Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Tarna
The wolf didn't drop me till we were on the outskirts of what seemed like a large camping site for a pack. White houses, large and small, surround an area that seem deserted by people. Though I couldn't see anyone, I smelt their presence and felt their hunger. The pack was only just surviving on what they were having and it wasn't much.
He dropped me down on the wet muddy forest floor, causing the muscles in my shoulders to spasm back to life. The skin between my shoulder blades burned like it had been lit on fire causing me to wince when I smelt my own blood.
When the idea of resting floated through my head, the second wolf, the smaller out of the two but still huge compared to me, growled and gestured for me to follow. I went willingly with the first wolf following straight behind me. Slowly the muscles in my legs started to wake and I could walk without a limp.
He led me to one of the white houses. It was probably one of the biggest which meant only the alpha would live here. The idea of asking the alpha to join his pack flowed through my head but I instantly shook it away. No matter how much my mate had hurt me, I couldn't get him out of my head.
The two wolves growled at me, a message to shift. I did as they asked, instantly with them following. It took me a moment to realize what was happening and when I did, I realized that I was now in a tent, naked, along with two other naked men. I wasn't shy but I had no idea why I was in here for. The only way to cover myself was to push all my hip length hair over my shoulders and curl up into a ball.
"Get her a blanket," the second one ordered before walking over to the chest-of-draws.
It was only then that I started to take in my surrounds. I was in a tent. Well, not really. It was in the same shape as a circus tent but smaller and white. A large king size bed, took up half the space as well as a desk and of course a chest-of-draws.
"You never know," the first one said, bringing my attention back to him. He looked me up and down, licking his lips with lust. I rolled my eyes and turned my hands into fists to control my tongue. Lads were so predictable. Well, not all lads.
"She's kind of cute. The Alpha might enjoy it."
"Do as I've asked, Davy," the second one growled, turning to look at him as he searched through the draws.
Davy did as he asked, with an eye roll. I tried to avoid as much eye connect with them as possible. Not because I was scared, but you know, they were naked. I jumped when I felt the knitted material of a blanket and welcomed the cover.
My eyes then landed on the second man, watching as he pulled on jeans. His back had four whip-like scars, surprising me. He was clearly high up in the werewolf hierarchy and yet, he had been horsewhipped like the rest of us. He wasn't the alpha, I knew that much. But the way he ordered Davy told me that he wasn't far from the top of the pack food chain. He was young, possibly twenty-five and unlike Davy, he wasn't pleased with my presence.
"Davy, go get the Alpha," he ordered, turning around to face him.
Davy nodded and left the tent. His whole demeanour changed. He wasn't the wolf that was in charge, he was now the soft little puppy. I had always thought I was good at reading people. That was until I met Malcolm who needed a translator to be read.
Hating the silence that he was putting me through, I asked, "Why am I here?"
He frowned, "Isn't it obvious? You were trespassin' on our territory."
I licked my lips and tried to think if I really had been. I was sure that this was still Patterson territory. I could only think about that for a second when I started to realize just how much trouble I was in. Some alphas tortured rogues for trespassing.
"Um, what will your Alpha do with me?" I asked, tightening the blanket around me.
I had no interest of being raped.
"He will –."
"Please Brother."
My head shot towards the entrance of the tent where the alpha now stood. His very presence made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. His broad shoulders made him stand proud and his stare felt like raisers cutting into my skin.  His hair was black and so were his eyes brows. With a strong jawline, strong cheekbones and an evil smirk, my grip tightened on the blanket.
"Don't give away all our family secrets," he groaned.
The brother, rolled his eyes and left the tent.
"Sorry, about my little brother," he stated, moving over to his desk, "He's still learnin'."
And I bet he doesn't like his lessons.
Like instinct, I started to read him. He was just as confusing as Malcolm. He had a blackened soul and a darkness in his eyes. He had done some horrible things, his very presence told me that. And if I looked real hard, I would say that he even felt sorry about some of them.
"So, you were caught trespassin'," the alpha started, pouring himself a drink before turning to face me.
"I was just passin' through," I told him truthfully, "I didn't want any trouble."
"Well, the thing is. You have," my eyes narrowed at him, "Now that you're in my presence, I can't let you go."
"But I haven't done anythin' wrong," I said, almost yelling.
Why couldn't this sick son of a bitch just let me go?
"That's not how I see it," he told me.
"Well, how do you see it then?" I asked.
"I see that you were tresspassin' on my land. And not even a pretty little face like yours can make that go away."
"But I wasn't –."
"Would you like to continue with that sentence?" he asked me, flicking his hand opened to reveal his dark, black crawls.
It was a threat, but it was only a threat.
"I haven't done anythin' wrong," I repeated, feeling like a broken record.
My heart started to race as my wolf stirred, feeling the dangerous situation I was now in. And I was in deep under my head.
"We'll see about that, shall we?"
I didn't have time to protest. He already had me on my feet, his hand tightly gripping my upper arm, dragging me out of the tent.
"Davy!" he roared, not waiting for Davy to appear from wherever he went, "Time for a little fun!"
Oh God, this was not going to be fun. With my feet barely being able to keep up with him, he led me away from the camp site till we were surrounded by trees. When I saw chains around two trees, I realized what I was in for and panicked.
"No, no," I groaned, pulling against his grip but he didn't even stop.
"Now, now, don't try to be a hero," he growled.
I had no choice. Before I knew it, he had clapped one of the chains around my wrist and quickly repeated the moves with the other chain.
"You bastard!" I yelled, fighting against the chains as he stood back and watched me, "I will kill you! Do you hear me?"
"You're not the first person to make that threat."
"And I doubt that I will be the last. My mate will find me," I warned him, not believing it myself, "He will find me and make you pay."
He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Please, I can take on a few rogues."
"He's not a rogue, he's –."
"I really don't want to hear it. Davy!" he roared again.
"I'm comin'," a voice groaned behind me, before the wolf from before showed itself. 
His eyes looked me up and down again, now that the blanket was barely covering me anymore. I fought against the chains, wanting to wipe that smirk off his face. If the bastard wanted to look me up and down, he needed to buy me dinner first.
"I'm sure there's far better ways to deal with her than this. Put that pretty little body of hers to good use," Davy said.
"I would have," the alpha stated, making my blood boil, "But that mouth of hers, isn't that pretty."
Oh the creep. Growls escaped my lips, my own warning, pulling against the chains harder.
"Now," the Alpha started, taking a step forward and taking my jaw in his hand, his fingers pushing deep into my cheeks till it hurt, "let's see if that not so pretty mouth of yours can scream."
I spat in his face, watching him back away. My joy was short lived when his hand slapped me across the face. My whole face went numb except for my cheek which burned like it had been lit on fire.
"Not even a yelp," the alpha stated.
I bit my lip, trying not to show him any emotion.
"Let's see, how quiet you'll be when I'm through with you," he told me, making my eyes flick up and spy the knife.
Without any control, I showed my fear and fought against the chains. He took a step towards me, bringing the knife to my cheek. Like he did before, he locked my jaw into place and with the quick sway of his finger, cut my cheek. I felt the blade, tearing my skin, before I felt it sting. Biting my lip, I swallowed my pain.
"Still no sound," he stated, "We'll see how long that stays."
I was too focused on the numbing pain in my cheeks that when I felt my skin start to break below my breast, I wasn't ready. I showed a sign of pain, wincing as that knife tore my torso till it stopped at my hip. Groans were the only sound I allowed myself to make. A fire had been lit inside of me, causing my legs to crumble beneath me. The only way I was standing was because of the chains that were wrapped around the trees.
"She's playin' tricks, Alpha," Davy told him, though I'm sure he knew.
But he didn't say anything. All he did was carve another line into my body. I could feel my blood start to drip from my cuts, felt the effect on my struggling body.
He continued to make my body a canvas of his art work till the front of my torso had been turned into ribbons. Blood dripped all down my legs and became a pool at my feet. The pain, even for a supernatural being like myself was unbearably and I think I blacked out through most of it.
When the chains came undone, I fell to the ground. The impact of my legs hitting the ground didn't seem that painful compared to the pain in my torso. My jaw felt slack as my stomach stirred when I realized that the warm wet liquid at my knees wasn't water.
"Now, you listen to me," the Alpha's voice became echoes as I struggled to keep my eyes opened, "I don't want people to know that I'm back in town but I want you to be my messenger. You tell any rogue friend of yours that you see that there's a new alpha in town. And the punishment that I give them if they cross my territory will make yours look like child's play. Do you understand?"
"I un-der-stand," I mumbled.
"Good," he said, letting me go, "now scram."
I nodded, taking to my knees. Somehow, my wolf was able to take over my body and head in the direction of the only person I thought could help me. Malcolm.

Malcolm
Malcolm
I jumped awake at the sound of my name. I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep. I had spent last night with nightmares, the memory of pushing the little wolf to the ground still so fresh. It was just another reminder of how dangerous it was to be around me.
Mate, my mate
Everything inside of me froze. Something wasn't right. My wolf started to stir, once again, never giving me a moments peace. I started to feel sick. Like I had lost something of value but I didn't have anything worth losing.
Malcolm, my mate, my mate
And like in my dreams, a second force took over. I was now sleep walking but I was completely awake. Without realizing, I allowed the force to take over my body and lead me to wherever it wanted to take me.
That, evidently, was outside in the forest. A fog started to tangle at my ankles as the mist grew thick. I hadn't realized that I was almost at the boundary until I could hear the trickling of water from the lake. I frowned, stopping. How the hell did I get here so fast?
The boundary was miles from the house and yet, I was barely out of breath. Something wasn't right. Something wasn't – I turned slightly and spied a pale body. I frowned, taking a few steps towards it.
When my wolf stirred inside of me, the body's identity was revealed.
"Oh no," I said, bolting over to where she lied.
I fell to my knees, turning her onto her back. That's when I saw the real damage. The skin that cover her torso was turned to shreds and her cheek was cut and pink like she had been slapped. Her skin was pale and covered in blood which contrasted to her blue lips. Her heart was weak and her wounds still bleeding.
"Oh no, no, no," I said feeling the fear of losing her take a hold on my heart and gripped it tighter than ever.
"What have you done?" I asked her though she was hardly in the state of answering, "Who did this to you?"
"Help," she mumbled, trying to reach for me as I cradled her in my arms, "mate, my mate."
"I'm here," I told her, hugging her tighter, "I'm here."
My eyes landed on her wounds. They were far to deep for her to heal properly. The thought of breaking her arm to trigger her healing did come to mind but made my stomach turn even more than my wolf made it. There was only one other option. Take her back to Faol Coillie.
On the way back to the house, numerus questions were raised.
Who did this to her?
Why did they do this to her?
Did she do it to herself?
She didn't seem like the torso cutting type but you could never be sure. I didn't look like a murderer. But here I was, in all my glory.
I took her through the tunnels and up through the secret message ways till we were in the attic. She groaned a little when I placed her down on the mattress, watching her wounds bleed a little. Standing, I paced over to my 'first ad' kit that I had set on an old dresser. I found a needle and some thread before pacing back to her. Taking two pieces of her skin, I threaded the thread through, good enough to allow her to heal by herself.
As I sowed her back together, I allowed myself to take in her features. Starting with her hair. Long, probably reached down to her hips. A light brown colour with the tips stained red from her blood. I fought the urge to plat it, knowing how much the motion calmed me down. Her face. That most beautiful I've seen. Straight nose, thin, light eyebrows, long eyelashes, soft cheeks, narrow jawline. I swallowed when I got to her body. I had almost forgotten that she was naked, too focused on my stitching. But like a school boy, I found myself staring at them – her. I licked my lips, trying to force my eyes away from her perfectly plumped breasts.
Spot it, Malcolm I told myself, stop being a perve.
Just as I had finally drawn my eyes away, they landed somewhere south. Her legs. Surprisingly long for how small of wolf she was. Without realizing, my fingers had started to graze her thighs, feeling myself get drunk on the feel of human connect.
I hadn't been with a woman in five years. Five years. I mean, my list of lovers wasn't very long but not many could have sustain from sex. Top of my list were my three younger siblings.
I felt my wolf come to the surface with the need of claiming her as she slept. But I didn't even know her name. I didn't know anything about her and she knew nothing about me. But I guess that was for the best. I didn't want a mate, but I knew she would run a mile if she found out what happened to the last woman that had gotten close to me.
Shifting closer to the end of the bed, I lend over her so that we were face to face.
"Who are you Little Wolf?" I asked her, watching as her head moved under my touch when I tucked her hair behind her ear, "Why are you so determined to become my mate?"