Chapter 12

-Kay POV-

He lays in my arms blood smeared everywhere. I cry and as I look up I see the gun is pointed at me now.

"Do it," I dare the blonde headed bitch Lisa. She just cocks her head to the side with a wicked grin on her face.

"With pleasure," she sneers. *Bang!* I jump a little and look down. I'm not shot? I glance up and Lisa is holding her own stomach. She falls to her knees and Heath just stands there shock written all over his face. Patrick goes to pull out a gun but he is also shot. Obviously getting the hint Heath throws his hands up. I turn around and it's Amanda?

"Get down on the ground!" she yells and Heath listens. She gives a weird hand signal and cops all done up with the bullet proof vests, guns, etc come barreling in. Everything starts to happen so fast I get dizzy. They remove Max from my lap.

"No! No!" I get up and go to chase the gurney with him on it. A pair of strong arms squeezes me tight and makes it where I can't. "Let me go!" I claw at the arms but they are heavily guarded.

"Calm down!" The voice in structs. I can't. I can't! Tears over flow my eyes and I kick, scream, and squirm. A person in a white suit walks up and I feel a little pinch.

"This will help you relax," she smiles. My vision turns even more blurry and I feel myself going limp. I am laid on something soft. So soft... I think I-I'm going to take a nap. I let myself be over taken by blissful darkness.

-MAX POV!!! <3- ~Le gasp! O.O

"He has lost lots of blood!" a voice is yelling but I can't really hear it... My eyes slowly open and I see a white ceiling and white everywhere. Is this heaven? No... no it can't be. I could never go there...

"He is regaining consciousness!" Another voice informs. Who? Are they talking about me?

"We need to get him to stop bleeding!" I feel some pressure on my stomach... Wait I can feel? Barely..

"We are almost to the hospital!" The same voice from the first time yells to somebody.. Why do I need to go to the hospital? I don't understand I just want to sleep.. Yes, I think I will sleep. I close my eyes and go to drift away.

"Not yet! Don't you go to sleep! Stay with us! Come on just a tad longer!" A person to my right jiggles my arm a little bit. I don't want to stay awake...

I hear a clink and squeaky wheels. I roll my head to my left and notice I am outside now. Damn that sun is blinding! I feel myself being rolled. More people in white surround me.

"You are going to be okay!" A voice assures.. me?

-Kay POV-

I wake up dazed and confused. Last I remember is...

"WHERE'S MAX?!" I yell and a nurse comes in very quickly.

"Kaylee, you have to calm down or we will sedate you," she pats my leg.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye," I start to cry.

"What do you need hun?" She looks at me softly.

"Max... He died," I start to shake and I feel sick. "Bri did too!" my tears come harder.

"The young man you were holding is ok," she gives me a reassuring smile.

"What about Brianna?" I sniffle.

"I'm sorry the girl didn't-," she just trails off and looks down. My heart is broke. She killed herself and it could have be stopped! Amanda should have gotten there sooner!

"I need to be alone.." I grumble. The nurse nods and leaves. A good 5 minutes pass and I stand up. Wobbling a little bit I get to the door. I look left and right before I head towards the front desk.

"Where is Max?" I ask the lady. Her eyes grow wide when she looks at me but she types Max's name into the computer anyway.

"Umm, Max Carter?

"Y-Yes," He never told me his last name.

" 3rd floor. The fifth room on the right," she looks at me oddly.

"Thanks," I mumble and hobble away in my hospital gown.

I reach the elevator and press the up button. I rest against the wall for a few seconds. *Bing* I quickly get in and press the 3. The doors close and the elevator starts to move. That weird music plays and I look at myself in the mirrors.. Eww. No wonder the lady in the front looked at me funny. *Bing* I head out the door and go left because the right is a dead end.. I go 3 down and peer into the fifth one on my right.

"Max?" I whisper. No response. I head into the room and look for him. I walk down to the other half and look behind the curtain. There he is.. Sleeping soundly with a bandage around his stomach and rib area from where he was shot. Tears fill my eyes. I thought he was dead... I wobble to the chair next to the bed and take his hand in both of mine. I rest my head on his bed and let myself drift away... Man am I tired.

"Kay?" A gentle voice calls my name.

"Hmm?" I groan.

"Max won't be waking for awhile so please come talk to me so I can tell you the good news," the voice softly exclaims. I see it's Amanda and rage build inside me!

"You didn't get there fast enough! My friend is dead because of you!" Tears escape my eyes. All I can do anymore is cry.

"We tried to get there faster but we could only do so much. That place has security we had to take down," she tries to reason with me.

"Who are you really?!" I hiss.

"I'm Haley Hutchinson. I was an undercover cop in that mission and was tracking you the whole time. After I met you in the box I thought you would be going back and decided that was the time to take that organization down. Or at least that building," she looks down like she failed. I just nod my head. Finally I respond.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I look at her bitterly.

"I couldn't I was hoping you would understand," she sighs and then adds, "Your parents are on the way," she tries to smile... Damn it no! I wouldn't love anything more than to see them but right now I need to be here and wait for Max..

"Oh," I say softly. She just pathetically smiles and leaves the room. I cry for like the millionth time in my life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every time I see messages that say OMG YOU ROCK!! PLEASE UPDATE!! It makes me super badly want to update but sometimes my thoughts come out jumbled haha!! So sorry for my writers block but I had to update for my awesome readers!!!

Vote, comment, recommend me!!

Much love!<3