ _

Faith's POV

_ _ _

All of us trekked through the forest. I was beyond tired, and it was probably around 5 in the morning.

"Are you sure you know where we're going, Bobby?" I yawned sleepily.

"Yes. I know these woods." Bobby replied. "We'll be back at the CDC in about a days walk, without stopping."
"Wait, we can't just go back! We have to get back at Red!" I objected.

"I don't like that idea." Cory mumbled quietly, but Major Gray shot him a glare, making him so quiet.

I glanced at Sub as he began signing something.

What about Coral?

I glanced down. I really didn't want to tell Sub that the chance that Coral was alive was unlikely.

"What did he say?" Major Gray asked me.

"He asked about Coral." I whispered.

Major Gray sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. It was weird seeing Major Gray without his helmet. He usually always wore that thing. Now he was only wearing gray pants and a gray long sleeve shirt. When Red kidnapped us he took all of our weapons and armor. The only thing we could recover was our weapons.

"We'll worry about Coral later. I'm sure he's fine." Was all Major Gray said.

Sub looked down, nodding his head slowly. My eyes looked back ahead of me, and I looked around. The forest was really thick, and we were walking on a dirt path. My leg hurt a little bit, and I limped a bit too, but other than that I was fine. I was just extremely tired for some reason. I yawned.

"Maybe we should stop. Do you think we're far enough away from Red?" Major Gray asked.

"Well, we've been walking for about 5 hours now, I think we should be fine. We'll just continue walking for a bit longer to find a good place to sleep." Bobby announced. I nodded my head, and everyone else agreed. We continued walking for around 30 minutes before we came across a thick bushy area.

"I think this would be good. We would all be hidden from anyone passing by." Major Gray announced.

Everyone settled down and got comforable. I laid down beside Major Gray, and everyone else laid down around the bushy area. I yawned, and laid my head on Major Gray's chest as he wrapped his arms around me protectively.

"Sleep tight." Major Gray whispered to me as he kissed my forehead. I smiled, and tilted a head a little to look up at him.

"You too." I chuckled, and kissed his cheek.

Somewhere off to my right I heard someone say, "Get a room." Who it turned out to be Bobby.

"We would if there was one." I pulled a face at Bobby as I giggled a little. I readjusted into a comfy position with my head still on Major Gray's chest while I used him as a pillow. Major Gray wrapped his arms around me tightly.

I smiled as I closed my eyes. I heard the gentle breeze running through the trees, making the leaves rustle. I yawned once again, before finally settling down and drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

***

I woke up to the feeling of someone gently nudging me. I yawned, and cracked open my eyes sleepily. I looked up at Major Gray who was the one trying to wake me up.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Major Gray chuckled.

"Good morning, Gray." I yawned sleepily.

"We need to get moving. But first we need to find Cory. Cory's missing." Major Gray told me, making me jolt up, now wide awake.

"He's missing?!" I panicked.

"Yeah." Major Gray said, nodding his head. I looked around to see everyone searching around nearby in the forest.

I heard a faint snoring. Suprised, I looked up to see Cory laying on a three branch, his back against the tree. It appeared that he had tied his waist to the tree so he didn't fall. I started giggling.

"What are you looking at-" Major Gray asked, but then looked up and saw Cory in the tree. "Oh."

"Guys we found him!" I shouted, which apparently woke Cory up. He yawned as everyone came back over, and also looked up at him.

"Cory, your not a bird!" Uni shouted at him.

Cory grabbed one of his knives, and cut the rope binding him to the tree. He then lost his balance, and started falling out of the tree with a yelp. Uni immediately stepped forward and caught Cory before he hit the ground, then quickly moved out of the way as the knife Cory was holding came down and nearly hit them.

"Guess I'm not a bird." Cory chuckled as Uni set him down. Cory picked up his knife and put it in his belt.

"Why were you up there?" Bobby asked. Sub waved his hands around, probably has the same question.

"If a zombie appeared I don't want to be the one getting bit." Cory shrugged.

"Well, be more careful next time. We didn't know where you were." Major Gray told him.

"Anyway, let's get moving. I don't want Red to catch up with us." I announced. Everyone agreed, and everyone grabbed their stuff before we continued walking. We were going to have a long day ahead of us.

I walked beside Major Gray. I reached my hand over to his, grasping it. He glanced over at me and gave me a small smile. Major Gray leaned over to me, and planted a quick kiss on my cheek. I giggled, and paused walking for a minute, stood on my toes, and kissed his cheek back before we both continued walking.

"Save it for later, love birds." Bobby said without turning around to look at us. "We have places to be."

"Alright, fine." I chuckled. I looked up at Major Gray to see him pretending to mock Bobby by opening and closing his mouth. I giggled before turning my attention back up front.

"Wait, guys. There's a building up ahead." Bobby called.

We all quieted down and walked slowly. I peeked out into the clearing, and noticed a big, old, church building.

"We should probably loot it." I announced.

"Yeah." Bobby nodded his head.

"Alright. Faith, Uni and I will go loot the inside of the place, and you guys explore outside a little bit." Major Gray announced. Everyone nodded, and we all split up into the two groups. Both the groups went their separate ways.