Chapter 41.

Chapter 41.

The day goes by in a blur. Although, I have to go to detention right now, I couldn't be happier. I don't want to go home and see Jackson. I don't want to go home and think of all the things that involve Colten.

I know that the way I'm acting you would probably think we broke up. But honestly that's what it feels like. He wasn't here at school, maybe he just needs time to think.

It's not abnormal to get in fights, but for some reason I feel like our fights are always more serious.

"Nikki Long." I tell Mr. Shields, he is the teacher that runs detention, my name. He nods while writing down my name. I take a seat at the back of the room. Waiting a couple more minutes more people start showing up, including Angelique.

"You can listen to music. Although, you must be working. This is the time to study, do homework, read, or work on anything else you want. Clear?"

"Yes." Everybody agrees.

For the next hour and a half I work on my homework. Listening to every song on my playlist. From Bon Iver to The Middle East, I listen to every song. Luckily by the time detention is about to end I finished all of my homework. Not that I would be doing anything tonight.

"Okay, detention is over. You're free to go." Mr. Shields says and we all start to pack up. I then remember that Brittni drove me to school today.

"Dammit." I mutter. I dial her number but she doesn't pick up. Well, what am I supposed to do?

"Do you need a ride?" A husky voice says from behind me. I turn to see Dustin.

"Why are you here?"

"I had to stay and retake a few tests and quizzes. Trying to bring my grade up." He explains. Oh. That makes a lot more sense.

"Oh, that's cool."

"So, do you need a ride?" He asks with a slight smirk.

"Sure, that would be great." I smile and he smiles back.

"My car is just right over here." He says nodding his head towards his car.

"This is your car?" I question astonished. His car is a red mustang. To be perfectly honest it's probably one of the newest versions out there.

"Yea, you like?" He smiles while I admire his car.

"Like? More like love." I squeak. The car is amazing. Walking around the car to the passenger side, I admire everything about it. The red glossy paint. The tinted windows and the silver mufflers in the back.

"Good. It took a while to save up for."

"I'm sure." Still stunned at the car. Dustin chuckles before hopping into the car. I do the same. I plop down in the fitted leather seat and I admire the inside as well. The seats are black leather, and the steering wheel is black leather as well.

Dustin starts the car and we start to drive out of the parking lot.

"So you like mustangs?" I ask Dustin as we turn onto the main road.

"Yes. Ever since I was little I would help my grandpa fix up his mustangs. I kind of just loved them since then." He explains.

"That's so cute. My brothers' always liked mustangs. But he can't afford one so he has a truck right now." I laugh.

"Oh yea, Jackson drools over my car all the time." He chuckles. "How are you guys?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Colten was his best friend and you're dating him. How is jackson? How did he take it?"

"Oh, he's pissed. He'll never let it go. Jackson and I just don't agree. I mean he's very overprotective so, he's just...I don't know." I groan. Even thinking about Jackson gives me a headache.

"I understand. He warned all of us to stay away from you. I guess Colten really didn't care."

"Probably did it just to piss him off." We both laugh.

"And that fight with you and Angelique, she totally got what she deserved." He agrees with my logic. See I don't stand alone in this. Now I know that it's not just me who thinks she's a skank just looking for attention.

"She likes to talk shit. Someone had to shut her up. I don't know how guys like her." I shake my head in disbelief. I know all guys care about is the sex. But honestly why with her? She's easy. That's the answer for anything and everything.

"I agree." I smile at his words. She totally deserved it.

A few seconds later we pull up in my driveway, and I knew that Brittni's car would be here. That's why she didn't answer her phone, which I knew. It's just gross to think about. I mean she's been my best friend since kindergarten and the fact that Jackson can date my best friend but I can't date his, is just so annoying.

"Thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it." I thank him.

"Of course, just call me if you ever need a ride." He smirks.

"Will do. I better go." I look down.

"Right. See you tomorrow."

"Bye." He says goodbye after I do, and I walk into the house. Brittni and Jackson are sitting on the couch watching a movie. Looks like Scary Movie. But I can't determine which one.

"Your home." Brittni squeaks and runs up to me giving me a hug. "Sorry I didn't answer your call."

"Don't worry...I'm sure you were busy." I say with disgust directed towards my brother.

"Still in a bitchy mood I see." Jackson smirks. Not moving from the couch.

"Still being hypocritical I see." I smirk. His smirk turns into a glare and I smile with satisfaction.

"Anyways...some of the girls from the cheer team or going to Armando's for dinner and to catch up. So you want to come?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Let me rephrase that, let's go get you ready, your coming." She smiles before dragging me up the stairs.

***
An hour later were both dressed and ready to meet the girls at Armando's. Armando's is a small Italian restaurant that our team usually meets at outside of school. It's a really good restaurant.

"Ready?" Brittni asks.

"I think so." I say smoothing out my skirt.

Brittni and I walk out to her car and drive twenty minutes to Armando's. The car ride is silent with just the radio playing 4am by Melanie Fiona. Really good song by the way.

Once we pull up into the parking lot of the restaurant, we both walk up to the door.

The girls are sitting at one big table in the back of the room.

"You guys made it!" Zoey squeaks.

"Yea." Brittni and I say at the same time making everybody laugh.

After ordering our drinks I start a conversation with Stacy and Chelsea.

"I know. I thought it was so funny." Stacy laughs along with Chelsea.

"It really was." Chelsea laughs again.

"She deserved it. Don't you think?" I ask the girls while sipping my drink.

"Totally! She's such a bitch, if you wouldn't have done it, I would've." We all laugh.

The bell above the door rings and we all look over to see no other than the man of the hour. Colten, with James, Christina, Tristan, Liam, and Logan. I am in complete shock. Colten and I lock eyes, I feel my heart rate pick up and anger flare inside of me.

What do I do now?

I know it's boring. But as you can tell the next chapter should be interesting. Thank you all for the feedback and all the votes. I really appreciate it. I'm just happy you like my book. It means a lot, to know that I'm doing something right.

Like and comment :)