Chapter 16

Poseidon's point of view

Sally and I were sitting in the throne room when there was a knock on the throne room door. I said "Come in" and when the door opened in walked Percy, he was smiling but I could tell that it didn't quite reach his eyes. He said "I thought I would stop by, and I brought someone that I think you would both like to meet."

I'm pretty sure we both guessed who he meant and then our suspicions were confirmed when Luke stepped out from behind Percy. When Sally saw him she got off her throne and ran over to him and Percy, I don't think I have ever seen her move that fast. 

Anyway we introduced ourselves to him, Luke recognized me from the time that I had given him his sword. But since he hadn't yet been introduced to our world I couldn't tell him who I really was. We talked for a while and I figured that Luke wouldn't be coming here very often I thought Tyson might want to meet him so I brought Tyson in to meet him as well. I wasn't surprised when after they were introduced Tyson ran over and hugged him. Of course as usual Tyson was hugging him a bit too hard, and Luke just managed to say "can't breathe." and Tyson let go. I could tell that as that was going on Percy was stifling laughter, since he is usually on the receiving end of Tyson's hugs.

  Luke thanked Tyson for his shield and we continued to talk. At times Percy's usual self would shine through. Lately he seemed less cheerful than usual just pretending that he was his normal self.  The reason for that was obvious enough but no one mentioned it not wanting to dampen the mood. 

I was considering doing something for Luke, I knew Percy wouldn't mind but my brother might not like it once he learns of it, but then again I don't really care what Zeus thinks we'll deal with him when the time comes. I turned to Luke and said "I have decided to give you my blessing, will you accept?"

He was surprised, well surprised is probably an understatement but he managed to say "of course I will thank you."  I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him my blessing afterward I explained what his new powers were.  He already had some of the sea related abilities from Percy but he gained the ability to speak to marine and equestrian animals, and to make hurricanes. 

Percy was also rather surprised at my choice to bless his son. But I got the feeling that Luke might end up being nearly as great a hero as Percy is considering that he had helped Percy defeat my counterpart giant Polybotes. He had also defeated numerous monsters during the battle as well as the Minotaur and the laistrygonian giants that had attacked him at his school.

Suddenly a merman burst into the room. He said "My apologies my lord, but there is a large force approaching from the east. "Styx" Percy and I cursed at the same time after we realized we had said the exact same thing at the exact same time we laughed, while sally shook her head at us. She had given up trying to get us to stop cussing a couple of years ago deciding we were a lost cause.

We sobered up quickly though since we were facing a new battle.  Tyson looked at me asking a silent question and I nodded, he left to gather and prepare the cyclopses for battle.  Percy turned to Luke and said "Head back to camp, tell Chiron what happened down here. I'm staying to help."

Luke replied "No I want to help too." Percy said "We'll be fine, now go!"  Luke said "Dad Please" Percy said "No I just lost Christina I can't lose you too."  Luke gave us pleading looks as if looking for one of us to back him up, but I said "Listen to him we'll be fine."  "Fine!" Luke said annoyed and went out the door.

After he was gone I looked at Percy and asked "Did that remind you of anything?" he blushed and said "Maybe." I snickered at him it certainly reminded me of a similar argument I had with him during the second Titan war when he wanted to help with the battle against Oceanus, but I had made him return to Camp where he was needed most.