Chapter 24.

Chapter 24.

We've been driving for almost an hour. I don't know where Colten is taking me but I hope it's nowhere fancy, I'm not really wearing nice clothes. Unless you consider a varsity jacket and black leggings with grey vans, fancy, then I'm dressed casually.

"Are we there yet?" I groan. I'm getting really restless right now. I don't know if it's because I'm nervous or if it's because I'm tired of being in the car.

"What are you five? We'll be there soon, don't worry." He smiles and places his hand on my thigh. I stiff underneath it but quickly recompose myself. I give him a small smile before focusing back out the window.

Almost a half hour later I start to see lots of buildings. Almost like we're down town somewhere. I notice a lot of people just walking and talking. Up ahead I notice what looks like a Ferris wheel. Wait what? I look over at Colten who has a grin stretched across his face. I return my gaze to the town. It's beautiful, I'm glad that the sun decided to come out.

"We're here." Colten says excitedly before pulling the keys from the ignition and getting out of the car. I open my door and walk to where Colten is.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"A festival." He quickly explains before grabbing my hand and guiding me towards the festival. Even though it was quite chilly out there were still people on the beach. I still can't believe somebody like Colten thought of this.

"You really out did yourself, Colt." I smile up at him and he smiles down at me. His arm goes around my shoulders.

"I knew you'd like it." He says cockily. There's my Colten. Whoa did I just say my Colten? Is he mine?

"Don't get so full of yourself now." I tease and he slightly shoves me.

"Never." He pretends to be offended. His smile quickly returns, the smile I adore so much.

"What do you want to do first?" I ask. There's so many things that you can do. Ferris wheel, carnival games, and other thrill rides. My phone rings inside my pocket and I pull it out it see Jackson's name flash across. I begin to panic.

"What's wrong?" Colten asks when I come to an abrupt stop.

"It's Jackson. What should I say?" I ask worried.

"Just say you're out with friends." He shrugs. I nod and slide across the flashing green button.

"Hey." I say chewing on my nails. Nervous habit. I never even really bite them off I just give the illusion that I am.

"So where are you? When I got up this morning you were gone." He asks worriedly.

"I went out with some friends." I try to keep my voice steady. Hopefully I did a good job.

"Really? Because Brittni is right here. What other friends do you have?" He asks. Wait did he just say that Brittni's there? Gross.

"First off, I didn't need to know your with Brittni," I state, "secondly, Brittni isn't my only friend thank you very much." I scoff. He can be rude at times.

"Sorry. I know you have to her friends I was just kidding. Where are you though?" He asks again. Should I tell the truth?

"A festival." I say and look over at Colten. He's standing with his hands in his pocket, his eyes wide with panic. I furrow my eyebrows wondering what his problem is.

"Oh, I remember someone else saying they were going to a festival too. Oh yea Colten is." He laughs. "Colten doesn't even like festivals. Well anyway have fun and you have a curfew." There goes his dad voice.