Chapter 4

So here's the next chapter :)  Hope you like!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

Jonathan’s P.O.V (Ciel’s Dad)

I ran for my life not knowing where I was going. All I could see was a blur of white and hear the growls behind me gaining in distance.

Wait! I squinted looking into the frosty air and saw something that resembled . . . a gate? If I could just make it there I would be saved. Just make it to the gate; just make it to the gate I chanted to myself. Do it for Ciel!

With that I flung myself on the iron gate that happened to be as tall a giraffe and felt my hear soar when it was unlocked. I turned around and slammed it shut locking it as fast as I could. Stepping away I tripped but got back up still staring at the gate and the insistent wolves desperately trying to get through.

I turned around and then came to a complete stop.

Right in front of me was a manor, no a castle. It looked to be uninhabited and old despite the only thing growing; blood-red roses. Though how they were growing in this harsh weather was beyond me.

I walked up to it staring in awe as the torn curtains of the open windows billowed out in the harsh winter wind. I thought I saw a figure move in the window of the highest tower, but then again I just witnessed a horrific event I wouldn’t be surprised if I started seeing things now.

“It was probably nothing.” I told myself.

This time walking faster I made my way to the steps and ascended them. I paused at the door and wondered if I should knock first.

“Maybe older persons live here and they’re just too old to clean the place up.” Yeah I’ll go with that.

I took the big gargoyle styled knocker in my cold spent hands and brought it down-

Once.

Twice.

And then a third time.

I waited, listening attentively. Nothing. Absolutely nothing, not even the sound of footsteps or a ‘who is it?’.

I was about to just give up and open the door–anything to get away from the cold–when the door opened ever so slightly creaking as if it had been ages since someone dared open it.

I pushed it all the way until I could see the inside but what greeted me was not what I was expecting. Just like when I knocked it seemed that no one was there and the place looked just as bare and desolate as the outside. I took a cautious step forward then stopped when I heard a scuttling sound coming from behind me and the door shut with a not-so-soft click.

“Hello?” I queried, “Is anyone there?”

I heard the scuttling again and turned towards the sound, there were no signs of life anywhere.

“Maybe this place is haunted,” I muttered to myself.

“Oh contraire,” I whipped around so fast that I was seeing stars and amidst those stars was a tall long faced man who looked to be in a butlers uniform holding a candelabra.

I sighed, “You scared me.”

“I apologize, sir, my name is Lumière. I am a faithful servant of this manor you have stumbled upon.” He told me in a French accent.

“No it’s alright, I should be apologizing for coming in without permission. The door was open, and it was cold, and . . . ” I trailed off not really having a good excuse.

“Oh no, sir you are not intruding-” he started.

“Of course he is intruding! What would the Master think if he saw him in his manor?!” another man came from behind a door that led who knows where interrupting Lumière. He was short and pudgy; the complete opposite of Lumière.

“Ah, this is Frank Coggsworth, Masters personal butler.”

Lumière turned to Coggsworth, “Coggsworth, this is . . . uh . . .” he paused and then looked at me, “I am sincirely sorry sir, but I have forgotten to ask of your name.”

“It’s Jonathan,” I replied and when he just looked at me I realized he was looking for a last name, “Oh, yes, it’s Jonathan Young.”

He looked pleased and then continued what he was saying, “This is sir Young, he looks awfully cold and tired, don’t you think he could stay for a while?”

“No!” Coggsworth yelled his face turning red.

“Ah sir, excuse us for a moment,” Lumière gave me an apologetic look.

He took Coogswork a couple yards away and they began a heated whisper argument. I tried listening in but all I could make out were the words ‘Master’ and ‘trouble’. Oh yeah and ‘no’, that was meantained quite a lot. From their facial expressions it looked almost as if Lumière was loseing with his in a pleading stance and Coggsworths in an angry, set one.

Then as if it being a miracle Coggsworth nodded his jaw tight and Lumière smiled as he Coggsworth left the room clearly frustrated.

Lumière turned to me still smiling, “Come sir Young, you are to feast. May I say if I’m permitted that you look rather swallow; almost like you haven’t eating a good meal in a while.”

I could feel my face heating in embarressment as I followed him down the hall and into double doors. It was no secret that I was poor you could see it in my gaunt face, and skinny figure, not to meantain the fact that I wasn’t in the best of clothing.

When the doors opened I was left to stare once again, “This place is just full of surprises.”

Lumière chuckled as I gaped at a table that seemed to go on forever that was filled with what looked like every variety of delicious food out there. It was nothing like the outside or the first room like I thought it was going to be. It was so much better and for a second I was almost sure that I had gone mad.

“Is this all for me?” I aked amazed.

“Of course masseur all the food that you could ever eat.”

***A Few Hours Later***

This place was too good to be true.

After I had eating until I could barely walk I was escorted to a room with a fireplace and a comfortable chair with swirly designs imbedded in it.

So here I was snuggled up in the warmest blanket that I have ever felt drinking hot choco just relaxing.

“Are you enjoying your stay?” I was jolted from my enjoyment by Lumière’s voice.

I sighed, “You scared me again Lumière.”

“My deepest apologies sir Young,” he inclined his head in a respectful manor, “I think it is time that you be heading off to bed, you’ll need a good nights rest if you plan on continuing your journey in the morning.”

“What about my horse?” I wondered.

“I have sent someone to retrive her, she will be ready as soon as you wake and eat your morning meal. No off to bed with you.” He shooed me

I agreed about to walk out of the room but stopped at hearing a sound that seemed to come from my deepest darkest nightmares, a ferocious growl that almost resembled the sound of pain and death–I would know–shook the castle. I stooded up with wide eyes and then questioning ones at Lumière.

“It seems that the Master has returned.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there you go :)       Vote/Comment

-thebluewritingtiger3