Chapter 5

Luke's point of view

After our Dad left Christina said, "You should probably get some sleep little brother, I'm guessing you had an eventful day"

"That's an understatement." I grumbled.

she laughed and said "The first day usually is, if you're lucky things calm down a bit after that."

I obviously wasn't lucky. I got changed and went to bed, but not long after I fell asleep I dreamed.

I couldn't tell where I was the place was too dark but I heard voices.

the first voice said "Are our forces nearly ready to attack?"

at the same time three voices said "Yes my lord."

The first voice said "very well you march in two days, those foolish Olympians won't know what hit them when we wipe out their precious heroes."

After that statement I woke with a start, wide awake now I rushed out of the cabin still in my pajamas and ran to the big house.

I burst through the door and shouted "Chiron!"

I heard him coming, and when he came into view I couldn't help but notice that he had curlers in his tail.

He said "What is it my boy?"

I was so freaked out I couldn't talk in complete sentences I said "dream... Bad...attack"

I somehow managed to calm down and then I explained my dream.

Chiron paled and said, "Go back to your cabin and try and get some more sleep. I will contact the gods in the morning and we can have a war council."

I did as he asked even though I didn't think I would be able to fall back to sleep.

I was still wide awake when Christina woke up in the morning. We got ready and then went to breakfast we sacrificed some of our food to Dad and then went back to our table. During breakfast I noticed a girl around my age with wavy black hair and light brown eyes staring at me from the Hermes table. When I looked at her she blushed and looked away.

Partway through breakfast Chiron announced the war council. Everyone started talking and muttering confused about why there would even be a war council when as far as they knew there wasn't a war going on.

Christina said "War council but we aren't even in a war."

I answered "Sorry Sis but we will be."

"How do you know?" she asked me.

I simply said "Dream." and she nodded understanding.

We headed to the big house where we all sat around the ping pong table in the rec room which seemed weird to me since that seemed like an odd place to have a serious conversation.

On the way in the head councillor for the Ares cabin asked me "What are you doing here kid? You're not a head councillor."

I couldn't decide how to answer but Chiron saved me he said "He is here because he brought the issue we will be discussing to my attention; Luke here had a dream that showed people discussing an attack on the camps."

At those words the room was in chaos.

One girl with black wavy hair and electric blue eyes said "Who is it this time?"

everyone was talking

Malcolm said "It can't be Gaea."

Chiron was struggling to get everyone to quiet down when he finally managed to get everyone quieted down he said