Facts 61-90: Captain America Civil War Themed Page

This job... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time... maybe nobody gets saved. - Captain America

I think it's about time I did a page on this movie! Who's ready to learn?!

Fact #61
Tom Holland commented on how intimidated he was when he came to screen test for Spider-Man, saying that Robert Downey Jr. took him aside and said, "Listen, I remember my screen test for Iron Man. I remember how terrified I was. Just think of it as an audition. It's nothing too scary. If you get it wrong, we'll just start again. No pressure."

Fact #62
T'Challa had a much smaller role in the earlier drafts and did not even appear in costume, as the writers intended to put more focus on Spider-Man and save Black Panther's origin for his own movie. However, when it looked like Marvel would not be getting permission to use Spider-Man, Black Panther's role was beefed up significantly. By the time they did get to use Spider-Man, T'Challa had already become so integral to the plot that they decided to leave his role as it is and give Spider-Man a smaller part.

Fact #63
Tony Stark remarks how attractive Aunt May is. Downey and Tomei actually had a relationship in the 1990s, and appeared in two other films together.

Fact #64
In the film, the Falcon utilizes a falcon drone called Redwing. In the mainstream Marvel comics, Redwing was an actual falcon, which was Sam Wilson's sidekick.

Fact #65
When the production of the film wrapped up, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie raced each other while in their super hero suits.

Fact #66
One scene shows Ant-Man being boosted by an arrow from Hawkeye. This is taken directly from the comics, specifically The Avengers #223.

Fact #67
The day before filming a fight scene with Robert Downey Jr., Sebastian Stan sent him a video of himself doing intense bicep curls in front of the decapitated head of an Iron Man suit. He attached the message, 'Looking forward to our scene tomorrow Robert.'

Fact #68
Tom Holland is the youngest person to portray Spider-Man/Peter Parker on screen at 19 years old.

Fact #69
In an interview, Daniel Brühl said the budget for this movie was so huge that you could make twenty films from it.

Fact #70
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely's original idea for Captain America 3 was a vastly different and much smaller film without the other Avengers, but Kevin Feige suggested they adapt Civil War instead. Certain parts of their original idea still made into the movie, such as the emphasis on Steve and Bucky's relationship, as well as the use of Baron Zemo as the villain.

Fact #71
When Steve and Bucky remember going on a double date in Brooklyn when they were younger, the Captain mentions Bucky's date was a redhead named Dolores, with the nickname Dot. That description fits with one of Peggy Carter's nemeses from Agent Carter, Dottie Underwood, also exploited as a weapon by the Soviets.

Fact #72
Hope van Dyne was going to become The Wasp in an earlier draft of the script, but she was removed due to concerns that reducing her role to a cameo alongside the other characters would be a disservice to her as a character. The fact that Evangeline Lilly was pregnant at the time also probably influenced the decision. Kevin Feige has asserted that she will officially take on the Wasp mantle in a substantial role at a later point in Phase 3, which was later revealed to be in a new project entitled Ant-Man and the Wasp, set to release in 2018.

Fact #73
Chris Evans injured his arm muscles while filming the iconic shot of Captain America holding back a helicopter with his hands. Robert Downey Jr. joked that the film-makers didn't mind that Evans hurt himself because of how great the shot turned out and they have been using it to promote the film ever since.

Fact #74
Robert Downey Jr. acted as the younger Tony Stark along with John Slattery and Hope Davis. Lola FX provided the "de-aging" visual effects on the face and hair of Downey Jr. with footage and photos of his early career as references.

Fact #75 (Not 100% sure, can someone please confirm? it's it's untrue, I'll replace it.)
During the scene where Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier is in Bucharest, Romania, he is shown to be buying plums at a fruit market. Plums are actually beneficial in treating those with Alzheimer's disease (a form of dementia characterized by memory loss), which therefore is suitable for Bucky because he has been brainwashed and is trying to remember his life before the Winter Soldier.

Fact #76
The Vision's civilian clothing was inspired by 1940s actor Cary Grant's attire.

Fact #77
While fighting the Winter Soldier, Black Widow asks him, "You could at least recognize me.". This is a reference to the Soviet Scientist she was guarding when she was shot by the Winter Soldier. This may also be a reference to a storyline in the comics where the two were romantically involved.

Fact #78
Ann Russo, the wife of co-director Anthony Russo, provided the voice of Helmut Zemo's wife in the message box of Zemo's phone.

Fact #79
The sleeve patches on the Russian soldiers in the beginning of the film showed the flag of the modern day Russian Federation. The scene took place on Dec 16, 1991, meaning the USSR was still in existence, though only for another 10 days. The soldiers would have had a red hammer and sickle on their patches instead.

Fact #80
Despite being a Lieutenant Colonel in Iron Man, and Iron Man 2, and a full Colonel in Iron Man 3, Don Cheadle is credited as Lieutenant James Rhodes in this film.

Fact #81
In the car chase scene, Captain America takes over the car by punching out the windshield. Yet, in every shot of the vehicle afterwards, the reflection of light can be seen on the "nonexistent" windshield.

Fact #82
When Rhodey fell from the sky after being shot down, he had absolutely no power in his suit to help cushion his fall. Being in a big metal suit and dropping like a rock should have broken every bone in his body and killed him on impact.

Fact #83
Giant-Man is disabled the same way as the giant in the "Brave Little Tailor" Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Fact #84
Ant Man before turning into Giant Man starts repeating "I'm the Boss" in reference to the end of Raging Bull when Jake LaMotta prepares for his act.

Fact #85
Ant man says the phrase "I'm your conscience, we haven't spoken for a while," the same phrase was used by Marlin in Finding Nemo.

Fact #86
Civil War is the conclusion of the Captain America trilogy that began with The First Avenger.

Fact #87
Daredevil has a role and an epic put-down directed at Iron Man in the Civil War comics, but sadly he doesn't appear in the movie. Cox was interested in getting on board in a cameo role when he discovered that Daredevil appeared in the comic books, but he raised the question a little too late and "missed that boat," as he told IGN.

Fact #88
Charlie Plummer was set to play Spider-Man in Civil War, however due to him being only 16 years old, which caused trouble with Child Labor Laws, Tom Holland was chosen instead.

Fact #89
Captain America: Civil War is the second movie in the franchise to star both Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye/Clint Barton) and Anthony Mackie (Falcon/Sam Wilson). Though they both appeared in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Civil War is the first time the two heroes appear together in the same scene, as they both take part in the battle as part of Team Cap.

Fact #90
In one scene, Hawkeye calls him the Futurist, which is the name of the first and only album of Robert Downey Jr.'s short-lived music career, released in 2004.

******
I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! Stay Disney everyone!