Facts 1-30

Welcome to Volume 2 of Disney Facts! everyone :)

I took a short break to get some work done on my other stories and in general took some time off for myself. But have no fear, I took down any new facts I stumbled upon during my time off. I might hold a cover contest later, I'm not so sure about the one I made :P

Oh well. Onto the facts!

Fact #1
On June 7th 2016, Kim Possible celebrated its 14th anniversary.

Fact #2
Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda are set to star in Disney's recently announced sequel to Mary Poppins. The film is called "Mary Poppins: Returns", telling the story of everyone's favourite nanny returning to London to help with grown-up Michael Banks children. The movie is set to be released on December 25th 2018.

Fact #3
A recent release of concept art for Cars 3 introduced us to a brand new character, Cruz Ramirez. The pictures feature Lightning and Cruz racing each other along the coast of fog filled beach, training for an upcoming race.

Fact #4
Descendants 2 will begin filming this summer to be released in 2017.

Fact #5
Kenny Ortega is returning as the director, executive producer, and choreographer for Descendants 2.

Fact #6
Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Sofia Carson, and Booboo Stewart will all reprise their roles as Mal, Carlos, Evie, and Jay for Descendants 2.

Fact #7
Descendants 2 will feature China Anne McClain, playing the role of Uma, the daughter of Ursula the Sea Witch. You may remember her as China Parks from Disney Channel's A.N.T. Farm.

Fact #8
Descendants 2 will also feature the children of Gaston and Captain Hook, however their actors are of yet of be announced.

Fact #9
Mitchell Hope will also be reprising his role of King Ben in Descendants 2.

Fact #10
Over a million drawings were created to produce Sleeping Beauty.

Fact #11
During the 1950's, a background drawing for an animated cartoon/movie took normally an entire day, but for Sleeping Beauty, one background drawing took an entire week.

Fact #12
The many fights the Three Good Fairies would be have arguing whether or not Aurora's dress should be pink or blue, was based off several real life debates the animators had while designing the Disney Princess for the film.

Fact #13
It took the Disney Company 3 years to find the right voice actress for Princess Aurora.

Fact #14
The voice for the Queen in Sleeping Beauty was also the voice for Flora, Dumbo's mom, Fairy Godmother, and The Queen of Hearts.

Fact #15
Verna Felton who voiced Flora and the Queen from Sleeping Beauty was married to Lee Miller, the voice of Pluto, Mickey's best pal/dog.

Fact #16
It took 6 years and $6 million to create Sleeping Beauty.

Fact #17
In one of the original fairy tale versions of Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip's mother was a descendant of ogres. When Prince Phillip came out public with his marriage to Princess Aurora, his mother tried to eat Aurora and their two children during his absence.

Fact #18
In 1958, Sleeping Beauty was adapted into a comic book that appeared in the Sunday Morning newspaper. The comic appeared in over 55 cities across the U.S.A. and was read by over 40,000 people.

Fact #19
The Sleeping Beauty castle at Disneyland in California was almost going to be Snow White's castle. Walt Disney decided to change it to Sleeping Beauty's castle as a way to help promote the animated film that would be released 4 years after the opening of the theme park.

Fact #20
Sleeping Beauty was released in movie theatres in 1970, 1979, and 1986 shortly after it's release on home video.

Fact #21
Sleeping Beauty was one of the first Disney films to be released on Disney Blu-Ray.

Fact #22
The Disney Magic cruise ship from Disney's Cruise Line made it's very first stop in the United Kingdom in the history of the cruise company. The ship plans to make stops in Invergordon, Kirkwall, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Fact #23
Shanghai Disney Resort has not made public how many rides it has. However it features the new Tron roller-coaster ride, where guests are strapped to cycles resembling motorbikes.

Fact #24
The Shanghai Disney Resort features the biggest castle Disney has ever built and every one of its princesses is represented.

Fact #25
Shanghai Disney Resort has a full-sized Broadway theater where the Lion King musical will be performed for the first time in Mandarin.

Fact #26
Disney has filed paperwork with South Florida Water Management District detailing a new family raft ride that it will add at Disney World's Typhoon Lagoon water park. The new attraction will feature an elevated flume, taking up two acres that are presently not accessible to the public. The timeline of the filing would suggest that Disney will have this new water ride up and running by next summer, just as its biggest rival, Universal Studios, gears up to open an entirely new water park.

Fact #27
According to MsMojo.com, the number one Disney Restaurant is Cinderella's Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World.

Fact #28
Runner ups to MsMojo.com's Top 10 Disney Restaurants were 50's Prime Time Café at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Biergarten Restaurant at Epcot Center, Coral Reef at Epcot Center, Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, The Boathouse at Disney Springs, and the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theatre Restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Fact #29
Today (06/11/2016) is Speak Like A Whale Day.

Fact #30
You can check out Disney's official website to see the live count down to Shanghai Disneyland's opening.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! Stay Disney everyone! :D