Flowers

2 weeks later

You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty.

Your Point Of View

I remove my shirt and saw myself on the mirror, reminding me of everything. I stared at myself for a moment, listening to a familiar sound that has been repeating in my head for a long time causing me to grip on my shirt very tightly and seeing my veins popping out. After a while, I let go of my shirt and relaxed.
I took a deep breath before putting on the shirt for today.

I look down at it. Haven't worn this in a long time just like I haven't been over there to see him. He must be disappointed in me.

Once I was finished, I look at the mirror again and I was reminded of that day. It's been years since it.

Flashback

"I am sorry, my child." Pastor puts his hand on my shoulder before walking to greet the other guests that have arrived.

I look down at him with his hands together, he was relaxed like he's never been, a little paler and finally he got the peace and quiet he wanted. When I held his hand, I felt nothing but I respected him. I place the rose with him, a full red rose just like he always got.

"Oh dear Y/N," one of the guests approaches me, putting her hand on my shoulder and rubs it softly "I am so sorry. I never knew him that well but he was a gentleman at my shop and spoke very highly of you. He always told me He loved you very much and there was nothing that could change how he felt about you."

I continued to stare at him and not say anything to the guest. I could hear her sigh and walk away from me and him. The sound of the piano began to play meaning the funeral is about to start. I looked at him one last time before backing away and taking my seat. I didn't bother to look up even when the pastor was speaking from the bible. Nothing.

Flashback Ended

I look down before grabbing an umbrella as today's weather wasn't so great. I walk up to the front door and left my home.

Like every year on this day, I stop by the little flower shop where I was greeted by the one of the owners and his daughter.

"Y/N, long time since you've been here. What can I do for you?" He smiles "I assume the usual set of red roses." He heads to the back to pick them up.

"Hi Y/N, how are you?" The owner's daughter smiles at me.

All I did was wave hello.  I didn't bother to pay attention to her and waited until her father returned with the roses.

"Here we are," her father hands me the roses "Don't worry about paying, Y/N they're on the house."

"You sure that's enough roses for Y/N to be holding, dad?" His daughter commented.

"Now honey, it's what Y/N wanted and this is what they always got especially this time of year," He tells his daughter and gave me a sincere look "I hope you have a good day now, Y/N."

I nod my head at him before leaving with the roses to head to where I needed to be. It didn't take long to get there.

I walked pasted different stones with different names until I finally reached the one I was looking for.

I set the roses down for him and stared at his stone. From the day he was born to the day he died. I will never forget what happened. He was good.

I felt my mouth tremble a bit but stopped it immediately.  I didn't bother to keep my umbrella on me and let myself get wet from the rain.
I close my eyes and I remembered his smile, a smile that would give you life, a smile that you could trust. I remembered him carrying me and I looked at his eyes while he was feeding me.  I remembered him being here alive and well.