Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Malcolm
"How is she doin'?" Callum asked.
It was a week after Tarna's and mine's advantage to try and find Tarna's parent in which we found out that they were dead. Tarna hadn't been out of bed since we got back. Hadn't eaten, hadn't even spoken a single word. I didn't know what to do anymore. I didn't even know what to say to her.
"I don't know," I admitted to him, "she's mornin' after people she never even knew."
He nodded, knowing it was true.
"I don't know what to do, Callum," I admitted, "tell me what to do."
He chuckled, "I can't tell you what to do. Just be there for her."
"But she's not even there. I tried to talk to her last night and I got nothin' back. She hasn't eaten anythin'. I even put a plate full of cookies in front of her, got nothin'. I don't even know if the baby's okay."
"Babies are stronger than you think," he reassured me.
"Well, I don't know. Maybe we should get her to talk to someone," I suggested.
"And how do you think that's goin' to go down. She's goin' to scream, cry and hate you for suggestin' it."
"Then what?" I groaned, "It kills me to see her like this. I don't know what to do. I should know what to do. I mean, I know what it's like to lose parents, I know what it's like to have the hole in your stomach. But I don't know what to do."
"Tarna's strong, she'll get through this," he told me.
"But I -."
"Hey," I was stopped by Liv's voice and Amy and Allie following behind her.
"What are you two talking about?" Amy asked, sitting on the lounge."
"Tarna, again," Allie guessed.
"There's really not much on my mind," I admitted.
"How about the fact that your brother is gettin' married in exactly four weeks?" Amy said watching as her sister climbed into Callum's lap.
"Wow," I said, "awesome."
Callum shrugged as if it was really no big deal.
"Really, Malcolm don't worry," Liv reassured me, "you clearly have a lot on your mind."
I nodded agreeing. It was only then that I remembered that Liv had tried to talk to her yesterday.
"Liv, when you spoke to her yesterday -."
"She said nothing," Liv finished for me, "she muttered a few things but I got nothing out of her."
I nodded getting the same thing.
"What even happened?" Amy asked.
I guess Archie didn't explain things very well. He never did.
"Where do you want me to start?" I asked her.
She shrugged, "from the beginning I guess."
I sighed, wondering how many times I would have to relive the moments.
"Well, I stopped the Jeep outside the boundary. Then Tarna and I walked till a pack member found us. He took us to his alpha where we were accused of lyin' -."
"It didn't help that you used a false name," Allie buttered in before I could continue.
"I couldn't be sure if my story had reached there and I didn't want Tarna's hope ripped away from her because of a mistake I made years ago."
"Finish your story," Amy told me before anyone else could comment.
I sighed, "We were almost ripped to shreds, you know, as you do before one of the pack elders saved us. She took us back to her room and told us the story of how her parents died. I had to carry her back to the Jeep and you know the rest."
Amy nodded, not looking as my answer had help her in anyway. In fact she kind of looked guilty for asking it.
"Tell us about the weddin'," Allie asked Liv and Callum not liking the silence we had fallen into.
Liv and Callum shared unsure looks before Liv answered, "We have to pick up the dresses tomorrow. And I have to go and see about the cake on Friday. Flowers are being delivered the day before the wedding. And I think the final guest list checks has to be done by Wednesday."
"You can't forget about your Bachelorette party," Allie reminded her.
"I don't know Allie," Liv groaned.
"No it's fun. We dress you up and then go around to all the pubs in the village and sell you kisses. It's a Scottish tradition."
"Well, I'm not Scottish."
"Come on Liv," her sister groaned, "Callum already told us that male strippers were out."
I couldn't help but laugh.
"What's so funny?" Allie asked.
"Don't you guys know what Archie and Graham have planned for Callum?" I asked.
"I really don't want to know," Callum told me.
"What do they have planned?" Liv asked, "There better be no strippers."
"Who has strippers?" Archie asked as he and Graham came into the room.
"Archie, please tell me that you didn't organise strippers for my fiancé's Batchelor party?" Liv asked, not looking too happy.
"I would love to say that Little Liv but I can't," he told her.
"Wait, so I don't get male strippers for my party but you do?" Liv asked Callum.
He frowned, "wait, you want male strippers?"
"No but its principle. If you get strippers, I want strippers too."
"Well, I don't want strippers."
"What?!" Archie and Graham yelled in unison.
"Brother, your havin' strippers, you don't get a choice," Graham told him.
"No, I don't want them," he corrected, "only if Liv is the stripper."
That thought caused all three of us to raise our eyebrows at the idea.
"No, stop!" Liv yelled, "Get the thought out of your head."
I snickered doing as she asked though I'm sure the thought was far from my brother's minds.
"I'm goin' to go check in Tarna," I stated and turned towards the door.