Facts 421-450: Cars 3 Themed Page

Ka-chow! It's time for another update, this time travelling to the world of Cars to talk about the third installment of the Cars films! 

Just a quick little reminder that I now have a ko-fi page! The link is available in my bio on my profile and in the external link button at the bottom of this update.

This is to help me earn a little extra cash this summer (as job searching in my hometown is horrible this time of year) for school and other personal things.  You the readers can leave donations and make special requests as for what you would like for me to research about next in the update of Disney Facts! You can still make a request down in the comments below, however it is more likely that I will get to the donated request faster. (THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WON'T DO THE REQUESTED TOPIC SUGGESTED IN THE COMMENTS. I'LL STILL DO IT, BUT IT MAY TAKE ME A WHILE)

Now then, without further ado, let's race through these facts!

Fact #421
The film focuses on McQueen's relationship and memory of Doc Hudson.

Fact #422
One of the new racers is number 31 and is sponsored by Triple Dent gum, which was in the gum commercial that annoyed Anger from Inside Out.

Fact #423
The first G-rated Disney Animated film since Monsters University in 2013.

Fact #424
Director Brian Fee has mentioned that the film is a love letter to racing and the American way and it is inspired by the Americana you see traveling through the South where every small town has a dirt track.

Fact #425
The Cars 3 teaser trailer suggests that this film has a much darker tone than its predecessors. As a result, a controversy began whether or not to allow young McQueen fans to watch this film. However, it left Cars critics unexpectedly anticipating this film.

Fact #426
Jackson Storm is seen racing at the Buy N Large raceway in the Next Generation Extended Look. Buy N Large originated in WALL·E, another Pixar film, making this the second Pixar film to reference it, the first being Toy Story 3. 

Fact #427
Pixar's first Follow Up film to have a Returning Viillain outside a Cameo, being Chick Hicks, the Main Antagonist of the first film having redeemed himself.

Fact #428
The pizza planet truck makes an appearance during the demolition scenes.

Fact #429
One of the locations Mack drives through is Arlo's family farm from Pixar's previous film The Good Dinosaur.

Fact #430
On Sterling's door to his office it has "A113" seen printed on the glass.

Fact #431
Some of Paul Newman's voice recordings for Doc Hudson that were cut out of Cars were used for this film, making it Newman's first posthumous role in a movie nearly 9 years after his death.

Fact #432
The first film in the Cars franchise to not be directed by John Lasseter, since he chose to direct Toy Story 4 instead.

Fact #433
Some of the next generation racers names are puns on the actors names. For example, Chase Racelott is voiced by Chase Elliot.

Fact #434
The last Pixar Film worked on by Daniel Gerson, who passed away during production over a year before the film's release.

Fact #435
The sound of the portable treadmill booting up is the same sound Wall-E makes when he boots up.

Fact #436
In June 2017, Entertainment Weekly reported that during the voice-actor recording process for Cars, director John Lasseter spent a lot of time in the recording booth with Paul Newman, who often regaled him with stories about his life and his many years as a race car driver. Lasseter said, "In a way, he mentored me in racing because car racing was his true life's passion, and I made sure that whenever he came into the recording booth, we were recording everything. In between takes, he would tell me stories about great races, and you could hear the passion in his voice."

Fact #437
The song Mater sings to himself is called "Put It in the Bag (The Humphrey Hop)" from the obscure Disney short cartoon series "Humphrey the Bear."

Fact #438
Features more than 65 different individual racers, more than both of the previous Cars films combined, as Cars had 36, and Cars 2 had 11.

Fact #439
In the scene where Cruz is training the new millennial cars on the treadmills, she plays music for one car to remind him of home and shows him a scene on the television. The scene is from the new Pixar movie Coco, coming out in the fall of 2017.

Fact #440
The Thomasville Race Track is based on the old North Wilkesboro Race track in northwestern North Carolina.

Fact #441
During the demolition derby Lightning uses the name Chester Whipplefilter to try to hide his identity. "Mr. Whipple" is a character featured in Charmin brand toilet papers ads from the 1960s to the late '90s. 

Fact #442
In an interview with Screen Junkies, Cars 3 director Brian Fee revealed that the film originally had a scene in which Lightning McQueen ended up at a party in Los Angeles with the old Batmobile and the new Batmobile talking to each other. 

Fact #443
A tie-in video game has been announced to accompany the film's release. It was developed by Avalanche Software, which was shut down by Disney in 2016, but was acquired and revived by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. 

Fact #444
Lightning McQueen sports five distinct looks in "Cars 3," including one that pays homage to his original paint, a primer look he gets following the devastating crash, a custom wrap ordered by Sterling, and more.

Fact #445
Five key areas in the southeast U.S. were visited to research the history of stock-car racing as well as the look and feel of racing in the area. Among these areas are Charlotte, North Carolina, where filmmakers spent time at the NASCAR Museum, the Charlotte Motor Speedway, the Hendrick Motorsport facility, consultant Ray Evernham's garage and voice talent Humpy Wheeler's house; North Wilkesboro Speedway; Occoneechee State Park and Speedway; Daytona, where they saw the Daytona Superspeedway, Daytona Beach (where early races took place), Daytona 500 Museum; and the Sonoma Speedway, where filmmakers were invited to ride along with professional racecar drivers.

Fact #446
While the clouds library for "Cars 3" features thousands of cloud pieces, 85 percent of the clouds in "Cars 3" came from the cloud library for "The Good Dinosaur." 

Fact #447
Artists, designers, and technicians at Pixar Animation Studios were able to install 30,000 lights at the Florida Speedway for the final race of the film.

Fact #448
The render farm being utilized to render "Cars 3" runs more than 60,000 cores. Memory has been upgraded recently, bringing the average per core to 10 gigabytes, compared to the 4 gigabytes per core recently used for "Inside Out".

Fact #449
Cruz Ramirez is a key character with a compelling and emotional story. In order to give her a dynamic range of motion and expressions, character riggers gave Cruz a total of 656 controls, including 360 for her body and 296 for her face—the mouth, lips, teeth, and tongue have 216 controls alone.

Fact #450
Artists created more than 80,000 storyboards during the production of the movie. Just 10,102 made it into the final sequences.

******

I hope you enjoyed all of these facts as much as I did!