Chapter 25

Annabeth's Point of view

I agreed to work for Tartarus on the condition that when we win I will be made immortal and that Percy will be mine. I never should have dumped him in the first place, but it's too late to change that. Now I have to get him back however I can. The fact that as soon as I left him the entire camp that was once my home turned on me, as if I never did any of the things that I did.

They forgot everything I did in the blink of an eye and betrayed me. I had put everything that happened when I was in Tartarus behind me, and Tartarus had given me his blessing so I have new powers, I used to completely rely on fighting skills and strategy.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this though, I couldn't bring myself to damage Thalia's tree, nor could I kill any of the demigods in the battle. I was also sent with a force of monsters and another demigod called Demetrius, to try and stop a quest that was sent from Camp half-blood to rescue Piper and Persephone. When we were approaching them one of the three boys caught my attention. The boy looked to be around twelve with black hair, but his eyes were what really got my attention. I had only seen eyes like that on one person, and that was the man that I want.

There was only one explanation for that, it could only mean that Percy had been with someone else not long after I left him. Probably some of those times I practically begged him to take me back he was already with her whoever she is. Obviously she was either a mortal or a demigod, but most likely a mortal since now that I think about it there was a rumor going around twelve years ago about him dating a mortal woman but I hadn't really believed that it could be true. I suppose that I just refused to believe it.

I realized that since he was with someone else he must be over me, and my attempts to get him back did nothing but annoy him. And my turning on them had most likely made him even angrier at me, and most likely hurt my mother. I realized just how much of an idiot I had been. I said things I shouldn't have and was blinded by my feelings.

The only real reason why I joined Tartarus was because I wanted vengeance and Percy. But I realized I had been in the wrong the entire time, I also started to stop blaming the camps for my situation it was my own fault. I got myself into this. Now I have to get out of it. I suspect that Demetrius is having second thoughts as well maybe we can get out of this together. I just worry what the gods will do if we do get out of this; I mean we betrayed them for Tartarus. I have to make a plan, and not a stupid one this time either.

Percy's point of view

The next couple of days passed without much going on we continued to train the demigods, and were pretty much ready for anything. The only problem was that we didn't really have any idea how to restore camp half-blood's borders Khione refused to fix them saying she could only freeze things not thaw them. We couldn't let Leo try since he might burn the tree down instead of thawing it out. We were kind of out of ideas.

We were also trying to predict Tartarus's next move, how would he attack next and who would he attack with? We really didn't know and that worried us. At least we had caught the only minor gods that had turned on us since Khione and Triton were the only ones.

We wondered if like Kronos had he would find some way to distract us gods forcing the demigods to fight without us. We also wondered if his next target would be Olympus itself since he seemed to be mostly leaving the camps alone, most likely preparing for his next attack.

After I finished teaching sword classes each day I would help Luke train with his powers. At camp I often heard the campers comparing him to me, which I knew would most likely make him feel like he had to live up to what I did, but I would be content if he never did half the things I have done.

I just hope the fates agree, but so far it seems that they don't since he has already fought several of the same monsters that I did, was thrust into a war at age twelve, and he just went on and completed a quest albeit with some help from Bob. But then again the prophecy basically said that they would get help.

One day after I finished helping Luke with his powers he asked me "Is there any way I could talk to mom without leaving camp, I know that we aren't supposed to use Phones but I'd like to talk to her?" 

I was kind of surprised that nobody had told him about Iris messaging yet. So I told him about it, created a rainbow and threw in a drachma asking if we could see Amber. Technically I don't have to give a drachma now, but I still do it out of habit.