Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Tarna
It had been six weeks since Malcolm had marked me and I had become a member of the Patterson pack. Things couldn't be better. Malcolm and I had turned into the couple that people couldn't stand to be around which had become hard for the others now that four members of the family had become animals.
I, myself, hadn't been feeling that great though. Every time I woke up, I had the sudden urge to be sick, though nothing ever happened. Malcolm hadn't seemed to notice so I hadn't began to worry. I kept on getting headaches and my mood was always off. But that wasn't the big thing.
I hadn't felt my wolf. I had tried to shift yesterday and I couldn't feel it raise inside of me. My mind started to wonder with possibilities. Perhaps it felt missed because Malcolm had marked me, though that didn't make any sense. Maybe I had disowned it by accident but I had no idea how to even do that. I would have asked Malcolm about it but I didn't want to worry him. He could barely handle his own wolf issues let alone mine. So I decided to do with most problems I didn't have answers to. Ignore it.
"What are you thinkin' about, Little Wolf?" Malcolm asked me, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.
Not wanting to worry him, I answered, "How much I want you to plat my hair?"
He chuckled, not noticing my lie as I lowered myself to the ground in front of me.
"Malcolm, I didn't know you could plat hair," Amy said, sitting up in interest on the other lounge.
"I'm sure there's a lot you don't know about me, Amy," Malcolm stated, splitting my hair into three groups.
"So, can you braid or just plat?" she asked.
"I can do one braid, two braids, fish tail, anythin'," he told her.
To me, she asked, "Does he pull?"
I opened my mouth to answer, when Malcolm jumped in, "Just remember, I do have your hair in my grip."
I giggled, "He's very gentle."
"Blink twice if that was a lie."
Without thinking, I blinked twice making Amy giggle.
"She blinked, didn't she?" Malcolm asked, causing me to giggle along with her.
"Hey," Liv called as her and Allie came into the room.
Allie gasped, "You're plattin' hair and you didn't call me. How dare you, Brother?"
"I'm sorry, Allie. It was a spare of the moment thin'," he told her, trying to contain his chuckles.
"You told me I was the only one," she said, dramatically, flopping down on the lounge with a giggling Amy.
"Face it Allie, he found love," Liv told her leaning on the back of their lounge.
I did like Liv. Over the past six weeks we had become very close. We were the same age and I was a little past the whole clubbing stage unlike Amy and Allie so we had bonded pretty quickly.
"Well, I better be next," Allie warned.
"Then me," Amy said, sitting up at attention, "Liv you have to get your hair braided too."
"Okay," Liv said, as if she was bullied into it but her smile told me that she was fine to be a part of it.
So that's what Malcolm did. He finished my hair, then braided Allie and Amy was next as promised.
He was half way through Liv's hair when the boys came in, sporting the same stunned and confused look.
"What on earth is goin' on?" Callum asked, his eyes flicking between Malcolm and the four girls that surrounded him.
"Looks like our brother is gettin' in touch with his feminie side," Graham muttered under his breath making Archie snicker.
"Oh, don't listen to him Malcolm," Amy said, shifting closer to Malcolm.
"He's just jealous," I said, following Amy's lead.
"This," Archie started pointing at Malcolm, "This does somethin' for you?"
Amy shrugged, pouting, "I don't know. What do you think Liv?"
"Oh defiantly."
"There's nothin' like a man who can plat a woman's hair and be so secure with his sexuality," I added.
"Your enjoyin' this, aren't you Brother?" Archie asked.
Malcolm shrugged, shaking his head, "I don't know what you're talkin' about."
"Hey, Honey," I said, starting to play with his hair, "Do you know that watchin' you plat Liv's hair is doin' wonders for me?"
"Really?" he asked, growing a smirk as the girls stifled their giggles, "you know there's thin's I just can't do in front of my siblings."
I pouted, "Really?"
He bit his lip, torn between wanting to kiss me and his siblings' watchful eyes.
"I've got to learn how to plat," Graham muttered making everyone snicker.
"Come on, Amy," Allie said, jumping conversation as she stood, "you said that you would help me pick out an outfit for tonight."
"Oh right," Amy said jumping up with her.
"What's on tonight?" Liv asked, curious.
"Allie's going on a date," Amy answered.
I couldn't help but be surprised. Allie wasn't the type to go on dates. Hooking up with guys, yes.
"What?" I asked, surprised that I hadn't heard about it till now.
"I'm sick of bein' the only single one in this house," she said causing Graham to frown.
"I'm single," he stated.
"By choice," she reminded him, making him shrug, "anyway, so I asked Amy to set me up with someone."
Archie frowned, "but, Amy doesn't know anyone."
"I know people," Amy stated offended.
Archie opened his mouth to get more out of her when Graham asked, "Who's the unsuspectin' man whose soul you will be rippin' apart?"
Allie gaze immediately fell to Amy, who slightly shook her head.
I didn't really notice until Archie asked, "Princess, what is it?"
Amy instantly looked like a child that had been caught scrambling through its older siblings things.
"Princess," he started more sternly as the others started to pick up on her weird mood, "who's this friend that you have set my sister up with."
Amy's head instantly dropped and she mumbled the syllables, "J-s-in."
"What?" Liv asked.
"Jus-in."
"Justin!" Archie bellowed, making me jump which caused Malcolm to chuckle, "you set my sister up with a vampire!"
Amy shrugged, "he's a great guy."
"Great guy, great guy!" Archie roared, stepping forward.
To Amy's credit, she didn't look scared. In fact, she looked pissed that she was being yelled at when everyone was stepping back, not sure of what to do.
"No, no, no. Let's skip past the fact that you're settin' my sister up with a vampire, but why the hell are you still in contact with a man that gave you a concussion!"
"He wasn't the one that gave me the concussion. You did! You're the idiot that through him off me and threatened to kill him!"
"He was goin' to feed on you!"
"I have no idea what's goin' on. Do you?" I muttered under my breath.
"Before Amy and Archie got together, even before Amy knew about our secret. She was goin' to hook up with a vampire before Archie stopped him. She tried to get Archie off him but she tripped and hit her head."
"Oo, the plot thickens," I cooed.
"See, they agree with me!" Archie yelled, getting our attention.
"No they don't. Tarna is confused and Malcolm is just explaining things to her!" Amy yelled back.
"Princess, if I wasn't so pissed right now, I would kiss you."
"Well that's never stopped you before!"
And in a blink of an eye, they had their tongue in each other throats, kissing like they would if they were the only two people in the room.
I sighed, feeling overwhelmed with their passionate emotions.
"I really have no idea what to do with that," I admitted flopping back against Malcolm.
He chuckled, kissing the top of my head.
"Try livin' with it," Callum groaned.
"They were worse," Graham told me, "least they can shag to keep the tension at bay. Even if it's soul scarrin'," he cringe.
Malcolm chuckled next to me and I wanted to chuckle too. But my jaw suddenly felt slack and my cheeks started to burn.
"Tarna?" I heard Callum's voice, "you're as white as a sheet."
"Um," I mumbled, my breath suddenly thickening to try and take away my stirring stomach
"Tarna?" Malcolm asked, worry dripping in his voice.
"I'm fine, I'm -," before I could finish, I was on my knees coughing up everything inside my stomach. 
"Archie, call for a maid," Callum's voice echoed in the background.
Stop, stop, stop! I yelled to myself, but it didn't listen. 
"It's okay, Little Wolf," I heard Malcolm say before I felt a slight tug of my hair and rubbing on my back, "just let it all out."
"By the looks of thin's, she doesn't have a choice."
"Shut it, Graham!" Malcolm growled at his brother.
"Oh god," I groaned, my voice shaking as my hand reached for something to grab. Instantly, Malcolm took it.
"I just vomited on the floor of the library, didn't I?" I asked, though I already knew the answer, as I tried to avoid everyone's eyes.
"Aye," Graham bluntly told me.
I groaned again, taking my hand back and dropping my head in it.
"Graham, if you're not goin' to help, go away," I heard Malcolm growl, continuing to rub my back.
After a couple of moments of silence, the door opened and closed.
I heard Archie mutter something but my racing heart had blocked my ears.
"M-Malcolm," I shuttered, my tongue not working in-sync with my brain.
"I'm here, my darlin'," he told me.
"I-I'm sorry a-about the carpet," I said feeling my eyes fill with tears as my cheeks burned.
"Don't worry about it?" Liv told me, though I wouldn't.
"I've always hated it," Callum reassured me.
"Tarna, you're shakin'," Malcolm told me, but I knew.
I would have thought that I would be on the verge of shifting if I could feel my wolf raise inside of me. But I didn't.
Before I knew it, uncontrollable tears fell from my eyes.
"Malcolm, take her back to your room," Callum told his brother.
"Aye, of course," Malcolm said, scooping me up in his arms.
I groaned at the sudden movement but welcomed the feel of Malcolm's body, holding me close to him.
And just as my eyes closed, the black took over.