Chapter 46.

Chapter 46.

Colten's POV.

I cannot believe that just happened. I never thought she would and could be so cold. Okay, I knew that she was pissed but pissed enough to cuss me out and say she 'hopes I rot in hell', Wasn't expecting that.

I've been standing in this God forbidden parking lot for ten minutes, on my knees. I have to get her back. How? I have no fucking clue. All I know is I will. If it's the last thing I do.

I need to keep to that.

Nikki's POV.

I hadn't even felt anything that Colten said as Brittni drove me back to my house.

All I could think about was his distraught face, though. Even though I didn't get affected by his sweet words doesn't mean I didn't feel pain when he slowly crumpled to the ground in front of me. All I wanted to do was run over to him and hug him, kiss his soft luscious lips. But I can't, and I know this.

That's how I fell asleep that night, I fell asleep thinking about how we got to this. How I got myself in this mess. Everything. Everything is a mess. And I'm afraid it will always be.

It's now a Friday and things have been getting better. Yesterday wasn't really that good, I mean I tried my best to stay as far away from Colten as possible which worked, up until lunch. I may have accidentally ran into him and spilt my nachos on his varsity jacket. Smooth, I know.

It was a total cliche moment if you ask me. The one time you try to avoid that person you end up spilling your lunch on him.

I didn't do much either, I quickly apologized before running off. Probably should work on that but I couldn't look at him or help him, then he would think we're friends and we aren't. Anyone with eyes could see that.

"Let's go!" Jackson calls for me. I grab my bag and phone, taking one last glance in the mirror before slipping down the steps. "Finally."

Jackson said that he was going to drive both Brittni and I to school today, I didn't understand why when Brittni has a car, but I didn't argue.

Just so you're wondering, Brittni got her license in November, she turned sixteen a week before she got them, so yes, in a way she's older than me. Just wanted to clean that up.

"Good morning to you too." I mutter. We both head out the front door to his truck. I, of course, have to take the back seat. I swear no matter what car I'm in, I'll always be in the back. Stupid couples. Stupid boys.

We pull up to Brittni's house and she runs out in leggings and a grey hoodie, her hair is up in a messy bun and I can already tell she woke up late.

"Sorry, woke up late. Hey Nikki." She waves to me and I greet her back. See told you I know my best friend.

The car ride was boring, Brittni and Jackson just talked about 'couply' stuff while I stared at the scenery. We pulled up in front of the school, and the first thing I thought was, I hate school.

***

It's now the end of the day and the parking lot is surprisingly empty. No one in sight. Which is weird because it's Friday, everyone usually is out as soon as the bell goes off conversing with each other.

Another odd thing is I don't see Brittni and Jackson making out at his car. I'm so out of the loop.

"Nikki, oh thank god. Come with me." Brittni rushes up to me grabbing my wrist. I stop in my tracks and she stumbles back a few steps.

"Want to tell me what the hell is going on, first?" I ask with my eyes narrowed. I want to know where everyone is.

"Just trust me." She pleads with me. I stare at her for a long moment before sighing.