Chapter 33

Chapter 33
Tarna
When I opened up my eyes, I had no idea where I was. I was no longer in the trees just outside of the castle where Liv's and Callum's reception was being held. I no longer felt the cool breeze against my cheeks or heard the sweet sound of the birds in the trees trying to match the song that was being played by the band. I couldn't feel Malcolm's presence and I felt utterly alone.
A smooth cool and hard surface numbed my cheek as I leaned up against it. I wasn't sure if I was leaning against it because I felt an incrible force holding me down on it when I tried to move. Was I lyin' down? But I don't remember fallin' asleep?
Wherever I was, it was dark and the only way I could see was if I was using my other set of eyes. Rolling onto my back, I frowned when I spied a roof. It was meters from my head. It was only then that I realized the space of this place. There wasn't anything touching me and the only source of furniture were what seemed like booths that lined the side of the walls. Was I in a club?
Rolling half onto my belly, I looked up and spied a bar that protected the alcohol safely behind it. It was a club.
"I see you're finally awake."
My head shot towards the booths spying the deep bloody red eyes of the man that had done this. He sat, not looking at me, drinking what I could only tell by the smell was rum.
"Where am I?" I asked, holding my belly, as I moved to a better sitting position.
"My club," he told me.
I shook my head in denial, "no, we can't be. We were at Faol Coillie."
"Aye and now we're here. All alone. Just you and me."
If any words could make me feel like death was knocking on my door, it were them. God, I felt like I was in space. Like not even super hearing could hear me scream if I did now. I felt completely cut from everything that I knew and there was no way in reaching them.
Instantly, I started looking for an escape. There was a door to my right; perhaps that led somewhere. And a set of double doors that look like they were an exit of some sort.
Just as I thought I could make a run for it, Hector said, "There's no way of escaping, there's nowhere out, Little Wolf."
I narrowed my eyes at him, moving to my feet. How dare he call me that? A name that was only allowed to be spoken by my mate.
"That's what he calls you, isn't it?" he asked, not expecting an answer, "At least that's what I heard him call you so many times before."
I frowned, taking a careful step forward without meaning to.
"You mean, you followed us?" I asked, feeling my heart start to race.
He didn't nod, just took a sip of his drink.
"Sit down," he ordered, not looking at me.
I shook my head, "No way in hell am I goin' anywhere near you."
"Sit. Down. Little Wolf," he ordered, growing more animal-like by the minute, "If you wish to return to your over-protective mate again, I suggest that you do as your told."
I swallowed, feeling a tiny bit scared. Hell, I was a lot scared. I was sitting across from the most evil man in the history of the world. I bet he could give Hitler a run for his money. And yet, I had nothing but my words to keep me and my wolf cub protected. And that wasn't much. Not when this person could shift into a murderous wolf and rip me to shreds.
Containing my fear, I asked, "So you did follow us?"
"Aye, I did. I watched as you two talked, I watched as you tried to force his wolf to take over and you kissin' him to make him stay himself. I watched, as he walked away from you, time and time again, only to return to you. And I watched as the two of you, rolled in the mud together as if you two didn't have a care in the world."
Somehow he had tainted all my happy memories of Malcolm and I before we had mated. Knowing that he was watching our every step made everything seem sick and unclean.
"If I knew that you were Malcolm Patterson's mate the last time I had you, I could have had real fun with you," he growled.
My eyes narrowed at him, "I think the time we shared is good enough. We didn't have to do anythin' else."
"Why Little Wolf, are you ashamed of my art work? I thought your body was quite well after I was done with it."
"God, you're a foul creature, aren't you?" I growled, "You make me sick."
"Have a drink," he suggested, "It will make you feel better."
Just as he glided the bottle over to me, I thought about taking it till I remembered that I couldn't. Besides, knowing that his mouth had been on it was a clear no go as well.
"Do as you are asked, Little Wolf?" he growled again.
"You are not my Alpha," I snarled, knowing that his orders didn't work on me, "And I am not goin' to submit and be yours. Do you hear me?"
"You will do as you are told because I am the alpha that holds your life in my hands, do you understand?" he asked me, making my eyes narrow even more, "And when I tell you to drink, you drink."
I shook my head, realizing that I would have to if I were to get out of this alive. I took the tiniest sip that I could manage, not even enough that I would have to swallow. But the tiny drop burned my throat, causing me to cough a little. I slid the bottle back to him, not wanting any more.
"You're not as strong as you were. You're not usin' that ugly little mouth of yours."
I bit the inside of my cheek to stop from saying everything that was on my mind. Instead I stayed quiet, knowing that it wasn't just my life that hung in the balance right now.
"Was it somethin' that Malcolm couldn't stand?" he asked, trying to get a raise out of me, "Did he tame you like you would a cat? Make you Patterson worthy."
"Malcolm loves me," I snapped before I could stop myself, "And if that's your plan, kidnap me in hope of leadin' him here then I'm sorry but he won't come. Malcolm's smart, he'll no that's it's a trap."
It was more than a hope than truth because I knew that he would track me half way around the world if he needed to.
Hector chuckled, knowing that I was lying, "You clearly don't know your own Patterson. Aye, he might figure it out. He might even figure out that it was I that took you. But he will come."
"Why should he?" I growled, "if he figures out that you have me than he will assume that I'm already dead. He won't risk his life for someone that is already gone."
Again he laughed, seeing through my lie upon lie, "You really don't know your own mate. He will come for you no matter if your dead or alive and if he's not comin' for you, he's comin' for that thin' that you call a baby."
"I call it a baby because it is a baby," I growled, clutching my belly.
"Not to him," he corrected, "He only sees it as somethin' that is apart of him. And the only reason why he wishes to protect it, is because he's afraid of loosin' himself again. It's not love, Malcolm Patterson doesn't love you."
Don't listen to him Tarna, I told myself, think about what Malcolm told you earlier.
See the thing is Tarna, you have made my life brighter than I ever thought it could be. Callum and Liv vowed their love to each other in front of us today but I want to vow mine to you now.
Hold on to that, I told myself, it's the only way you will survive this.
I needed to start being smart like Hector. I couldn't rely on my wolf and I couldn't rely on Malcolm finding me because I doubt he would. I needed to get myself out of here. I needed to protect my wolf cub.
Finding my courage, I muttered, "I bet that's what Bonnie thought."
"Excuse me?" he snapped, instantly catching the bait.
"You think that I don't know? I know that you would beat her. I know that you had ruined her for every man that would ever love her. You killed her –."
"Malcolm Patterson killed her!" he roared.
"You did!" I shouted, "You poisoned her! You made him kill her! You took her life and you took his!"
"You shut up!" he growled more animal than human, "You shut up or you will wish that you had!"
But I couldn't stop, not now that I had started.
"Malcolm told me that she had tried for a life with you, but you ruined it. How could you beat your mate?" I asked.
He stood and took careful steps towards me. I could see the pain and anger in his eyes and knowing that I had caused that made me want to continue. I didn't even see the bottle that was clutched so tightly in his hands.
"How could you beat her knowin' that you were takin' away that light in her eyes? How could –?"
The world went black.