Facts 871-900: Captain Marvel Themed Page

"I'm not gonna fight your war, I'm gonna end it!" Raise your hand if you absolutely loved Captain Marvel? I know I did!! Now who's ready to learn some facts about our Captain? I know I am!!

*WARNING THESE FACTS DUE CONTAIN SPOILERS SO PLEASE PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION IF YOU HAVE YET TO SEE THE FILM* 

Fact #871
Goose is played by four different very professional cat actors named Reggie, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Archie.

Fact #872
Brie Larson is allergic to cats, so her scenes involving Goose were filmed with a puppet or computer-generated VFX.

Fact #873
The security guard Captain Marvel speaks to at the beginning of the movie is Marvel security director Barry Curtis.

Fact #874
In the comics, Captain Marvel's cat is named Chewie, after Chewbacca from Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. In this film, it was named Goose after Goose Bradshaw from Top Gun.

Fact #875
While Monica Rambeau is choosing a new color for Carol Danvers' suit, we can see many references: a red and yellow suit (the colors worn by DC's Captain Marvel, currently known as Shazam), a black and golden suit (the colors of Carol Danver's Miss Marvel suit), and a white and green suit (the classic Kree armor suit colors in the comics).

Fact #876
When Talos confronts Carol and Nick in Louisiana, he sips from a fast food drink container. It is the exact same design as the cup that Jules, played by Samuel L. Jackson, sips in the scene in Pulp Fiction from 1994, where they steal back the briefcase. 

Fact #877
Project PEGASUS stands for "Potential Energy Group/Alternate Sources/United States." It was previously mentioned in the first Avengers back in 2012.

Fact #878
The name "Captain Marvel" is not used once in the entire film until the closing credits.

Fact #879
In February 2019, Marvel launched the official website of the film which emulates design from the 1990s, including HTML frames, a mix of rainbow fonts, pixelated GIFs, a hit counter, a guestbook, and a low-resolution trailer framed inside a window resembling Real Player.

Fact #880
There were concerns that Brie Larson was too young to portray a pilot. Screenwriter Nicole Perlman consulted with the U.S. Air Force, who said it was possible for someone between twenty-eight and thirty-four to become an accomplished pilot like Danvers.

Fact #881
This film is set in the 1990s, and serves as a prequel tale for established Marvel Cinematic Universe characters Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Korath the Pursuer, and Ronan the Accuser.

Fact #882
Pinar Toprak signed on to compose the film's score, making her the first woman to score an MCU film.

Fact #883
When portraying the alien Skrull Talos, Ben Mendelsohn used his native Australian accent. When Talos adopts a human disguise, Mendelsohn used an American accent.

Fact #884
Fury's ID showed him having only level 3 clearance at the time.

Fact #885
To prepare for her role as Captain Marvel, Brie Larson trained for nine months, learning judo, boxing, and wrestling. She also visited Nellis Air Force Base and met with active duty airmen, including Brigadier General Jeannie Leavitt and Thunderbirds pilot Major Stephen Del Bagno.

Fact #886
Quantum physicist Spyridon Michalakis, of the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter at the California Institute of Technology, was consulted on the film.

Fact #887
When Brie Larson's casting was announced at Comic-Con, CNN ran the headline "Shazam! Brie Larson is 'Captain Marvel'," apparently not realizing that they were thinking of the wrong Captain Marvel.

Fact #888
Fury mentions that he likes to operate in locations that start with the letter "B" because he can make them rhyme. In Captain America: the Winter Soldier, Alexander Pierce talks about a rescue mission that Fury initiated, against orders, in Bogotá.

Fact #889
Pancho's Bar is a reference to female aviator Pancho Barnes and The Happy Bottom Riding Club featured in The Right Stuff.

Fact #890
Jamie McKelvie, who designed Carol's Captain Marvel suit in the comics, praised the movie costume for closely adhering to his work.

Fact #891
The Skrull make-up took two hours to apply.

Fact #892
Fury says no one calls him "Nick." In the MCU films that take place later in the timeline, Tony Stark and Agent Maria Hill both call him "Nick."

Fact #893
Maria Rambeau's pilot call sign is Photon. In the comics her daughter Monica Rambeau gained superpowers similar to Captain Marvel and briefly took on the title of Photon (She had other titles too - Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Spectrum).

Fact #894
In the movie Carol refers to Monica as "Lieutenant Trouble". In the comics, Lieutenant Trouble (a young girl named Kit Renner) was Captain Marvel's biggest fan and later on became her friend.

Fact #895
When Captain Marvel crashes into the Blockbuster store, she uses her photon blast to destroy a cardboard cutout of Arnold Schwarzenegger promoting True Lies from 1994.

Fact #896
While in the classified file room there were a couple of boxes with the name Kevin Larosa clearly behind Carol. Kevin Larosa Sr. is the stunt aerial coordinator in the movie.

Fact #897
When Vers/Captain Marvel is looking around the bar and remembering past experiences there, she notices the arcade cabinet for a Capcom video game. Since 1996, one year after the year this movie is set, Capcom has published fighting video games that pit their characters against Marvel superheroes. Captain Marvel did not appear in any of them until Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, released in 2017.

Fact #898
This will be the first Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures-distributed film not to be streamed on Netflix, after Disney decided to let their licensing deal with Netflix expire. Disney plans on releasing this movie on their subscription service, Disney+.

Fact #899
This film is the chronological introduction of the Kree race. In Season 5 of Marvel's Agents of Shield back in 2013, the agents were kidnapped, taken into the future and held captive by the Kree. 

Fact #900
Carol Danvers' pilot call sign is "Avenger" in the film, which Nick Fury names the heroes he founds to protect the Earth. In the comics, Danvers took the call sign "Cheeseburger".

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! Have a magical day!