Singer

Your Point Of View

We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and read just the way you thought of things.

"Improvement in you so far." Dr Conway tells me as I was going through some tests he had lined up for me. "Have you taken your prescription?"

I nod my head as I looked down.

"I guess it has some effect but not all the way." he writes down "Okay that will be all for today." he leads me out of his office and in to the hallway "We shall continue next week and take care of yourself, Y/N we're getting close."

After talking with Dr Conway, I walk to the receptionist in order to collect my prescription.

"Y/N, is everything going well for you?" Nancy the receptionist asks me as she got my prescription ready.

I nod my head, quietly as I looked at her.

"Normally I don't talk to the patients but I'm very fascinated by you." she tells me as she placed her hand on mine. "Come with me this evening. There's a performance going on and a student there, I heard she's really good."

I nod my head at her before leaving with my prescription.

Later that night

"So yeah just sit here." Nancy said and I sat down next to her.

We watched as a girl walked up to the front. She had blond hair and she was...pretty.

"Hey guys, I'm going to be singing Amazing Grace." She said and everyone nodded.

I stared at her as she sang. She had a good voice. When she was done and she did a little bow.

"I'm Dinah Jane by the way and as you guys can tell, I sing." She said and walked towards her seat. She sat in front of me so she noticed me staring at me.

"Hi!" She said gleefully and I just stared.

"This is Y/N." Nancy spoke for me and I just nodded mutely. "She doesn't talk." Dinah oohed and looked at me.

"Well, I'm hungry and am not really into church, wanna go grab some food from outside?" She asked and I looked at Nancy who just shrugged.

I shrugged and nodded at Dinah who grinned.

Moments later

"You enjoying the food, Y/N?" Dinah asked me as she took a sip of her smoothie.

I nod my head as I took a bite of my food, not sure how to feel right now.  

"So Y/N, are you interested in something?" she asks me as she wipes the corner of her mouth.

I nod my head slowly, now feeling nervous about what was going on.  I reached for the back of my pocket, taking out a small notepad and hand it to her.

I watched her open it and as she was reading it, I noticed how her expression changed after reading each line of what was written.

When she was done, she looks at me with little tears in her eyes "You're very detailed and very personal about things. It's really good very good."

I nod my head at her, she hands me back my notepad.

She was about to tell me something until someone not far from us, yells for her.

"Dinah!!!" He goes up to us and grabs her by the arm.

"How the hell did you find me! I told you to fuck off!!!"

He scoffs "Wait until your mother hears about this," he forces her up then notices me "Another one? Dinah is not gay, alright!"

I stared at him, not saying anything.

"Stop it, David! Leave her alone!" Dinah yells at him.

He pushes her away and grabs me by the collar of my shirt "I'm going to tell you this once and only once. You stay away from Dinah! If I find you with her, all hell will break loose!" 

"Let her go, David!" Dinah tries to pull him off.

He looked at me one last time before letting me go then looks at Dinah. "Say goodbye to your date, Dinah. I'll be waiting in the car." he then walks out.

After he left, I looked at Dinah who sighs after what happened.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." she tells me while I stared at her . "I promise I'll make it up to you."

11:11 pm

"Yeah, I'll take care of it. " David talks to someone on the phone "Don't worry, alright."

After hanging up, David walks in to a room and grabs a shovel and light before leaving to the graveyard.

A few minutes had gone by, he was still walking to the place they told him to go. When he arrived, he sees the casket and began to dig in order to make a hole for it.

Fog began to blow up and howls came out of nowhere as he continued to dig.

Then a twig snapped, making him turn around.

"Who's there?" He asked as he looked around.

Then bang.

A hard hit to the head, making him fall on the casket.

He grunts after getting hit in the head. He turns around, only to get hit repeatedly.

Nothing but blood falling down.

I put him down aside, opening the casket and looked at the hole that was made.

I smirked, grabbing him and threw him inside the casket.

I got a good look at him,  and slammed the casket shut before pushing it in the hole.

Suddenly rain began to pour down

I got the shovel and began to put the leftover dirt back in to the hole. I could hear the sound of him screaming and begging to let him out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that… he is gone."