Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Tarna
No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get him out of my head. I sensed his danger, well, I sensed more than that. He was dangerous and mysterious and dark and – didn't want me.
I forced my human thoughts to stay out of my head but it didn't always work. Not when she felt so lonely. I felt lonely.
It all started when I was born and my parents abandoned me in the forest. That's what I was told at least. No note, just in the baby blanket that I still slept with. I think campers found me, I wasn't too sure. But they placed me in an orphanage and I lived there till I was seven when I was adopted into a family. My adoptive parents was the closest thing to family I ever had. They were both teachers but that didn't help me. I was always behind in school and found it hard to focus. My adopted parents wanted to help, I guess, but they didn't have time. But like my birth parents, they kicked me out when I shifted for the first time. So I was dealing with the impossible. I was a werewolf, living on the streets with no one to love and take care of me. I learned to control my wolf on my own because I didn't know where to start when looking for a pack. But now I was twenty-seven and was tired of being alone.
I stopped walking when I caught the scent of something familiar. My heart leaped when I thought it was my mate but the scent wasn't his. There was too many odours to be him. In fact, there were six people. An image flooded my mind of the six people walking. Four out of the six shared the same DNA and the other two shared DNA, probably sisters. They were human. Each sister had their own werewolf brother wrapped around them as they walk. One was complaining about being small and cold as the other laughed at her. Knowing that they had relations with my mate I followed their scents to the river.
I spied the six of them by the bank. Five of them stripped down till they were wearing almost nothing. The sixth one, the smallest of the males, sat on the grass and watched as the larger two males and third female bolted for the water. The two sisters stood by the bank, shivering.
"Come on Liv!" the biggest of the six called out, "it's beautiful."
"Don't lie to me, Callum or the wedding is off!"
The others chuckle as the two sisters cuddling together for warmth.
"You know, not all of us is cold blooded!" the youngest of the two sisters argued.
"It's hot blooded, Princess," the second male corrected.
"Shut it Archie!"
I watched as the oldest male, slowly made his way out of the water. The oldest sister saw what he was doing and started to back away from him.
"Callum, what are you – what are you doing!" she screamed, bolting in the opposite direction before he wrapping his arms around her waist and through her over his shoulder. My human ached for that connection that they so clearly shared as he ran back into the water. Her screams filled my sensitive ears making me shake my head till it stopped.
"Come on Princess!" the second brother yelled.
"Nope," she said backing away, shaking her hands, "I'm going to keep Graham company."
"Hey, don't use me as an excuse!" the smallest male yelled.
"Come on, Princess," the second male said, stepping out of the water.
She immediately backed away.
"Archie, if you take when step closer to me, we're not having sex for a week!" she yelled.
"Oo, Brother, I would back away if I was you," the smallest brother added but he was ignored.
The second male didn't back away.
"I mean it, Archie. No sex for a week. That's seven days."
He shrugged at her.
"As if you can stay away from me for seven days," he stated.
Each step that he took forward, she took two back.
"I've done it before," she stated.
"That wasn't my fault. It was your time –."
"Archie!" she yelled, now completely pissed, "Man, your siblings are like right –."
Before she could finish, he had his lips on hers. My human ached again, wishing for my mate to do that to me.
"Amy, you have no will power," the smallest brother said disappointed.
"I'm only human," she groaned, pulling apart from her mate, "Even if you're not."
His mouth dropped, stunned, "ouch. Brother, your mate knows how to talk smack."
"Damn right she does. Do you think I could love a woman that didn't know how to smack talk?"
"Ah, thanks baby," she said before kissing his lips again.
While she was off her guard, he latched onto her back thighs and lifted her on his hips.
He turned and bolted for the water with her screaming, "I'll kill you!"
I growled and shook my head till my ears started to hurt.
I watched them for what seemed like hours. Every now and then, my eyes landed on the brother that sat by the bank. He didn't join in on the water fun and the others didn't try and force him to join. I wanted to go over to him and sit with him. I felt like I could bond with him. In his own way, he seemed like a rogue, forgotten by his family. By the look on his face, he didn't mind but his emotions told a different story. He felt lonely. An emotion I was common with.
It wasn't long till even my wolf brain had figured out who they were. The Royal Family. The family of my mate. They were supposed to be my family.
They all seemed so happy. They had all felt the gap that was their brother but they pretended like it wasn't there.
At that, I decided what I needed to do. I turned from them and bolted in the direction of castle. The muscles in my legs jiggled from the speed as my heart raced. I had to get to my mate, I had to make him accept me.