Chapter 13

-Max POV-

Sobbing.. I hear someone crying. My eyes flutter open to see, KAY!

"Kay, don't cry," I reach up and caress her cheek.

"Max?" She looks up and the tears come to a pause. Then they come flowing harder. "I missed you so much!" She wraps her arms around me. I groan as she leans on my stomach. I almost forgot.. I was shot. She quickly stands up. "Im so sorry," she throws her hand over her mouth.

"Don't worry. It's ok love," I smile at her and she relaxes a little bit.

"I thought I lost you! You- you stopped moving. Your eyes... They looked so cold," She fights this set of tears and I can see it.

"My body just shut down from the pain," I shrug. She scowls at me.

"Shrug at me over something like that and I will beat you once you heal," she threatens me and I laugh at her. She is so small and petite she might herself before she even scratched me. She turns her frown upside down into a smile. "I would try anyway," I stick my tongue out at her. Under her breath I hear her say child.

"Excuse me?" I ask her.

"Your excused," she sticks her tongue out at me now and I laugh. A searing pain shoots through my body. I stop laughing abruptly. "What's wrong?" worry crosses Kay's face.

"Nothing, just hurts to laugh," I assure her it's nothing.

"Well here's a matter that isn't laughable at all," she turns serious and I look at her startled. Bipolar much? I wait for her to go on.. "My parents are on the way. The whole take down was on t.v. and all the children's parents were contacted to let them know that they found their kid," she looks at me with sorrow.

"What's wrong with your parents coming? I mean... besides me being the one who took you," I mumble the last sentence.

"They might take me away from you! You need me right now," she sits down and puts her head in her hands.

"I am a big boy now," I kinda laugh I make her feel better. "If your parents take you I can always come visit.. I mean I do know where you live," again my voice drops at the end. She looks at me oddly but I know she isn't too surprised.

"Runaway with me! After you are healed I will go home and explain to my parents what happened... kinda. I will leave out you took me," she bites her lip.

"I can't barely move, love. How am I suppose I run away?" I think she has gone mad...

"I understand," she looks sheepishly at the floor then heads to the window. "I will get ahold of you soon!" With that she jumps out the window! The 3rd floor window! How is she suppose to get ahold of me when she is dead! I groan and growl as I scoot off the bed.. I hobble to the window to search for Kay...

-Kay POV-

"I will get ahold of you soon!" I step up on the window sill. With a deep breath I leap! I leap for the tree and hope I catch it because 3 stories is actually quite high! I grasp the branch but lose my grip. I slip and fly forward. I land HARD. Hard on my back. My breath is taken away and I flip over gasping. I gasp little breath after little breath. I start to cough and shake. A few more little breaths and I am breathing fine again. I shake it off and sprint towards the bushel of trees. It is going to be challenging to get anywhere in an outfit like this. I face palm myself for not thinking this one through. Too late now I suppose.

I find a rock to rest on as I think of where to go to get a change of clothes. Actually... I don't even know where I am! I sigh in frustration. I'm sure if I wanted to risk it and I went back inside I could find a locker area with clothes in it... I don't want to do that but I have to take a chance.

I peer through the trees towards a backdoor. I will just slip through there, get some clothes, and back out. Easy right? Well, I hope so because I can't take too much of a challenge.

I sprint towards the tan building. I hide behind cars in parking lots, bushes, everything. Breathing heavily I take the cold metal handle with both hands. With all my heart I hope it isn't locked... I push the handle and.. It opens. I sigh with relief and slip inside.

I tip toe down hallways and go in and out of rooms, searching, searching. My heart is racing as I beg God for mercy and show me the way to the lockers.

About to give up I hear voices. They are muffled and whispered. I follow them not knowing where it will lead me.

I pass the door that says lockers because I so badly want to hear what they are saying. I suppose it isn't important... I turn back and slowly open the door. It squeaks as I do. sounding like a scream of agony. I'm afraid the voices heard. Pausing I listen. They haven't stopped talking so I keep going.

I look in all the lockers without a lock. On the 20th try I finally find something to change into. They are maybe a little big but it works. I take off my gown and slip on the boot cut jeans. I take the plain tee and swiftly pull it over my head. I wish there was a pair of shoes but with no such luck I head out bare foot.

The voices have stopped and so has my heart. I look left then right and quickly head the way I came. However, it isn't that simple.

"I can't believe that place was taken down! I wonder if anyone ever noticed that place," I see her shudder as her and the other brunette keep on gossiping. I lean against the cool wall hoping it will calm me down. How long will I have to wait for them to clear out of my path? Will they come my way and see me? I curse myself and my dumb idea of running away at all. Once again turning back isn't an option.. I sigh heavily.

-Max POV-

I watch her land. Smack on her back.. I flinch knowing that must have hurt. She flops over and is coughing and sputtering. Before you know it she is up and scampering for the trees. She disappears and I sigh. What am I going to do? I am in no state to follow but I'm afraid she won't be able to find me. I buzz in a nurse.

"When can I leave?" I say no hello, I'm not in the mood.

"Not for a couple days," she looks at me oddly. "Why?" I glare at her.

"Would you want to be here?" I ask her harshly. She looks down at her feet. "I'm sorry," I mumble and she gives a faint smile.

"It's ok. No I wouldn't," she turns and leaves me alone... I lay down on the hospital bed and close my eyes. Damn it... What am I going to do?

-The Boss-

I pace the room. With every step I grow slower and slower. I finally stop and rub my temples. Thanks to that little whore, Kay, my biggest building in the operation was taken down. I will make her pay, along with Max. He wasn't even suppose to make it out alive. Heath... I would have him eliminated too, but he is in the eyes of the law. Somehow, one day, I will make them all pay. Every last one of them... A grin breaks across my face. Yes, they will and I will do it myself if I have too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mhmm, I brought the Boss in!! Interesting yes?

Vote, comment, recommend me!!
Much love!<3