Facts 541-570

Losing? Not an option, cause we'e rotten... to the core! ;)

This page will feature some facts about Descendants 2, but sadly not enough to make it it's own page. I missed the premiere since I was down in Disney World at the time, but I heard it blew the first one out of the water.  

Fact #541
Descendants is the eighth Disney Channel original movie to become a franchise. Previous franchises include Halloweentown in 1998, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century in 1999, The Cheetah Girls in 2003, Twitches in 2005, High School Musical in 2006, Camp Rock in 2008, and Teen Beach Movie 2013.

Fact #542

This is the third time Cameron Boyce and China Anne McClain are working together in Descendants 2. Their previous work together was both Grown Up films starring Adam Sandler.

Fact #543
Whoopi Goldberg plays the role of Ursula in Descendants 2. 

Fact #544
In the closing scene of Descendants 2, three of the lantern lights are arranged in a Mickey head shape. 

Fact #545
With the exception of Sarah Jeffery who plays Audrey, all the original cast from the first Descendants movie reprise their roles for the sequel. Even though she doesn't appear, Audrey is still mentioned by Chad. 

Fact #546
The boat that was used for the Cotillion in Descendants 2 has glass windows that features some of the Disney couples. These include Belle and Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Ariel and Eric, Tiana and Prince Naveen, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Aladdin and Jasmine, Snow White and The Prince, and Pocahontas and John Smith. 

Fact #547
At the end of the credits of Descendants 2, Uma came out from the water and turned around to face the camera saying, "You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?" In a call back to when Mal said at the end of the first movie, and a hint at a potential "Descendants 3" triquel.

Fact #548
Rumour was that among the deleted scenes, there was a kiss between Harry Hook and Gil. Unfortunately, the scene was cut from the final version. Thomas Doherty posted a picture of the scene on his Instagram account. The creators of the film came out to say that while a kiss between the two is mentioned in the book version of Descendants 2, the kiss was never written or scripted for the film. It was actually Harry and Gil's actors improvising in the background of the scene. Had it been real, it  would have been Disney Channel's first LGBT kiss. 

Fact #549
Descendants 2 reached a viewership of 13 million views, making it the second highest DCOM to bring in a large amount of ratings behind High School Musical 2, both directed by Kenny Ortega.

Fact #550
Disney has recently announced that they are shutting down their Disney Vacation Savings Account program. It was a program that allowed you to create a savings account to progressively add money towards your Disney vacation if you weren't able to pay for it all at once. They claimed that the program was one of their more underrated ones and it was so under the radar, only a fair few of people knew about it and used it. 

Fact #551
Go to Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom in Disney World between 3-6pm and order the "secret nachos". The whole restaurant will start buzzing with excitement. You will be escorted to a reserved table where your nachos arrive in a wagon, complete with a processional of the restaurant's staff. Once eating is complete, diners are treated to a certificate, cowboy hats and sheriff's badges. The nachos are meant to serve up to 10 people and is $85. 

Fact #552
For the Season 2 premiere of Disney Junior's The Lion Guard, it as been announced that Scar will be accidentally resurrected by Kion.