Chapter 4.

Carrie Underwood as Brittni Joshie!!!

Chapter 4.

When we arrived at the hospital Dr. Hydrant, told me my nose was definitely broken. He had to snap it back in place and I have to wear a bandage type thing over the arch. I still can't believe that happened. I officially loath Colten Mathews. Yes, loath. He's going to pay.

I called Brittni telling her my nose was broken. Jackson texted Colten telling him the same. The entire time, Jackson was pissing his pants over this shit with Colten. Don't worry I'll get him back, back good. Maybe.

"I'm going to go get the car. Be right back." Jackson left to go get his car and it was just me and Adam. His presence was beyond comforting. I don't know why.

"So that talk didn't happen." I can tell that he forced his smile. "I'm just glad your okay." He sits on the end of the hospital bed. I smile at him.

"What did you want to say?" I asked him. I already know what he wanted to talk about it but I wanted to know what he wanted to say also. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm sorry, this summer I wasn't thinking. Ever since the first day I met you in eighth grade I knew I wanted you to be mine. I was so excited that you were finally. I blew it, I get that. I really do. I left because my...grandpa was sick.

"I went down to see him. I'm sorry I didn't just tell you the truth. It's just I wanted to see you happy not upset. I never meant to hurt you. Believe me, please." he begs for forgiveness. It all makes sense now. I know that he's not lying by the look in his eyes. I never thought that Adam would tell me this. Then again I never thought that I would be talking to him again.

I sighed and looked down.

"I forgive you." I admit. I do, the fact that he came to me and told me everything, made me feel like he really did love me. His smile turned into a massive grin. I couldn't help but smile back. He got up and leaned over to give me a soft peck on my forehead. His lips were soft and warm against my suddenly cold skin.

Right as Adam pulled away Jackson came back in. "Let's go." he said and helped me up.

I got dressed quickly, trying very hard not to touch my nose. We finally walked out of that damned hospital and out to Jackson's car.

We drive in complete silence. When we do eventually arrive at home an unfamiliar car is parked in the driveway. I don't know whose it is, though. I'm sure I would remember if I had seen it before.

"Whose car?" I ask Jackson.

"Colten's." he sighs. I felt my heart drop. Oh god. He's here. Why? So he can torture me some more? I don't think so, mate!

Adam comes around to the back door and opens it for me. I step out and we head up to the house together. With Jackson of course.

When we walked in Colten was on the couch and when he heard the door open he jumped up. "Nikki." he gasped in relief. Making sure I wasn't dead, I'm sure.

Colten's POV.

I didn't mean to hit Nikki with the football. I swear. I tried telling Jackson but he won't listen. I know he's upset that I broke his baby sister's nose, but I said I was sorry a hundred times at least.

I sat watching tv at the Long's house waiting for them to get back from the hospital.

I heard the door open and I hopped up.

"Nikki." I gasped. Making sure that I didn't do to much damage to her pretty face. What the fuck? Did I just say that? Oops. I mean sure she's pretty, really pretty, but I can't exactly tell her that. Jackson will be off with my head if I do.

She had a confused yet deviled look on her face. Probably because I fucking broke her nose. What the hell was wrong with me? Why did I have to throw that damn ass ball? I don't know. Not thinking as usual.

"Don't go near her." Jackson snapped as I walked towards them. My steps stop immediately. The anger in his eyes is scary as hell. I've never seen him that angry. Not even when I broke his favorite signed football trophy.

"Jackson..." I choke out. He held up his hand.

"Save the explanation Colten." he said his eyes burning with fury. Holy hell what have I done? "You already broke my little sister's nose." he says and walks to the kitchen.

I take a good look at Nikki and she's giving me the death stare. Man I'm definitely gonna get killed tonight in my sleep.

When our gaze breaks I notice Adam is standing right next to Nikki. What the hell is this? Jackson actually let him be around her? Douche bag, I think towards Adam as I walk into the kitchen where Jackson is sitting at the breakfast bar.

"You went too far." Jackson slowly responded. I know that. I am an idiot, and an asshole, a douche bag and every other name on the earth.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen." I sighed. He turned slightly to face me. He had dark circles under his eyes.

"But it did." he snapped. Well... "You've always pulled pranks on her, but this is too far. You broke her fucking nose!"

"I know." I say calmly, letting him get all his anger out.

"You mess with her all the fucking time! It has to stop! You went way too far!" He yells at me and takes a step toward me.

"Jackson, I'm not and idiot I know." I calmly say, again.

"It can't happen again, or your out." he looks down. What does he mean "your out" what the hell.

"What?" I say confused as hell.

"If you can't stop torturing her than you can't come here anymore." he says much more slowly and clearly. I nod. "Thanks." he says and pats my back before walking up the stairs. Damn. I can't lose his friendship. I can't.

Like and comment :)