Chapter 43.

Chapter 43.

I haven't cried this much since the last time Colten and I broke up.

Brittni is by my side as we lay on my bed while I cry. I cry for Colten, for our relationship and so much more. I don't know how we got to this point but either way we're here now.

I cry and cry until I can't cry anymore. Jackson asked what was wrong when I walked into the house but I didn't answer him. If he found out what happened it would just be worse for Colten. And although I'm so damn mad at him right now I'm trying to protect him from my brother's wrath. Though, he doesn't deserve it.

I know what you're thinking, that I'll just go running back to him. Well guess what? I'm finished with him. I'm sick of his bipolar attitude. One minutes he's this sweet caring guy that says he loves me. And then just like that he's cold as ice. Calling me a bitch and not talking to me.

It's stupid I'm even crying over him but I can't help it. I tried giving him all I had but he didn't want it. Therefore I will not wait on him any longer. It's been three months dealing with all of his mixed signals and I'm sick and tired of it.

I don't remember falling asleep last night but when I wake up to the gloomy morning, matching exactly how I feel, my face is dry with tears and my throat is dry as well. I turn onto my side only to be met with Brittni's back.

Poor Brittni listening to me cry all night. She must be exhausted. She's such a good friend and I love her for that.

Crawling out of bed I start to head to the bathroom. Right when I step through the door I look into the mirror, my face is red and blotchy while my eyes are bloodshot. I look horrible.

I turn on the faucet in the shower and wait for it to get warm before hopping in. I grab my luffa and put my grape scented body wash on it. I scrub my body thoroughly before washing my hair. I stay in a few extra minutes thinking about how my life took a turn for the worse.

At the beginning of the year Colten and I couldn't even stand each other. He broke my nose with a football on the first day of school and for the first time ever he apologized. I believe that's where it all started. When Jackson gave Colten that firm talking to.

At the time I was just getting things back on track with Adam. Then a few days later Colten walked in on Adam and I almost having sex. Which ignited many problems. Jackson and Colten began to babysit me like I was some two year old.

Then that night came. The night where Jackson said he was going to James's house but in reality it was Brittni's, that's why she couldn't come over. Colten tried to kiss me. Luckily he didn't.

Then after the first football game we threw a party and I got a little drunk and made out with Dustin, on top of that Colten and I made out in my backyard and also found Brittni in Jackson's bed.

Another thing is when I asked Colten what 'we' were he and said nothing. We went to yet another party and after Colten and I made love and he left. That happened again before I went over to his house and he told me he loved me.

We went on our first date the next day where we officially became a thing and then things kind of just fell into place. Until Angelique happened. That little bitch, I still hate her for it.

So Colten and I have had a rocky relationship but I wouldn't have it any other way. Although we're not together anymore I'll always love him.

Colten's POV.

Waking up the morning after Nikki and I fight I feel like shit. I treated her like shit. Why couldn't I just accept her love and forget about her asshole of a brother? I don't know.