Chapter 1

HEY GUYS!!! THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE STORY OUT OF THE FOUR THAT IVE WRITTEN SO FAR. THANKS FOR SICKING WITH IT!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!! 😘

Chapter 1
Tarna
It was going to rain. I could smell it in the air and see it in the growing dark clouds.
A smile spread across my face when I felt the deep mud squish through my toes and the mist cover my naked body as I walked back to my cave.
I could have shifted and ran there. But everything felt so sensitive to my human body.
When I was a wolf, things didn't matter. I guess I could also say that about being a human. But the feeling of everything against my skin felt more surreal than it did against my wolf fur.
My hands clawed at the bark on the tree trying to steady myself in the mud. A hole was carved into it or stabbed into it by something I didn't know. I sniffed round it but found that it was too old to hold a scent. It was such a strange carving that I couldn't ignore it. Whatever made it had gone down deep into the trunk.
Just forget it Tarna I told myself get back to the cave before it rains. 
The cave wasn't that far from where I was but so was the rain.
The mist was growing thick and the clouds were darkening. In the distance I could hear the familiar sounds of thunder but I couldn't see the lightening. That wasn't strange though. Not in these parts.
I got to the cave just when it started to bucket down.
I had been living here for the past year. It hadn't been the nicest place I've lived in but I probably loved it the most. The back yard was really big. It went underground and opened to an underground caven of sorts.
It levelled out to a sort of platform where I lied out my mattress with stolen bed sheets not that I ever really got cold. I kept my clothes in a box by the cave wall as well as anything I thought was worth keeping. There wasn't much. The main reason I stayed here was the pool. Well, my bath.
It was deep and reached just under my chin at the deepest part. It had other small platforms that came out from the wall that I placed things like soap on. The water itself was warm because of the heat that the cave walls had contained over the years. Water leaked from the walls always giving me a fresh water supply. The cave ended at the end of the pool but that was okay. This space was all I needed.
I didn't wait to dry myself. I walked straight into the pool and didn't stop till the water was up to my chest. I welcomed the feel of the warm water around my body and flopped back so that I felt nothing underneath me.
I thought that was the most amazing feeling in the world. The feeling of nothing touching me and nothing holding me as I slowly sunk to the bottom. The hard rocky ground hit my back but I didn't come up. I closed my eyes and focused on controlling my breathing through the water.
When my lungs were about to explode, I came up for air. I did this often. More often than I would care to admit. But it's all I could do to stay entertained.
I had been on my own for a while now. Well more than a while. Since I was thirteen and my wolf took over. Unlike other wolves, I hadn't found a pack to become a part of. So now I was all alone, trying to live with the emptiness that my wolf wanted so much for me to fill. But I couldn't fill that emptiness for her. I didn't know where to start.
I had never met my parents and therefore never been born into a pack. As far as I knew, they didn't have a pack. They could have just as easily been rouges like I was now.
My wolf stirred when I began to think about my parents. She always did it when I thought about them. I guess because I was tired of being alone but that loneliness was the only friend I've known for years. And I knew that it would be my friend for many years to come.