Growing Pains

Ashlee's POV ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shopping for a new house and baby stuff is not what I thought it would be. Jonghyun and I have completely different ideas on what we want and Rain and his wife do not want to pick sides. I don't blame them though.

" I've always wanted a 2 story house. A big yards for the kids to run around on. " I said to Jonghyun.

" I understand that, but how are you going to carry the kids up those stairs to their rooms every night is my concern." Jonghyun said.

" Thank you for your concern, love. It's not like I'll be alone though, you will be there." I say.

" I don't mean to interrupt, but he his starting to prepare for a tour. Most nights he might not get home. Sometimes, Rain even slept at the studio." Tea Hee said.

" How about I pick the next house we look at?" Rain said to defuse the tension. I gave him a thankful smile, while he opened the binder with the list of houses to look at.

We gave him a minute to look through the binder. After a little bit, I get startled by a "Ahh, ha" .

" I found the perfect one!" Rain said as he shows the page to the producer for the okay.

And perfect was right.

 Skip to the House ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't seem like much but it's perfect. We walked around the whole house, it has enough rooms for all of us. I love it. I would have loved to stay longer but I had to go home and get off my feet.

Jonghyn said he would take care of everything and I trust him. I've never been big on surprises but this one I look forward to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ December 17, 2017 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun has been stuck at the studio for the past few days. SM gave him a hotel room to stay in close to the building. He's supposed to come home tomorrow cause they want to give him a break.

*Bing!* *Bing!*

I look at my phone and it's Him.

JH: Hey Love, I miss you and the kids so much. I'm sorry I haven't been home. My manager wants me to stay two more days though. I just wanted to let you know that I love you. And I'm sorry I can't be there."

ME: I love you too. Stay rested, eat and drink well. I'll see you when you come home. I have to get the kids to sleep. Good night, My Love." I reply to him.

I help Nova into her bed and tuck her in.

" Good night, Sweetie." I say after I kiss her forehead. I walk across the hall and do the same to Blake. I go to bed also, I'm tired.

But I wasn't prepared for the news I would get the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone pounding on the front door at 7 am. I rush to the door and it's Key, Onew, Minho and Taemin. All of them have red, puffy eyes.

" What happened to you guys?" I ask as I reach up and wipe the tears streaming down Minho's face. " Come in and sit down!"

" Noona, you should be the one sitting down." Taemin said with a choked voice.

" Okay, you guys are starting to scare me. What's going on?" I ask.

Onew steps in front of me and just hugs me while crying his eyes out. After a while he finally talks.

" Jongie, he was found dead in his hotel room this morning." I hear him say, in a small whisper....

And I break down......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~