Chapter 8

Soo much homework.. Im sorry guys :( You hate me I know x-x But I still love you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Kay POV-

My stomach clenches and tears threaten to fall... Bri?? Why would they take her? Then again.. why take any of us? To trade and sell.. I sit an wait for Heath to get back. I stand up on shaky legs and take deep breaths. You will find her! I know I will.. I have to.

I quickly sit on the bed again for fear I might fall... Damn my sickness! I sigh and watch the news some more... Nothing else is shown about missing girls.. Wait!? Did the nurses see my face? I quickly stand up and hobble for the chair full of clothes Heath brought me. I change quickly and get ready for what might come...
~Ten minutes later~

"They recognized you!" Heath whispers alarmed. My eyes widen and he just grabs my arm. "Lets get out of here.." He lifts me up before I can even respond. He looks down each side of the hallway and quickly heads down a corridor leading away from the main office. I gulp and hold on. I feel his heart beat and it's racing as quick as mine I'm sure. I hear rattling...

"What's that?" I ask.

"Your medicine.. Now shhh!" He hisses. I shut my mouth with a clap as he maneuvers his way through the building.

Heath finally reaches an emergency exit. I start to cough and he looks at me worriedly.

"Just keep going," I reassure I'm fine with a pat to his chest. He starts to bounce down the stairs trying not to rattle me too much. I roll my eyes.. I'm not going to break.

"I have a white Porsche waiting for us outside if I have to set you down can you make it?" he asks me with fear in his voice. I nod my head and he reaches the final door.. He pushes it open and we are in a car garage... I look around. Uh-oh, where's the white car?! He sets me down gently and I am whipping left and right looking. No car! I hear jingling and look behind me. He is leaning against the door with all his might, it looks like, while wrapping a chain around the handle and another bar. Struggling he puts a lock on it. He whirls around and swoops me up.

"I told you to get to the car!" he sounds very angry..

"I couldn't find it," I whimper to him and his face softens. He jogs to a car and sets me down again. He takes out some keys and presses the unlock button. It honks the horn and he already has the door open and pushing me in. He slams it and it pushes my feet a little.

Sliding in the front he turns on the ignition. The car roars to life and he pulls out. He drives quickly at first but slows down. Still laying on the seat from when he pushed me in here I peak out the window. A police cruiser goes by followed by a couple other cars. I gulp and lay down completely. Please let us get out of here so I can find Bri! I beg silently over and over in my head. Even in the situation we are in I let myself start to drift off... I am so tired lately and what just happened really took all I had. Resting my head on my folded arms, I sink into the back of the cars back seat. Sleep takes ahold of me at last.

"Kay!" Heath says to me touching my arm. I open my eyes an see I have a jacket layer over me and it's dark. "Take your medicine.. Then you can sleep more if you want, BUT, you have to tell me the plan so I know what to do.." I look at him through sleepy eyes..

"Head to the auction places," I mumble,"then we will brake my friend Bri out.." I nod satisfied with my answers. Before I can turn and sleep though he is thrusting a cold water in my face and a pill..

"Now!" he growls. I snap up grab it and swallow it down with a drink. He turns around pleased and I lay back down. Biting my lip I argue with nyself whether or not I should ask him.. I will wait. I lay back down, but I feel less tired now.. This will be a long ride...

-Max POV-

I take the last few steps as I turn and finally reach the door. I take a few shaky breathes as I open the door. It creaks as I pull. I open enough to let my head poke into the poorly lit room. It has plenty of file cabinets and one tad in the middle surrounded by chairs. On one side of the wall there is a desk. I silently slip through the door and head for it. The new forms will be here. I start to flip through looking for number 36. The one she was wearing on that beautiful dress of hers. I close my eyes and recall every detail.

Shaking my head I get back to searching. *Creak* I turn and see.. Lisa.

"Max?" she whispers it and almost drops the papers she has in her hands. She quickly comes up to me. She tosses the forms she currently had and wraps her arms around me. I gulp.

"Hi Lisa," I don't return the hug...

"I have missed you soo much!" It almost sounded tearful in the beginning then near the end she was back to herself... Seductive. She pushes back and I look down at her. Her green eyes shine brightly in this room with barely any light. The blonde hair I use to love lays around her face. She has her flirty smile on and eye lashes batting crazily. "Did you miss me too?" Her smirk turns into a grin and she steps back more. She pushes me down onto the desk. I bite my lip as her hands trace my stomach. She has lust and need in her eyes and I am sure I have a mirrored expression.

"Listen Lisa, I need the form for number 36 from today," I try to sit up but she pushes me back down.. Im sure if I tried I could over power but I don't.

"I will get you the form but you must do something for me in return," She purrs into my ear. I swallow hard and squeeze my eyes shut. I see Kay's face and know I can't do this. I move Lisa aside and stand.

"Depends on what," I tell her in a stern voice.

"Treat me like you use to," she almost begs.

"You know I can't," I whisper.

"Yes you can!" she raises her voice.

"Shh.. No I can't," I tell her angrily.

"You were the one who stopped it! They didn't care," she swoops her hand in the direction of the door. Meaning the boss and all the workers. No.. They didn't but I couldn't anymore. I love Kay..

Before I can protest Lisa smashes her lips into mine and starts to kiss me. I go to push away but my arms wrap around her. So wrong! She breaks away and looks at me. "You know you want to," she looks at me playfully. I need to get that paper!

"I'm sorry Lisa," I push her to the side and head for the papers.

"What are you doing?" she demands angry due to my rejection.

"Nothing," I mumble while searching for number 36. Damn.. why can't they be on order? 19, 28, 30.

"Get out of there!" She yells at me. I keep on looking not answering. "I'm serious!" She starts to pull on my shoulder. I'm almost through the pile..

*Slam!* The door flies open. Damn it..

"Think you could lose me Max?" I hear the smile on his face...

-Bri POV-

The SUV stops and I roll back a bit. The trunk is popped and bright light streams through.

"Alright! Time to visit the boss..." he smirks as he throws me over his shoulder. I shriek and he smacks my ass. I kick him and he mumbles something I'm sure wasn't very good... I look up and see the familiar desert terrain. The heats swallowing me and leaving me to feel like I'm in an oven. Tim stops suddenly and I know we must be at the door... Three knocks, two knocks, three knocks again. A "secret" thing I'm sure... I hear words being exchanged and I start to move again. Climbing stairs we enter the boss's house.. I gulp.

Tim throws me practically onto the couch. I hit my back rather hard but chose not to complain..

"Tsk tsk my dear." A shudder runs through my body. I look up and search for him. The tall, thin man, with the soulless eyes that can pierce your own. He is always hiding...

"I.. I didn't say anything.. I swear!" I try to explain.

"Shush." I close my mouth, "We will talk about it.. In due time," his voice traveling around the room, I close my eyes and wait for more...

I hear footsteps leave the room. I peek and see the boss revealing himself from a corner. Slowly he strides in front of me.

"I know what you said. Every word. I know you didn't say anything. Smart girl you are," he grins at me. I nod and don't dare look him straight in the eyes. "I have brought you here to... complete a mission." My stomach drops.. A mission?

"What is it?" I ask.

"Don't interrupt me and you might find out!" he snaps at me. I clench my jaw tight enough to make it hurt. Clearing his throat he goes on. "You are going to have to kill Max," I cock my head to the side. Max?

"But why?" I look at him confused.

"He hasn't been doing his missions, causing problems.. All those annoying things," he grins at me. I don't think I can kill anyone... My breath quivers as I finally say,

"When, where, how?" I look up with sadness weighing my heart down.

"That's the spirit," he reaches down and picks up a black leather suitcase. He takes out an envelope. I reach out with shaky hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my.... Im a terrible author... I haven't had time so imma make a deal with all my loves.. I will update A LOT.. like everyday. BUT the chapters will be short... However, If you guys can get to like 20 comments and 20 likes I will make sure my next one is long... And maybe a double update if I get more.. :3 Thank you all my loyal readers!!!

Vote, comment, recommend me!
All my love!! <3