Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Father, I'm back!" I called out to him walking into the shed outside the house.

I heard a bang and then a grunt, "Father?! Are you alright?!" I rushed to where the sound was coming from and saw the weirdest contraption I have seen my father make, or at least I assumed he made it.

It looked as if he took a carriage and turned it into some kind of murder machine. With sharp utensils at the front I'll admit I was a little frightened.

"Father?" I called out again.

I heard another grunt, "Ciel, my boy, come here a second."

I followed his voice and found him on the other side of the Death -that's what I decided to call it- bending down twisting bolts into the side of it.

"You needed me father?" I questioned catching his attention.

"Yeah, I need you to go in the house and find my old tool box and get me the wrench I have in there. The tool box should be under my bed," he explained.

"Alright father," I turned to walk away when he stopped me.

"Ciel," he started.

I turned looking at his curiously, "Yes?"

"If I get this to work I'm going to have to go away for a couple days. There's a fair coming in a few towns down and I was going to attend if it's alright with you? I'll be gone longer than I have before so I thought I should ask you," he looked hesitant and almost guilty as he said this.

"Oh no father that's alright. Go, go. Maybe if you succeed we can get out of this place go find somewhere better to live," I told him. I wasn't lying I wanted him to go; I really needed to not only get away from the town and you-know-who. Yes, I'm talking about Robert.

"You're sure? I mean-" he tried to go against it but I stopped him.

"Yes father, I'm sure. You need to go get away from the farm for a while," I reassured him trying to get him to see that it was ok. He was just so persistent.

He smiled a bright smile causing his green eyes to turn an almost hazel color and for his graying blond hair to look as if it was shining, "Thanks son. I'll do you proud."

"Of course, father," I turned back to the house and placed the bread on the kitchen table taking the small staircase to his room.

I bent down by his bed finding a box and pulled it out, there were essentials in it such as knickknacks and personal items but what stopped me was a picture. A picture of a beautiful woman, the mast beautiful woman I have ever seen, with straight black hair and stunning blue eyes, a pale completion and warm smile, she looked like an angel. I mean, my father always said that I looked exactly like my mother, especially her eyes. But did they really look like that? So blue as if they were crystal like the sky?

I knew that I probably shouldn't but I folded the picture and put it in my pocket, I wanted to keep this picture to always remind me of the horrible people in the world and of what they did to her.

I found the tool box and my father was able to finish the Death. He would be leaving tomorrow so I was packing him some of the bread that I got yesterday and some water in a canister. All there was left to do was wait till tomorrow.

***Dream (takes place when Ciel is seven) ***

I was woken up to a sweet voice, "Ciel . . . sweetie it's time to get up."

I groaned, "Not now mommy."

The voice laughed, "Come on it's time to wake up. I made breakfast," she bribed.

That was all it took for me to sit up smiling, "Okay mommy!" I said excitedly. I walked downstairs following her to find a table full of the most delicious food that I had ever seen; pancakes, pies, and all different types of meats say on the table almost overflowing onto the ground.

I gasped and looked at mommy wide-eyed. She nodded encouragingly, I looked back at the food and then at mommy, something felt off but I didn't know what. Shrugging I dashed to the table sitting down awaiting the meal to come.

A plate full of all the food appeared in front of me and I was about to take a bite when the food turned to sand and sank to the ground, everything got dark and I looked around trying to find mommy but I couldn't see anything, "Mommy?" I called out.

I heard a scream coming from outside and I followed it rushing to the front porch. All I could see where angry flames everywhere and evil faces smiling in them, another scream brought my attention away from the faces and I saw mommy.

She was burning, I tried to get to her, but something held me back -besides the flames- I turned to see my father holding me back with tears in his eyes, I looked at him pleading with my eyes to do something to help her, he just shook his head, "There's soothing we can do."

I cried as we too became envelope into the flames forever burning.

***End Dream***

I shot up from my bed sweat pouring down my face and back soaking the sheets, "Ciel are you okay? I was trying to wake you up, when you started to thrash around. Are you have bad dreams again?" my father's voice brought me to his attention.

I sighed, "It was nothing, is it time for you to go?"

He looked as if he didn't believe me but didn't say anything about it, "Yes, I was going to tell you I was leaving."

I got out of bed, "I'll help you saddle Genevieve."

He nodded leaving the room. Genevieve was our thoroughbred; she had an off white shiny coat, with a black mane and tail that clashed perfectly with her body. All in all she was a really pretty horse, a good one at that too, worth lots of money with the way father and I took care of her. She was also very smart, so if I was to trust anyone with father it would be her.

Making my way to the stables I got her ready and pulled her reins taking her to my father, "Here you go father, she's all ready."

He hooked Genevieve up to the cart that held the Death, and once he was done making sure it was secure he looked at me, "Alrighty then, Ciel. I'll see you in a couple of days alright?" he gave me a hug and I nodded looking up at him as he mounted Genevieve.

"Bye father. I love you," I told him waving as he started down the road Genevieve pulling the cart that held the Death in it behind them.

He turned enough to wave at me "By Ciel, I'll be back soon! I love you too!" he called.

I watched him travel down the path until I couldn't see him anymore and then turned to go back into t he house when I ran into something hard. I stumbled, but strong hands shot out and steadied me. Oh god! Please don't tell me that's who I think it is!

"You're nutty father leaving Ciel?" the devils span asked.

"Robert," I growled out at him, "My father's not wacky."

"Whatever floats you boat Ciel, whatever floats your boat," he smirked at me smugly.

I glared at him, I really didn't have the time or patience for him today, "I have a lot of work to do so I would appreciate it if you would leave me alone."

"Oh yeah? And why would I do that?" he questioned raising an eyebrow.

I walked away from him determined to lock myself in the house until he went away and that's exactly what I did. Reaching the front door I slammed it in his face locking it quickly.

"Ciel . . . " I heard him sigh from the other side of the door, "Open the door. Ciel? I'm not playing, open the door now!" his voice raised and I became frightened as he rattled the door handle.

"Damn it Ciel!" I heard him curse as he kicked the door and then walked off grumbling. I looked out the peep-hole to make sure he was really gone and sighed in relief when I didn't see him. I really need to stop escaping him this way it was bound to ruin a door sooner or later, more likely the latter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The second chapter!!!! Yay!!!! vote/and or comment!

-thebluewritingtiger3