Auditions - 1

Cat's P.O.V.

NEXT DAY

"Just something for you." Sharpay hands Ms. Darbus a little box.

Today I was wering a long sleeve shirt and glove without the fingers, so anyone can't see my cuts. Than I sitting beside Ryan and glacing at him and he doing the same.

"Well, I expect we all learned our homeroom manners yesterday, people, correct? If not, we have some dressing rooms that need painting." Ms. Darbus told them "Now, a few announcements. This morning during free period will be your chance for the musicale auditions, both singles and pairs." Ms. Darbus informed them.

Sharpay claps with childlike excitement as she beams at Ms.Darbus, she is soo stupid.

"I will be in the theater until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit." She told us.

"What time is she due back on the mothership?" Chad jokes with Troy.
Troy and Chad snicker at the joke.

"Now today, we are going to discuss the importance of Shakespeare..." She continued.

HALLWAY

When the class finished I was in my looker geting my material, when i phone vibrate with a mensage.

Please come to the audition!!!!- Ryan <3

Oh, he wants me to do the audition with him. I don't know, but I will go there to se him.
Ok,I'll be there to see you- Cat
I texted back, and got a replay.

Okay, but I realy wanted you to audition with me.- Ryan <3

I'll think about it. – Cat

I put my phine awey and start to go to the auditouri, I have told before to Penelope that I'd go to the pratice in the free period. When I get there I see Troy through the backstage entrance wheeling a janitor's cart with a mop sticking up.

"Hey, can I hide here?" I ask to him, he turn and smile.

"Yeah." He said "I see that you came to see Ryan."

"Yeha." I said.

We hide as the hopefuls for the musical file in with Miss Darbus at the head of the group and Kelsi right behind her. Miss Darbus and Kelsi walk onto stage as Miss Darbus addresses the small audience.

"This is where the true expression of the artist is realized. Where inner truth is revealed through the actor's journey...(bell rings) Was that a cell phone?" She asked.
The members of the audience check themselves to see if their phone went off.

"No, ma'am. That was the warning bell." Kelsi tells Ms. Darbus.

"Ah! Those wishing to audition must understand that time is of the essence. We have many roles to cast and final callbacks will be next week." She announced.

"First, you will sing a few bars and I will give you a sense of whether or not the theater is your calling. Better to hear it from me now than from your friends later. Our composer, Kelsi Nielson, will accompany you and be available for rehearsals prior to callbacks. Shall we?" Ms. Darbus.

First singer:(off-key) It's hard to believe that I couldn't see
That you were always right beside me
This feeling's like no other
I want you to know...uh...uh

"Uh-huh. Yes, thank you. Next." Ms. Darbus calls.

Alan:(badly off-key) It's hard to believe
That I couldn' sneeze... see