Facts 451-480

Here are some facts about a few of the Disney World hotels, including Art of Animation, Disney's Polynesian Resort, and more! 

I'm excited to announce that I will be doing to Walt Disney World in a couple of weeks! :D I'm planning on doing a instagram livestream at some point, maybe to record one of the firework shows or just to show you guys around the area a little and chat with you guys. 

If you're interested and want to be updated on when I live stream and see some Disney vacation pics, follow me on Instagram: madalynkendrick (no capitals). Just let me know that you're from Disney facts and I'll accept your friend request! 

Also I started a ko-fi page as well, so if you are comfortable with it and feeling generous, click the external link at the bottom of the update where you can leave a $3 donation. Feel free to make a request on my message board there if there's a specific Disney topic you'd like me to cover, and I'll get to that ASAP and tag you in the update!

Enough chit chat, let's take a tour of the hotels!

Fact #451
In the Art of Animation hotel, look up at the ceiling while you're in the lobby and you should see a one of a kind storyboard chandelier. It consists of 77 original pages of characters and background images Cars, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo, which are the four themes of the hotel. 

Fact #452
Also in the lobby, artists have a station available where they can teach you how to draw Disney characters. It comes in handy if you're a parent(s) and travelling with children, it's a fun little activity to keep them busy while you check in at the front desk. 

Fact #453

The Big Blue Pool in the Finding Nemo par of the hotel holds up to 310,000 gallons of water, making it the largest non-water park pool in Walt Disney World. 

Fact #454
The Big Blue Pool is also the only pool in Walt Disney World equipped with built in speakers underwater, allowing swimmers to listen to music while down under. 

Fact #455
The Landscape of Flavours cafe in Art of Animation allows you to customize your own omelettes, burgers, salad, and smoothies. 

Fact #456
In the Cars Themed section of Art of Animation, other than being able to snap a picture with Lightning McQueen and Mater, you can also get a picture with a few other Cars characters you won't be able to see at the parks, such as  Filmore, Sarge, and Luigi. 

Fact #457
All of the Disney World resorts are green lodging certified by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, meaning that the resorts are widely environmentally friendly with more than enough recycle bin stations, chemical free water filtration system, and much more. 

Fact #458
The Art of Animation resort was the first to use washable, non-disposable, plates and utensils in its food court to keep up with the environmentally friendly theme. 

Fact #459
There are 2,500 sculpted icons at the Art of Animation resort. How many can you find?

Fact #460
Disney's Polynesian Resort first opened on October 1st 1971, the same day the Magic Kingdom opened just a boat ride away. 

Fact #461
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is not just a Hawiian luau, but it also pays tribute to many other Polynesian cultures as well, such as Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, and New Zealand. 

Fact #462
Everyone knows that there are hidden Mickeys scattered everywhere throughout Disney World, but perhaps the more harder ones to track down are located in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Keep a look out on the paintings and decorations in your hotel room, just to name a few places on where they can be found. 

Fact #463
Captain Cook's quick service restaurant is the only place in Walt Disney World, other than the Magic Kingdom, where you can get the famous Dole Whip, pineapple flavored ice cream. 

Fact #464
If you're lucky, some rooms at the Polynesian have a view of Cinderella's Castle. 

Fact #465
Disney's Polynesian resort is the first stop of the Night of The Electrical Water Pageant. Running since 1971, the pageant features sea creatures and patriotic songs that light up Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. 

Fact #466
On some days before the sun sets, the cast members of the Spirit of Aloha dinner show will perform a Torch Lighting ceremony in the lobby of the Polynesian hotel. One cast member plays a drum while a knife dancer lights up the torches scattered across the hotel. 

Fact #467
The Polynesian resort features the Nanea Volcano swimming pool. Nanea means "relaxing" in Hawaiian. 

Fact #468
At the Polynesian you can book a premium Cabana for up to 12 people. It comes equip with lounge chairs and a private deck where you can get a great view of the Magic Kingdom's evening firework shows, complete with soundtrack of the show playing on the beach. 

Fact #469
Two of Walt Disney's personal train carts are kept in Carolwood Pacific Fair Weather Route room at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. 

Fact #470
Disney's Wilderness Lodge's Artists Point Resturant is home to a collection of over 130 bottles of wine from the Pacific North West. 

Fact #471
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts are both the only two Disney hotels with Presidential Suites in the theme park. 

Fact #472
The Contemporary Resort features 90,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 44,300-square-foot grand ballroom.

Fact #473
Walt Disney World continues maintenance of golf operations on the two PGA championship 18-hole golf courses and nine-hole walking course located adjacent to this property, and golf is available to all Disney resort guests. 

Fact #474
Shades of Green is operated as an Armed Forces Recreation Center for the exclusive use of military members and their families.

Fact #475
With all of the Walt Disney Resorts combined, approximately 160,000 guests can occupy the resorts.

Fact #476
When the imagineers got together to build Disney's Pop Century resort, they wanted to make a building for each decade from the 1900's, for a total of ten buildings. The original plan was to have two sections separated by a bridge, so that the 1900-1940 buildings were on one side of the property, and 1950-1990 buildings was on the other. After constructing all of the buildings planned, the unfortunate events of September 11th occurred, causing a delay in constructing the remaining four buildings in 'The Legendary Years' section due to a decline in tourism. Production stopped, and after several years, the idea for Art of Animation came to life. They decided to use the property that was meant for 'The Legendary Years' for this new resort. Three larger than life buildings were constructed with family suites, and the fourth building, which was originally constructed for the Pop Century, was utilized as standard rooms. This is why the Little Mermaid section of the Art of Animation is not like any of the other sections of the resort.

Fact #477
As of 2016, there is still enough land for Disney to construct 20 more resorts.

Fact #478
Every single Disney Resort on property offers Movies Under the Stars each and every night by the resort pool or beach. Guests can relax and watch a different Disney movie each night.

Fact #479
Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They'll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally free!

Fact #480
Disney's only full-time harpist entertains diners at Victoria & Albert's, a grand dining experience at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

********

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!