Chapter 28

Percy's Point of view

After Annabeth and Demetrius walked out of the throne room we began discussing what we should do next based on the new information we had gotten from Annabeth and Demetrius. It seemed to me the best plan would be the same as we had done in the second Titan war, except this time I believed that we would definitely need more forces, also we meaning the gods would have to help whether we like it or not.

The demigods can't win this without us I am sure of it. The problem would be convincing Zeus to let us all help, though. As I was thinking about all of this Zeus was saying that since Camp Jupiter had more campers that they could possibly spare a cohort, or a few veterans to help camp half-blood while the rest of the legion attacks Tartarus's base. That was a good Idea but it wouldn't be enough we have to help them.

I mentally contacted the gods that I figured would agree with me. And told them that I believed that we would have to help the demigods as well. I was sure that they would need our help in order to win this war. Since I wasn't exactly Zeus's favorite council member Athena was going to propose the idea of us helping the demigods. Hopefully having the idea suggested by one of his children, who also happens to be the goddess of wisdom would make him more likely to agree.

So Athena spoke up, she looked at Zeus and said, "Father, I believe that we will have to Help our children in the upcoming battles. based on what my daughter and the Son of Hermes said I believe that Tartarus will be sending far more than the demigods can handle on their own since he has both the titans and the giants working for him."

Zeus frowned, he seemed to be thinking. He finally said, "All in favor of helping our children in this war." 

Everyone voted for it except for Zeus, Hera, and Dionysus. Dionysus was asleep, no surprise there. 

Zeus said, "Very well, we will assist our children. Meeting dismissed."

After that statement everyone teleported away, Hermes was going to inform the Romans of the new information we had gained, and I got to take Annabeth and Demetrius to camp, oh wonderful note sarcasm. This will be awkward. I walked out of the throne room and then transported myself, Annabeth and Demetrius to camp half blood.

When we appeared on Half-blood hill the border guard raised their weapons, until they saw me that is. But they instead pointed their weapons at Annabeth and Demetrius. I looked to the guards and said "Stand down, they are no longer our enemies. They have sworn on the Styx not to betray us again and that they would fight with us in the battles that are to come. They will be staying here from now on." 

Some of the guards tried to protest but I raised my hand for silence and continued speaking.

"Annabeth and Demetrius do have a history of betraying their friends and family but they now regret the mistakes they have made in the past and wish to redeem themselves."

 The guards moved aside and let us pass but I am pretty sure that they weren't happy about letting Annabeth and Demetrius through.

Luke's point of view

I was walking through camp when I noticed that there was a crowd near half-blood hill, this confused me. If there was an attack the alarm horns would have gone off but they hadn't, what was going on? Out of curiosity I walked toward the crowd and tried to see what was going on.

I recognized all three people that were there, one was my dad the other two were the two demigods that had attacked us with the small army of monsters while we were on our quest. If Bob hadn't shown up we wouldn't have defeated them. What were they doing here? And why was my dad with them?

My questions were answered when he spoke he explained that the two were no longer working for Tartarus and had sworn their loyalty to the gods, he also said that they regretted the mistakes they had made in the past and wished to redeem themselves.

I am kind of hesitant to trust them considering the fact that the blond was part of the army that attacked the camp and they both attacked us while we were on our quest. I was kind of surprised when my father already knew their names, but then again he can probably learn a demigod's name and parentage just by looking at them since one of his domains is heroes. Reluctantly the guards let the two demigods through, and my dad headed toward the big house I assume he was looking for Chiron.

I headed toward the sword arena to practice. As I expected as soon as I walked through the door Mrs. O' Leary jumped on me and started licking me from head to toe. it was kind of gross but I tolerated it. Nico di Angelo had explained that she used to be my dad's pet but now that he was a god he couldn't keep her so Nico had agreed to take care of her for him.

Apparently, my dad would occasionally visit her when he visits camp as well. Nico thinks that she took a liking to me because I reminded her of my Dad. Whether that's the reason or not she jumps on me every time I go into the arena. When Mrs. O'Leary finally got off me I went over to the training dummies and started practicing.  As I hacked and slashed at the training dummies I thought about everything that had happened to me in such a short time.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that my father is a Greek god and that I would end up going to a special camp for demigods to train just before a war started. I would never have believed that I would fight in a battle or go on a quest to save two goddesses.my life was changed dramatically in a matter of a few minutes after the Laistrygonian giants attacked me at school.

I trained for a while thinking about everything that had happened to me until someone walked over to me and placed their hand on my shoulder. Out of instinct, I spun around with my sword out the person who had startled me took a step back and then I realized who had startled me.