Dancer

Your Point Of View

'Only those with skin as thick as elephant hide can hope to sail through their teens unscathed by self-doubt and bouts of it'

Working out wasn't something I would usually do but Dr Conway recommended, saying it helps with the brain.

After completing an hour, I immediately grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat that was on me.

Making my way to my gym locker, I hear music playing next door. I walked and looked to see what was going on only to see a girl dancing in front of a mirror  wall.

Every beat that was made, she transform in to something. When the song was over, she stops and looks at the mirror then turns around to see me.

"You're not one of the usual people who take this class" she looks at me "You new here?"

I looked at her and stayed quiet.

"Oh I see" she realizes "You're shy aren't you? That's okay its not always easy to talk to someone new but eventually you'll get comfortable."  I looked at her as she smiles at me. "I'm Normani by the way. "

I nod my head as she walked over to stop the music playing and grab a towel, wiping her forehead.

"So are you interested in dance?" she asks me as I looked around the room.

I stayed silent and she hummed. "Guess not by the look of confusion on your face. You look like someone who'd play music instead of dancing to it."

"Normani, talking to yourself again or afraid you might make a fall when I win the dance competition." A girl walks in and tells Normani.

"Back off, Ashley I was talking to a friend." Normani referring to me and pulls me next to her.

"Well well for a moment I thought you were just a nobody."

"Shut up, Ashley. Shouldn't you be in your locker room, you know we are not allowed to spy on others during their practice." Normani crosses her arms while looking at her.

Ashley rolls her eyes "Excuse me. Enjoy your time with your toy." she finally leaves the room.

"Just ignore her," Normani tells me "She likes to start drama."

I continued to look at Normani as she stared at me amused.

"So what's your name?" She asked.

"There you are, Y/N." I turn around to see Mrs Fletcher "You left this behind." she hands me my small bag then leaves.

"That's a beautiful name." I look back at Normani who gives me a small smile "Normally I don't let people stick around but you, I'll make an exception."

A few minutes later

"Stop the music now, Y/N." Normani tells me after finishing her dance and wipes the sweat off. "Never worked really hard in a dance like that before." she looks at me.

I changed the genre and the music began to play slow.

I get off from the stool and made my way to her, offering her my hand to take.

She looks at me curiously and held my hand. I lifted our hands and placed another hand on her waist.

"So you can dance." She said cheekily and I ignored her, leading us around the room. We swayed around for a while and  I'd twirl her around every now and then.

After the song ended, we pulled away and Normani grinned at me.

9:56 pm

"Lock up the gym alright. Last time it was open, someone stole some lifters."

Ashley rolls her eyes "Whatever Bye Jim."

Jim sighs before leaving the gym building. Once he was gone, Ashley was all alone.

"Finally some peace and quiet. No more sweaty fat people." She gets off from the desk, walking in to a room.

What she didn't know, footsteps following behind her.

As she was in the room she was talking to someone on the phone.
"Got the whole place to myself. Don't worry he's not going to find out I got that under control. The front door is open and when you get inside, meet me in the janitor's room I got a surprise for you." she smirks.

After talking on the phone, she prepares herself by putting on a little lip gloss and began to curl her hair.

As she was doing that, she hears footsteps walking by. She quickly puts the curly iron down and adjusted herself, quickly taking off her underwear and threw them across the room.

Suddenly the lights came off..

"Great. Jim forgot about the bill." she gets up, unable to see where she was going.

Finally she finds the light switch, right when she was about to double check. The door swung open causing her to hit her head and fall down.

Next thing she knew she was lifted up and was laid down.

She was unconscious, just like she should be as I dragged in her dead boyfriend and placed him next to her. 

-Flashback-

He was walking inside, calling for her but got no response. He looked around until he heard something fall down.

He turned around "Who's ther--" Cut off when something was shot through his throat, making him gasp and spitting blood out before falling down and died shortly after.

-Flashback ended-

I watched her and I noticed her regaining conscious. I put the bag on her face before grabbing the heated curly iron, spreading her legs.

"We're all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out. We scratch and we claw, but only at the air, only at each other, and for all of it, we never budge an inch."

When I heard her moan it was time.

I slid the curly iron all the way in her quickly immediately making her scream and her arms rose up.

I hovered her face with the bag as she continued to scream while the curly iron was still in her, making me laugh at her attempts of trying to stop me.

Trust me, they all tried..