Facts 901-930: Avengers Endgame Themed Page

WARNING!! THIS UPDATE WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS ENDGAME!! IF YOU HAVE YET TO SEE THE MOVIE, GO WATCH IT AND THEN COME BACK AND READ THIS!! IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE AND READ THIS UPDATE, PLEASE DON'T BE MEAN AND USE THIS AS A MEANS TO SPOIL PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, IT'S NOT NICE! 

DO YOU WANT THANOS TO SNAP YOU OUT OF EXISTENCE? NO? GOOD! MOVING ON! 

****

Fact #901 
Robert Downey Jr. was the only cast member who read the entire film's script.

Fact #902
Even though Captain Marvel was released one month before this film, Brie Larson shot her scenes for Endgame first.

Fact #903
Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd were filming Ant-Man and the Wasp and Endgame at the same time.

Fact #904
This film earned $60 million in Thursday night previews, breaking the $57 million record held by Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens in 2015.

Fact #905
Filming officially began on August 10, 2017. It was shot after a three- to five-week break once, which started filming on January 23, 2017, wrapped.

Fact #906
During his appearance, Red Skull mutters "Oh, Liebchen" - German for "Oh, darling", but outdated, being very appropriate for this character and his origin.

Fact #907
Scott Lang's storage unit number is 616 which is the same number for the primary continuity of the Marvel Comics Universe.

Fact #908
The comic book creator of Thanos makes a brief cameo in the film.

Fact #909
Opening night tickets were resold on eBay for thousands of dollars, with a pair of IMAX tickets in New Jersey selling for $15,000.

Fact #910
The first poster released featured Okoye but did not include Danai Gurira's name among the rest of the cast members' names at the top of the poster. That poster was quickly recalled and replaced with one that did include her name.

Fact #911
At the beginning of the film, Natasha gets a report from Okoye about an earthquake at the Atlantic Ocean. In the Marvel comics, the Atlantic was the home of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, ruled by the Marvel hero Namor the Sub-Mariner.

Fact #912
At Tony Stark's funeral, a teenage boy is seen standing behind Scarlet Witch and Bucky. This is Harley Keener (Ty Simpkins), the boy from Iron Man 3 who took Tony in his shed as he fixed his Iron Man suit.

Fact #913
The iconic comic book line "Avengers Assemble" is finally said on screen by Captain America prior to the final battle. This was teased at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron but the film cuts to the credits before being fully spoken.

Fact #914
In the funeral scene, Morgan asks for a cheeseburger and Happy smirks and says that her father loved cheeseburgers. This is a reference to Tony Stark requesting "an American cheeseburger" upon arrival at the press conference, after escaping from the cave in the first Iron Man film.

Fact #915
Captain America wielding Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, comes from the comics, where Steve Rogers has proven himself worthy by the enchantment cast on the hammer. This also marks the second film where Steve Rogers makes an attempt to wield Mjolnir.

Fact #916
Tony Stark kicks off the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Infinity Saga with the phrase "I am Iron Man". At the end of the climactic battle, Tony's last words are "I am Iron Man", bringing the Infinity Saga to a close.

Fact #917
Edwin Jarvis, played by James D'Arcy, becomes the first character in the MCU to be introduced in a Marvel TV series and make an appearance in a movie. The character was first introduced in Agent Carter: Now Is Not the End in 2015 and was a regular cast member on Agent Carter. This also marks the first time the original Jarvis is seen in a film, as he had been replaced by the computer program J.A.R.V.I.S. voiced by Paul Bettany, in previous films.

Fact #918
Steve Rogers ends up in an aged form by the end of the film and hands the shield and the Captain America title over to Sam Wilson. This came from the comics, when Steve Rogers was temporarily turned into an old man by having the Super-Soldier serum drained from his body, forcing Sam to become Captain America during the 2014 comic book storyline, "The Tomorrow Soldier". For this film, while he has the serum, it didn't stop his aging. So when he takes the long way back to the present after one-way time-travelling to the '40s, even though he's a very fit 105 years-old, it shows.

Fact #919
When Sam Wilson/Falcon calls for Steve Rogers/Captain America on the radio, he says "on your left". This exact phrase was said by Captain America, to Falcon, in the beginning of Captain America: The Winter Soldier in 2014. 

Fact #920
During the planning scene Hulk/Bruce Banner can be seen eating his own Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor.

Fact #921
Steve Rogers dupes the Hydra agents into believing he's an undercover Hydra agent himself. This came from the "Secret Empire" comic storyline, where Rogers was revealed to have been a member of Hydra. It was revealed to have been an alternate version of Steve Rogers who's history had been rewritten by the personified Cosmic Cube, Kobik.

Fact #922
"New Asgard" is actually a village in the southern borders region of Scotland, called St Abbs. Thor can be seen drinking Innes and Gunn, a beer brewed in Scotland. Other hints to Scotland in this scene are the bottle of Irn Bru on the windowsill, and the golf club behind Thor's head.

Fact #923
"Endgame" was Robert Downey Jr.'s last contractual obligation to play Tony Stark/Iron Man for Marvel Studios. Downey has stated he plans on being involved with the Marvel Cinematic Universe longer than his current contractual commitments are structured, so many are led to believe he will sign a new deal after his current one has concluded.

Fact #924
Clint Barton appears in Japan with the identity of Ronin in this film. This is based on the comics, where, in the aftermath of the Civil War event, he took up the Ronin identity during a mission to Japan with the New Avengers to save Echo who had been the previous Ronin. Barton has a tattoo of a ronin on his arm, as a further homage.

Fact #925
When Natasha, Steve, and Ant-Man go to visit Tony to convince him of the time travel plan, Natasha is seen wearing a necklace with an arrow on it. This is a nod to her friendship with Hawkeye, who is still rogue at this point in the film.

Fact #926
In the climatic battle before Tony takes the infinity stones into his gauntlet to snap, he looks to Doctor Strange who holds up 1 finger. This is an acknowledgement to Tony from their previous conversation before the battle that this is the timeline in which they win.

Fact #927
When Steve Rogers is in Hank Pym's lab looking for Pym Particles you can see a helmet for the original Ant Man suit identical to the original comic design. 

Fact #928
Morgan Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, was based off the character Howard Stark III, who was their son from an alternate reality in the comics (from Invincible Iron Man #500 that was published in 2011). This is also the fourth film to have a character portrayed as the opposite gender from their comic book counterpart, which was preceded by the Ancient One from Doctor Strange in 2016, Ghost from Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018, and Mar-Vell from Captain Marvel in 2019. 

Fact #929
At the end of the film, while on the Guardians' ship, the Guardians and Thor are discussing different ways for Thor and Quill to determine who's the captain of the ship. When it's Groot's turn to speak, he says "I am Groot" in a sarcastic way. The camera then cuts to Thor and Quill, who exchange a glance and a laugh, implying that Groot suggested a "measuring contest" to determine the captain.

Fact #930
Jon Favreau, director of Iron Man and the person who started the MCU, is seen at Tony's funeral talking to Morgan.

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! Have a magical day. . . AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!