Facts 750-780: Incredibles 2

HONEY! WHERE'S MY SUPER SUIT-- Oh, there it is! 

Who's ready to fight bad guys with Disney's greatest superhero family? I know I am! 

Let's dive in and learn some exciting facts about Incredibles 2! 

Fact #750
Director Brad Bird had stated over the years that he would only do a sequel to The Incredibles if he could come up with a story that was just as good as, or better than, its predecessor. The idea of Bob/Mr. Incredible becoming a stay-at-home dad while Helen/Elastigirl becomes the breadwinner was there from the very beginning, but it took years for Bird to come up with the perfect story to write this idea around.

Fact #751
At 1 hour and 58 minutes, Incredibles 2 is not only the longest Pixar Animation Studios film to date, but also the longest computer-animated feature film to date.

Fact #752
Instead of Incredibles 2 being released on June 21, 2019, Pixar swapped release dates with Toy Story 4, as the film was being completed ahead of schedule while the other was lagging in production, of which was initially going to be released on June 15, 2018. 

Fact #753
Reinforcing the 1960's motif from the original film, 60's era television shows like The Outer Limits (1963) and Jonny Quest (1964) can be seen on the Parr family's television in their original animation.

Fact #754
Several scenes involving the Screenslaver include rapidly flashing lights, which rose concern for potentially triggering seizures. As a result, many theaters began showing warnings for viewers who were susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy.

Fact #755
The spirals on Screenslaver's hypnosis machine form a slightly lopsided but still recognizable Mickey Mouse. 

Fact #756
As in the first movie, Frozone's wife, Honey, does not appear on screen. She is only heard yelling at her husband from off camera as he runs off to don his super suit and help the Parr Family, again, just like last time. According to Bird, Honey was initially going to appear on screen, and she even got her own character design, but ultimately, they decided it would be funnier if she remained off-screen. The character design for Honey would still be used for a background character. 

Fact #757
The first full-length Disney animated feature film to feature very mild bad language ("Hell", "damn"), as well as the words "God" and "Lord", since The Hunchback of Notre Dame in 1996. It is also the first Pixar Animation Studios film since Cars (2006) to feature such language. In that film, Lightning McQueen used the term "hillbilly hell".

Fact #758
Dash is seen eating Sugar Bombs, the Chocolate Frosted version is another hyperactive blond's favorite cereal, Calvin of "and Hobbes" fame.

Fact #759
A typo on the movie theatre marquis where Tony is dropped off towards the end of the movie reads "A113," one of the most famous recurring Easter Eggs. Several Pixar producers and animators studied at California Institute of the Arts in classroom A113 and this number appears in every Pixar film.

Fact #760
Jack-Jack's voice is archival recordings.

Fact #761
First time in a Pixar Animation Film that a protagonist is seen using a gun. Elastigirl uses one to shoot the lock on a door. 

Fact #762
When DEVTech is first revealed on screen, the sky looks similar to how the Gotham sky is portrayed and shown in most modern Batman films, and if you look to the left of the tall tower, you can see a faint Bat Signal formed in the clouds.

Fact #763
During the scene when Helen is in her hotel room and on the phone with Bob, there is an abstract painting hanging on the wall behind Helen. It features five swatches of red on a light background. Each swatch forms a shape with a likeness of the five Parr family members. The four representing Bob, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack are positioned on the left side of the painting, and the final swatch, representing Helen, alone on the right. Subtly emphasizing her separation from her family. 

Fact #764
The Safari Court where the Parr family live at during the beginning of the movie is modeled on the Safari Inn, a venerable motel (and frequent filming location) that is only a few blocks from the official headquarters of the Walt Disney Company in Burbank, California.

Fact #765
As of 2017, Incredibles 2 holds the record for the most viewed animated teaser trailer of all time, with 113 million views in the opening week. Coincidentally, the number 113 (preceded by the letter A) is a common in-joke in Pixar and other contemporary animated movies.

Fact #766
A neon sign can be briefly glimpsed which resembles the logo for the television show Jonny Quest which director Brad Bird has named as a profound influence on the world of The Incredibles.

Fact #767
In one scene, while Bob Parr is trying to help Dash with his homework, he can be seen wrangling with "New Math", describing it as making no sense at all, and exclaiming "This is Math! Why would they change Math?" New Math was a brief, dramatic change in the way mathematics was taught in American grade schools during the 1960s (the approximate time frame of the Incredibles universe) which was highly criticized and quickly fell out of favor. The relevance of this joke evolves from the frustration modern parents (and students) occasionally experience with "Common Core" mathematics.

Fact #768
This was Pixar's fourth follow-up film where the protagonist and side character switch roles, in which Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl takes on the role of the protagonist from Mr. Incredible. The other times this happened was in Cars 2, where Mater took over from Lightning McQueen, in Monsters University, where Mike took over from Sully, and in Finding Dory, where Dory took over from Marlin.

Fact #769
When Mr. Incredible is drinking coffee while learning Dash's math homework, he is drinking from an Insuricare coffee mug, the same company he worked for in the first Incredibles movie. 

Fact #770
The Pixar short film Smash And Grab was originally going to precede with Incredibles 2 in theaters, but it got replaced with Bao, and Smash And Grab is now going to play with Toy Story 4 in 2019. 

Fact #771
The number shown when Winston is talking via speakerphone has a 510 area code; Pixar's studios are in Emeryville, CA, which has a 510 area code.

Fact #772
The superhero Helectrix has a similar look like the character Dean from The Iron Giant, another film directed by Brad Bird. 

Fact #773
The fourteen-year gap between the first film and this sequel was the longest waiting time between a Disney/Pixar film and its sequel.

Fact #774
The Ambassador's name is given as Henrietta Selick, which is actually a hat-tip tribute to animation director Henry Selick, who formerly worked for the Walt Disney Studios' animation department from the mid-1970s to the early 1980s. After he left, he became a freelance animator/director where he pursued to work on film projects that includes The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach, and Coraline. 

Fact #775
This was Pixar's fourth film to have a female protagonist, after Brave, Inside Out and Finding Dory. 

Fact #776
Sarah Vowell, who voices the daughter Violet, is now older than Holly Hunter was in the first film. Vowell was 34 at the time the first film was released, while Hunter was 46. At the time the sequel was released, Vowell was 48 and Hunter was 60.

Fact #777
The first time Bob goes to tuck in Jack-Jack you can see the crib has an image of a seal balancing a ball on its nose, the ball is Pixar's famous Easter Egg ball from Luxo. 

Fact #778
Incredibles 2 opens the same way as Jack-Jack Attack, with Rick Dicker interviewing an acquaintance of the Parr family, and the opening scene ends in a similar way to the short, with Tony getting his memories wiped.

Fact #779
This was the first Pixar Animation Studios film to have a merchandise deal with the fast food restaurant chain McDonald's for the McDonald's Happy Meal since Cars in 2006, a twelve-year gap. 

Fact #780
There was controversy when the title for this film was first released. While the first film was titled "The Incredibles," this film is simply titled "Incredibles 2." Many extreme fans expressed outrage about the removal of the word "The" from the title of the beloved film's sequel's title. 

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!!