Chapter 19

As promised here is chapter 19! I've started on chapter 20 so that should be up soon too :) There's something that happens in this chapter that I think will make you like Aiden a little bit more . . . if you don't like him :/

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

Ciel’s P.O.V.

The days have been slow lately, most likely because I’ve been in bed the entire mind bored out of my mind. Jake would come and visit every day and sometimes Aiden came to check up on me.

Every time he was here it was awkward and we mostly only exchanged a few words here and there. I was also confused as to why he came. I wasn’t important, I was just a prisoner, that that I minded that much. I did miss my father, I missed him so much, but I’m glad that he’s safe. I’d rather it be me here than him, he’s too old compared to me, young with plenty of years to spare.

I looked up when I heard a knock at the door, “Come in,” I called loud enough for them to hear.

I was surprised when Aiden walked in, I saw him yesterday but that was only for a brief moment and like it always was the awkward tension was kind of uncomfortable, that is-what I assumed-why he left so soon.

“Uh, hi?” it was meant to be a statement but ended up coming out as a question. I guess what I was really asking is ‘why are you here?’. I still haven’t forgiven him for how he reacted the other day . . . actually every day. He always found something wrong with the situation and it was starting to get on my nerves.

“You’re looking better,” he commented they way he said it made me feel that he was hinting at something.

 Narrowed my eyes at him as he came to stand at the foot of my bed crossing his arms over his chest-something I found he does often.

“Yes, I can walk now, and my side doesn’t hurt that bad unless I bump it or something,” I told him hoping that he would get to the point and tell me while he was here.

“Good, good,” he nodded.

When he didn’t say anything else I started to glance around the room waiting for him to finally get uncomfortable enough with the awkwardness to just walk back out the door and leave me alone.

After about five very long minutes I couldn’t take it anymore, “Can I help you?” I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

He looked like he wanted to glare at me but for some reason-that I’m not sure of-I’m guessing he resisted the urge and actually answered me, “You will begin your training tomorrow, and resume your duties in three days,” he told me.

I resisted the urge to point out that he said ‘duties’ again and groaned, “Do I have to?”

And then you want to know what happened next? Do you? You’ll never believe this but he smiled, actually smiled. Not in a creepy ‘I’m-going-to-rape-you’ way, or a ‘I-win-you-lose’ smirk, it was an actual genuine smile.

“You’re scaring me,” I told him with wide, horrified eyes.

His smile dropped and his eyebrows furrowed, “What? Why?”

“You-you were . . . actually . . . s-smiling! And you’re asking why!?” I couldn’t believe him! Did he lose a few brain cells these past few days?