Chapter 45

Luke's point of view

My dad lead me past various Palaces Temples, and other buildings, as we walked I looked around taking it all in. He noticed me looking around and said "Impressive isn't it?" I nodded and then said "Yeah, but then again you would hardly expect a city for the gods to be anything less." Slightly amused my dad shrugged and said "True." I nearly walked into him when he suddenly stopped in front of one of the palaces, and the gates to the palace swung open. "Yours?" I asked, although thinking back on it, it should have been obvious. In reply to my question he said "Yep." and began walking toward the palace. It wasn't as grand as some I had seen, but it was still grander than others. Once we were inside and sitting down he asked "What did you want to talk about?" I got the feeling that he already suspected the answer but asked anyway.

I asked "Dad I know who you are now but people often mention events from your past..." "And you don't have a clue what they're talking about." My dad finished a hint of amusement on his face. I nodded. He said "Well Son my past is a rather long story." I said "We have time." "Yep all the time in the world." My dad said while smirking. I said "Ego much Dad?" He just laughed, and then he ruffled my hair. "Dad." I whined he chuckled and said "What it's not like it wasn't messy already." I huffed in annoyance. While he chuckled again.

He started saying, "As you already know I wasn't always a god. When I found out I was a demigod it wasn't a good time to be a child of the big three, years before during world war two a Prophecy was issued that said that a child of the big three who lived to the age of sixteen would make a decision that would either save or destroy Olympus.

When they learned of this prophecy Zeus forced Hades and your grandfather into taking an oath not to have any more demigod children." I snorted and said "Obviously they broke it." My dad said "actually Hades didn't break his oath, but the other two did." "What about Nico wouldn't he have been born after the oath?" My dad said "Nope after the oath was made Hades had Nico's and his sister's memories wiped and put them in the lotus hotel and casino in Vegas.

"His sister?" I said surprised. My dad's expression saddened, he said "Yes she became a hunter of Artemis, and she died while on a quest." "You were on that quest" I said guessing the reason for his solemn mood. He nodded, and then continued saying "The lotus hotel is magical, once you go in, you lose track of time, you don't age, and some of the people in there think they have just been there for a few weeks or months, but they have actually been there for years.

So my dad continued telling me his story, and that of his two friends that he named me after. When he finished I could understand why everyone was always praising him, and why the gods had deemed him worthy of becoming a god. He had done more than any other hero in history.

"When did you get that?" my dad asked indicating the Neman lion's pelt that I had set aside. I said "During the battle." my dad said "I l guessed that much, but what happened?" I said "Ask Nico he can tell you." After that statement obvious concern showed on his face. He said "Son Whatever happened none of it was your fault."

I nodded but I wasn't so sure. He said "Now that the war is over you'll be able to find out just how fun camp can really be." I nodded again but I couldn't stop thinking about Scooter and Christina, two people that I had cared about but hadn't saved. My dad said "Luke, I just want you to know how proud of you I am. I know I've said it before but you have faced even more challenges since then." Like I had the time before I said "Thanks dad." And then I said "I think I'm going to visit mom before I go back to camp." My dad nodded and said "You should probably let Chiron know before you go so he doesn't get back to camp, notice you missing and get worried. He's probably around here somewhere." I nodded going off to find Chiron before I left to see my mother.

Percy's Point of view

I knew that I missed amber a lot all those years that we had been apart, and more recently I realized that Amber had been in the same situation. I had suspected as much, but I hadn't been sure until I heard it from her and Luke. I wasn't completely surprised when Luke didn't know what to ask for at the rewards ceremony, but I was surprised by him basically telling me to get back with Amber. I knew that Amber and I both still loved and missed each other, but I didn't know we were that obvious about it. Apparently we were though. 

I knew there was something bothering Luke, I got the feeling that he had lost someone besides Christina. I could tell that Luke didn't want to talk about it so I didn't push him, I knew that in time he would be ready to talk about it, in the meantime I would ask Nico about it since apparently he knew what happened.

Whatever happened I would try and help Luke through it, I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, I knew that I would do what I could to be there for him and try and help him through it. After Luke left I got bored of just sitting in my palace, so I left and headed back toward the celebrations. Like always, I would sometimes notice nymphs or minor goddesses eyeing me but I ignored them, for one nymphs aren't really my type, and secondly I only had eyes for one woman, and she was also the mother of my son.

I want her to become my wife, I knew that if do get married I would never be with anyone else. Due to my being god of loyalty I am obviously extremely loyal, so once I am in a relationship with someone, I cannot leave them, except for under certain circumstances. I wouldn't anyway, because even before I became a god I was always loyal to those I care about, but the job description also requires it.

You may be wondering how I convinced Hades to Allow Luke to visit Elysium. For one by doing so we were technically breaking some ancient laws, the living aren't supposed to be allowed to visit the dead. That's why we discussed it using mental communication. The reason why I had been able to convince Hades to go along with it was because we are on pretty good terms, and Hades still owed me a couple favors. He had been reluctant at first but he obviously gave in. Yeah Hades and I had gotten past the multiple times he tried to kill me while I was a demigod, and we get along pretty well.

As I stood not far from the still ongoing celebrations I continued to think about what had happened and what might happen in the future. Due to the fact that I was distracted I barely noticed when my dad walked up to me. "Not celebrating?" he asked "Not really in the mood." I said once again. Well that and the fact that I try and avoid drinking, because Dionysus and I aren't exactly on the best of terms so who knows what he might do just to amuse himself, and make a fool out of me.

My dad said "Where did Luke go?" I answered "He left, he was going to go visit his mother before heading back to camp." My dad nodded and then said "You know, if you are still planning on marrying her, I would like to meet her before you will get my vote to agree with it." I sighed and said "Seriously dad." Obvious amusement on his face he said "Yes I think I deserve to meet my future daughter in law, before she becomes my daughter in law. Besides the girl you were with before her broke your heart, are you sure that won't happen again?" I said "Yes dad I'm sure. Amber wouldn't do that, besides if she was going to get over me she would have already, we were apart for twelve years after all." He said "I just don't want you to get hurt again son."

I said "Overprotective much dad?" he smiled sheepishly, but to be honest I didn't mind how protective he was of me. I always knew I was lucky to have such a caring godly parent. I resigned myself to the fact that he was stubborn and agreed to let him and mom meet amber before I announce the fact that I wish to marry to the council. Before I let dad meet her though I would visit her myself to make sure she hasn't changed her mind, and if she hasn't to tell her about dad basically insisting on meeting her. I figure that Luke had probably updated her on what had been going on as soon as he got to their apartment so I probably wouldn't have to do that.