Chapter 20

Luke's point of view

I sliced through one monster after another, but it wasn't doing much good. there were just too many of them. Hudson was having a hard time against the blonde, and scooter hadn't defeated the guy yet either.  We continued to fight, slash, duck parry, dodge repeat. I was beginning to think this would be the end when a large silvery figure appeared off to my left. He was about ten feet tall, with silver hair and eyes; he carried a spear that I assumed that he wouldn't hesitate to use.  I guessed from looking at him that he was a titan, but what was strange about him was that there was a cat resting on his shoulder. He made a loud war cry and charged.

I thought we were done for but shockingly he didn't charge at us but at the monsters. He sliced through the monsters with so much strength and speed that I was glad that he had charged at the monsters and not us.  Between him and me, we killed all the monsters that attacked us, but he had killed most of them.

After the monsters were gone I noticed that Hudson had been knocked out, and it looked like he had acquired some new cuts and bruises. After the monsters were gone the titan headed toward the two enemy demigods. I thought that he would kill them but I watched as he just knocked them out. While I was still in shock Scooter spoke up he said "Who are you? And why would you help us you're a titan?"

The titan said, "I am Bob, and I am a good Titan." 

This didn't decrease my confusion if anything it increased it. He looked like how the Titan Iapetus was described, and If I remembered correctly Iapetus was the Titan of mortality and violent death, and one of his titles was the Piercer. I couldn't see how he could be a good titan but suddenly I remembered the line from the prophecy that said that we would find an unexpected ally. did that mean Iapetus?   

Scooter seemed to be thinking, and then he asked, "why would you help us?" 

 Bob answered, "You needed help and he reminded me of a friend." 

when he said that he pointed toward me.  That made me wonder how I reminded him of a friend the only idea that made sense was that he knows my dad, but gods and titans almost never get along, and how would he know him? While we were still trying to decide whether or not to trust him he noticed Hudson still unconscious he walked over to him.

As he walked over to him our grip on our weapons tightened, but we didn't attack. When he reached him he said, "Owie" and put his hand on him and healed him.  

After that I glanced at Scooter, I said, "Let's give him a chance, if he turns on us we will either have to defeat him or ditch him."

  Scooter nodded agreeing. As we were talking Bob walked back toward us he noticed our cuts and bruises, nothing major but he still healed us. 

Shortly after this Hudson woke up. He saw the titan that hadn't left and grabbed his sword. We told him not to attack, he looked at us like we were nuts but he still listened. We explained what had happened and he accepted our decision to trust the titan for now, and still be cautious. After that was settled I asked, "How are we going to get to Alcatraz?"

  Scooter asked, "Hudson can you shadow travel us there?"

 He shook his head and said, "No if I did that I wouldn't be much use in a fight." 

 We nodded understanding.    Then Bob spoke up, he said, "I could get you there, I can help."

We exchanged looks still not sure whether to trust him or not. If we were wrong and he was working for Tartarus he could send us right into a trap or something, but the prophecy did say we would find an unexpected ally so maybe we can trust him.

I made my decision but I wasn't sure how to address him, I'm not sure how to talk to a friendly titan. I turned to him and said, "You said that you can get us to Alcatraz?" 

he said "Of course, Bob helps"

 then he sent us all to the Island.

When we got there, there were no tourists on the island or anything it was completely vacant, it was like the mortals had sensed that there was something weird going on here. I quickly realized that Bob had accompanied us to the island; I guess he wanted to continue helping us.