The Penguin Family

When I put the kids to bed later that night, I realized that my husband's friends know nothing about me.  I figured I should tell them so stuff about me.

 I walked into the living room.

"How about we play 2 truths and a lie?" I suggested.

I heard a round of 'sure's. I sat down, and they followed suit.  We sat in a circle.

" I'll first, I guess.  I have 2 kids, most of my family is dead, and my favorite color is Purple." I really don't think they will get it right; well besides Jonghyun.

"Your family." Key said.

"I don't think those kids are yours." Minho said and Taemin nodded in agreement.

" I really hope it's your family that is the lie." Onew said sheepishly.

I looked at Jonghyun, I don't think he will answer. He took my hand in his. I think he's trying to make me feel better about what I'm about to tell them. I turn to the guys.

"Minho and Taemin got it right. Blake and Nova are my niece and nephew." I couldn't meet their gaze. I don't want their pity. Jonghyun squeezed my hand, trying to comfort me.

There was a long silence but Minho spoke.

"We should get going."

I cleared my throat, did a 90 degree bow in respect.

"Thank you for coming."  If I said anything else, I just may cry. We walked them to the door and said bye.

Nothing else was said that night. When I woke the next morning Jonghyun was gone. I went to Nova's room to wake her up.  I open the door and see her bed is empty, I rush to Blake's room and he's gone too. I search the whole house. They are not here. I start looking for a note. Nothing. By now, I'm on the verge of tears. I run back to my room and grab my phone. I ring Jonghyun and it goes straight to voice mail. I keep trying to call him through out the next hour.

20 minutes later

The front door opened and Nova, Blake, Minho and Taemin walked in. I ran right up to Blake and Nova, i wrap my arms around them.

"Where were you guys? I woke up and you were gone, I got so scared." I cried.

"We're sorry, we wanted to take them out to buy food to make for you for breakfast." Taemin told me.

"I'm sorry, freaked out so much, but you guys have to understand, they are all I have left. If you ever want to do something like this again, please let me know." i pleaded. They both nodded.

"What were you guys going to make, anyway?" I ask.

"Well we figured you missed your home and food from there. So we went hunting for American food and we found some. Some not a lot though. As for what we are going to make you, well you will have to wait."  Who know Minho could be so sassy.

"Alright, well get to cooking and I'll change out of my pj's." I said while walking back to my room.

Okay so what they made for breakfast could be made anywhere but the went with American style food. They made pancakes, french toast and eggs. Simple but never the less I loved it and so did the kids and that's all I care about. Minho and Taemin had to go soon after that. The kids hugged them.

That night when Jonghyun got home, the show manager handed us another famous red letter.

"It is time to start planing your wedding. Dress up like a Princess and a Penguin."  Jonghyun read out loud. I giggled at the thought of Jonghyun and the guys dressing up exactly like penguins.

"Okay, Penguin suit shopping tomorrow. " I laugh and wink at Jonghyun.

"Time for bed little penguins. We have a busy day tomorrow." Jonghyun said.

I couldn't help but laugh.

We are a family of Penguins.

It fits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know It's short but I've been busy with work and such. I'm sorry.

- Tiffany