Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

I just stood there with the boy I love and then my brother staring at me. I felt horrible for what I caused, but then again you can't really help who you fall in love with. The heart wants what it wants.

"I'm sorry." I mumble to Colten. I don't have the courage to look into his dazzling hazel eyes.

"Don't be sorry." Colten begs while pulling me closer to him. I can't stand to see him hurt, physically, like this.

"Colten have you seen the damage I've caused? You've broken your nose two times because of my brother!" I shout angrily at him. How can he be so selfless? I know that he doesn't want me to take all the blame but it's true. I just couldn't stay away.

"It's not your fault though! I made the decision to confess my feelings for you!" He shouts back. Knowing that we're having this conversation in front of my brother is very uncomfortable. Only because he's the one that wants us to break up.

"We have to break up." I say slowly playing with my fingers. I feel his fingers go under my chin lifting my head up to look at him.

"Nikki we can work something out." He pleads. The hurt in his eyes is excruciatingly painful. Knowing that I'm causing that hurt is even worse.

"No we can't." I mumble. "I've caused enough damage to your friendship with my brother. I don't want to ruin anything else." I quickly turn around before the tears roll down my cheeks. I am to much of a whimp to look at Colten right now.

I look up to see Brittni with open arms. I run straight into her embrace while she pats my back and leads me up to the school. I courageously take a look back at Colten who is now on his knees with his head in his hands. I look away and begin to sob as well.

I should've never got involved. I knew that I was betraying my brother when I started dating Colten. But I couldn't deny my feelings for him.

I was surprised to know that Colten felt the same way and I couldn't help the joy I felt whenever he was near. I was to hung up on the fact that after all these years of pranks and teasing Colten actually wanted me. And now I've ruined that. I'll never get another boyfriend. I'm a horrible person.

Colten's POV

I can't even move a muscle. I stay frozen with my head in my hands trying to figure out what just happened.

If her fucking brother wasn't such a prick this would work. I can't exactly blame him though. It was a bold move to tell her my feelings but then again I thought we would have more time than we did. Now I don't have her at all.

It really gets on my nerves that she thinks this is her fault. It's my fault. But of course Nikki is too damn selfless to admit that. It shouldn't have ended this way. We should be able to be together. She's all I think about. I love her but Jackson is still under the impression that I'm still a 'player'.

I know for a fact that this is karma catching up to me. With all the girls hearts I've broken now they are making me go through it as well. And let me just tell you it's not a good feeling.

Damn are girls really that strong? If I would've known that it's hurts this bad maybe I wouldn't have done it. Who am I kidding, that's just who I am. Or was.

When I'm finally done pitying myself I head back to my car. I don't even care that football practice is going on, I just need to get out of there. I can't stand to see Jackson right now. I know he probably enjoyed every moment of me sobbing. And being hurt. Well he got his wish because I'm shattered. The pain is indescribable. I've broken my hand and my ankle before and that didn't even hurt as bad as this. God girls are a lot stronger than they look.

Once I finally got home without actually paying attention to the road, I just go straight to my room. I don't feel like doing anything. I'm not hungry, I'm just tired and all I want to do is go to sleep. Fortunately fatigue overcomes me and I slip into a deep unconsciousness.

Jackson's POV

After seeing Colten so upset after my sister broke up with him, I was over loaded with guilt. I didn't know that he had it in him to cry, to look so crushed.

To see both my little sister and my once best friend shattered I immediately felt guilt. I never thought I'd see the day where Colten Mathews would cry over a girl, let alone my baby sister.

I'm not even fully focused as I'm driving back to my house. All I know is that I see Brittni's car in the driveway. Probably here with Nikki. Of course she would be here for Nikki. She just got her heart ripped out and stomped on. Idiot. My subconscious reminds me. I am an idiot aren't I?

When I walk into the house I'm greeted with silence. I walk up the stairs to check in on Nikki.

When I open the door I see Brittni sitting in Nikki's bed and slowly stroking her hair as Nikki tries to sleep. Even in sleep her face looks pained. Her eyebrows are furrowed, she has creases in her forehead and I wish she didn't. There are red blotches on her face indicating that she's been crying, hard. My baby sister is hurt and in pain because of me. Why did I have to be such a pretentious asshole?

"How is she?" I stupidly ask my girlfriend. I know the answer. I just thought maybe, with a little bit of hope it wouldn't be what I was about to hear.

"She's hurt." Brittni's voice cracks, she doesn't look up or even stop stroking my sisters hair. I close my eyes and sigh while shaking my head.

"What can I do?" I ask, my voice cracking on the last word. I need to get a grip, I can't though because my sister, that I love so much is hurting.

"Nothing. Nikki wants to be alone for a while. She really loved Colten." Brittni sniffles. Fuck! I scream at myself.

"Okay." I sigh and get off from my knees and walk out of the room.

Even after three hours, sleep never comes. Too much on my mind. I don't know what to do. I can't stand them being together. It's disgusting to think about. Stop being a hypocrite. How do you think Nikki felt when she learned about you and Brittni. My subconscious nags at me. Great now more guilt. I don't know what to do. Although, I know what I have to do.

Sorry it took so long to update. I will update again tomorrow. Read my new stories by the way. Enjoy.

Like and comment :)